User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Liberals Keep Touting California as a success story in obamacare

Banned Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsYour first Group1 year registered
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Thanks

The Liberals Keep Touting California as a success story in obamacare

How can that be? California has a 132 billion dollar debt and more people in california are on welfare that work. So how is obamacare sustainable? I don't get it? I think California is another Detroit. It's just a matter of time.

http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com...people-on.html

for that matter how can it work in any of the states shown on the map that have more people on welfare than are working?

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 5.0%

Thanks
    I live in California. With brief exceptions, I have lived in California since 1959. California is broke. It touts success by use of clever numbers manipulation leading to massive projected surpluses. The projected surpluses never materialize. They never become actual surpluses. But, they are spent as if they were.

The truth is, California not only has more people receiving public benefits than contributing to public benefits, we have more illiterate people than literate people including teachers. Yes, we really do have teachers that cannot read. We have a high number of foreign teachers mostly from mexico who cannot read English, yet they are teaching.

Detroit just went bankrupt because there is a provision in the Federal Bankruptcy code for municipal bankruptcy. There is no provision in the Federal Bankruptcy code for state bankruptcy. California and Illiniois are both on the path to bankruptcy. Someone is going to have to write that code pretty soon.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Katzndogz For This Useful Post:

Dan40 (12-25-2013),fyrenza (12-07-2013),usfan (12-06-2013)

Senior Member Achievements:
    Created Album picturesSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Katzndogz View Post
    I live in California. With brief exceptions, I have lived in California since 1959. California is broke. It touts success by use of clever numbers manipulation leading to massive projected surpluses. The projected surpluses never materialize. They never become actual surpluses. But, they are spent as if they were.

The truth is, California not only has more people receiving public benefits than contributing to public benefits, we have more illiterate people than literate people including teachers. Yes, we really do have teachers that cannot read. We have a high number of foreign teachers mostly from mexico who cannot read English, yet they are teaching.

Detroit just went bankrupt because there is a provision in the Federal Bankruptcy code for municipal bankruptcy. There is no provision in the Federal Bankruptcy code for state bankruptcy. California and Illiniois are both on the path to bankruptcy. Someone is going to have to write that code pretty soon.
    The California state government has a lot of creative accounting options still left. California is not broke, but the government is.
    The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
    -Albert Camus

Away for a while.

Banned Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsYour first Group1 year registered
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Thanks

Who in the hell keeps lending California money? I know that the tax base is moving out, just like they moved out of Detroit.

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 71.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedingHeadKen View Post
    The California state government has a lot of creative accounting options still left. California is not broke, but the government is.

The State Economy is still very powerful. Larger than some European nations in fact.

But that does not mean collapse is inevitable. Our State Government acts as though it is, just like the once envied and prosperous Detroit.

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 71.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Matalese View Post
    How can that be? California has a 132 billion dollar debt and more people in california are on welfare that work. So how is obamacare sustainable?

Have a look:

https://www.coveredca.com/?utm_sourc...FcKDQgodYwwAoA

Obamacare or Medical, take your pick and sign up NOW!

They have commercials for this operation running during daytime TV for the unemployed.

Created Album picturesSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RMNIXON View Post
    Have a look:

https://www.coveredca.com/?utm_sourc...FcKDQgodYwwAoA

Obamacare or Medical, take your pick and sign up NOW!

They have commercials for this operation running during daytime TV for the unemployed.
    I did. My insurance is going up 30%, I get about 10% less coverage. The good news for me is that what I will pay in premiums remains roughly the same. The extra 30% will be subsidized by the taxpayers.
    The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
    -Albert Camus

Away for a while.

50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 5.0%

Thanks
    There are several versions of California. Living in Coastal California is very different than living in the Central Valley, the High Desert, or the Sierras.

Less than half of the people in this state are middle class. One quarter are poor. The rest are wealthy to some extent. The middle class is being squeezed out of existence. In time there will be two classes, i.e., gentry and peasants aka patrons y peons. Just like Latin America.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Albert Reincarnated For This Useful Post:

usfan (12-06-2013)

Tagger Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points

Thanks
    Care to back this up with some sources?
    "What a Long Strange Trip It's Been" - The Grateful Dead

Tagger Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Matalese View Post
    Who in the hell keeps lending California money? I know that the tax base is moving out, just like they moved out of Detroit.
    Amazon just opened two new warehouses in the central valley, there have been 6 new silicon valley startups in the last 6 months, and Apple is creating a huge new campus in Cupertino. Hmm... not sure what tax base you are talking about.
    "What a Long Strange Trip It's Been" - The Grateful Dead

Thread Information