User Tag List

Page 1 of 44 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Thoughts about Film

Alumni Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Awards:
    Posting AwardMaster TaggerArm of LawUser with most referrers
    Overall activity: 49.0%

Thanks

Random Thoughts about Film

I was reading some muslim lit last nite. And I ran across the term Nabi, a muslim religious term meaning prophet.... and at some point in the night, I noticed the movie avatar was playing....Navi....the name of the people that inhabited the planet Pandora. I wonder if that is a coincidence? I doubt it. The slight bastardization of the term Nabi to Navi....which actually is pretty much how an arab would pronounce it....wouldn't you say? And the fact that the navi are blue. Remember how we learned in social studies as children that the dye in the robes of Bedouins bled onto the skin of the arabs turning them blue?

Take into account the Conan movies. The queen worshipped the god Dagoth (Dagon) and if I remember correctly Dagon worship is referenced in the bible...evil. Dagon was/is the half man/half fish god of the Philistines.

Willow: Tuatha Danuu. Slightly bastardized into some kind of diety or magic in the bible. Said to be original inhabitants of Celtdom. The number three was important to all Celtic tradition. Gods and goddesses were usually grouped in three or they represent three different aspects of the same deity. that's interesting.

You think these writers make this stuff up. They don't. There is nothing new under the sun....and while some of it is entirely innocent (they think in their own minds), it isn't.

I won't take the time to explain it because I know many of you won't get it anyway...but some of you will.
    Last edited by Calypso Jones; 03-28-2014 at 11:03 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

Rickity Plumber (01-07-2018),Sheldonna (03-04-2014),Tom-Cruise (03-21-2015)

Banned Achievements:
    Social3 months registeredYour first GroupRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassOverdrive
    Overall activity: 52.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    I was reading some muslim lit last nite.
    CJ! Are you thinking of converting! I would never have dreamed it! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    I won't take the time to explain it because I know many of you won't get it anyway....
    That would be me. I don't know what you are talking about, but thanks for posting it. (me is dumb blonde)

Banned Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupOverdriveRecommendation Second ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 14.0%

Thanks
    Pretty sure you're way over-thinking this and they aren't that clever.

Alumni, VIP, Moderator Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteranYour first Group
    Overall activity: 31.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinestro View Post
    Pretty sure you're way over-thinking this and they aren't that clever.
    You racist profiler you.
    "I told you the economy was going to tank under Trump". "Yeah you did. Pre Pandemic". "It was going to tank even without the Pandemic". "Uh-huh. Trumps economy was hitting it out of the park Pre Pandemic." <---My cut and paste time saving signature - for all the doom and gloom predictors who will try to rewrite history.

Senior Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    I would say that the reason for the similarities is that most Hollywood writers are hacks who just take words they hear and use them without knowing the historical and cultural context behind them.
    "What a Long Strange Trip It's Been" - The Grateful Dead

7. The Following User Says Thank You to thedarkdaimon For This Useful Post:

usfan (11-03-2013)

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Thanks
    It's like subliminal information being passed to you in movie theaters. The human eye sees 24 frames a second, but the movies are shot at 30 frames per second, allowing for a few seconds of advertising between various frames with suggestions like "popcorn", or "coke"...to believe they wouldn't want to indoctrinate us from Hollywood is as absurd as their movies.

Banned Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupOverdriveRecommendation Second ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 14.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadianeye View Post
    You racist profiler you.
    ...I don't get it

Alumni Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Awards:

Thanks
    I think they do know what they're doing. Let's face it...Hollywood slebs are crazy, so apparently are the screenwriters. I know the creature designers are, the set designers, the costumers. Edith Head was probably the last sane person in the business and i'm not 100% sure about her. anyway....these story writers/idea people....I bet they're steeped in myth and eastern religion so they have read this stuff....don't understand it no doubt but still...they keep it alive...meaning they keep the evil alive.

okay...so much for that thought. I said it was random.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

DonGlock26 (12-21-2013),Tom-Cruise (03-21-2015)

Alumni Achievements:
    Awards:

Thanks
    so. If the Golden army cannot be destroyed and regenerated itself....why won't the crown that controls the Golden Army regenerate itself? Meaning....SEQUEL.. Anung un Rama will control the Golden Army when the time comes for him to fulfill the prophecy of destroying the earth.

but then perhaps it is Barrack Profane Obama that will destroy the earth.
    Last edited by Calypso Jones; 10-17-2013 at 11:56 PM.

Alumni Achievements:
    Awards:

Thanks
    king Arthur, 2004. Why is Arthur wearing roman armor. Am I supposed to be rooting for Arthur rather than the Saxons? Why is Guinevere wearing Scottish blue body paint and going into battle against big hairy barbarians males? Really? I'm supposed to believe she'd last 10 seconds?

Thread Information