User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789
Results 81 to 86 of 86

Thread: It is time to retake America

  1. #81
    Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveTagger First Class31 days registered
    Awards:
    King of Publishing
    Overall activity: 99.9%

    Oceander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    LIRR
    Posts
    2,608
    Thanks
    4,001
    Thanked: 3,495
    Rep Power
    7349037
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastion View Post
    And to that end I would propose that we've reached the limit of concession. For those to which we've ceded the monopoly of violence to; are embroiled in a civil war of sorts, over whom is to control the people. And the people having ceded the monopoly of violence to another, are just helpless passengers in the back seat of a car headed off of a cliff. This is how it always ends given enough time...
    Ok. That's an entirely different discussion, and one that is worth having.

    Unfortunately, I have to run now, so I won't be able to continue for the time being. Sorry.
    So let us stop talkin' falsely now
    The hour's getting late -- Jimi Hendrix

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Oceander For This Useful Post:

    Bastion (08-02-2020)

  3. #82
    Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 3.0%

    Creepy Uncle Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    477
    Thanks
    125
    Thanked: 596
    Rep Power
    1513985
    Quote Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
    I dunno. What kind of lifestyle did they have in the Soviet Union?

    How was life in East Germany, with the wealthy, prosperous West just one wall away?

    If you choose leisure or lifestyle over liberty, you will have neither.
    Ok how about some practical guidance. What should we do in our daily lives? Sloganism isn't going to solve anything. You have answers or one liners?
    Last edited by Creepy Uncle Joe; 08-02-2020 at 02:37 PM.

  4. #83
    Games People Play Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 49.0%

    JustPassinThru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    New California
    Posts
    61,862
    Thanks
    13,023
    Thanked: 50,904
    Rep Power
    21474904
    Quote Originally Posted by Creepy Uncle Joe View Post
    Ok how about some practical guidance. What should we do in our daily lives? Sloganism isn't going to solve anything. You have answers or one liners?
    I'm doing one-liners? Not hardly. I'm saying, trying to force people who want to be "cared for" by government...trying to force them to be free, does not work.

    It only gets you, the person trying to force freedom...gets you killed.

    I've given the map for the only way those who wish freedom, can have freedom. A separate nation.

    It will have to start with some sort of agreement as to where this place should be. Twenty years ago, a group tried to force the Free State Project through, using New Hampshire. That met with a resounding "meh."

    Once that's understood, those for liberty need move there. Nothing can be done until they're there in numbers - unless a State goes ahead with the start of Secession before you get there. THAT might be risky - they'll be suspicious of outsiders once they announce plans.

    But, once there, and organized...figure out how large you are, and propose a Declaration of Independence.

    And follow through. State and city government continues mostly as normal - less the money handouts.

    Fuddrel officials get ejected or get a noose.

    That isn't so hard. Hard part is, getting others to see that somehow marching in circles and shouting stupid slogans, is not gonna turn Antifa pot-users into loyal Americans, magically.

    It does nothing, except advertise to the Deep State that you're one more problem to be dealt with.

  5. #84
    Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 3.0%

    Creepy Uncle Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    477
    Thanks
    125
    Thanked: 596
    Rep Power
    1513985
    Quote Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
    I'm doing one-liners? Not hardly. I'm saying, trying to force people who want to be "cared for" by government...trying to force them to be free, does not work.

    It only gets you, the person trying to force freedom...gets you killed.

    I've given the map for the only way those who wish freedom, can have freedom. A separate nation.

    It will have to start with some sort of agreement as to where this place should be. Twenty years ago, a group tried to force the Free State Project through, using New Hampshire. That met with a resounding "meh."

    Once that's understood, those for liberty need move there. Nothing can be done until they're there in numbers - unless a State goes ahead with the start of Secession before you get there. THAT might be risky - they'll be suspicious of outsiders once they announce plans.

    But, once there, and organized...figure out how large you are, and propose a Declaration of Independence.

    And follow through. State and city government continues mostly as normal - less the money handouts.

    Fuddrel officials get ejected or get a noose.

    That isn't so hard. Hard part is, getting others to see that somehow marching in circles and shouting stupid slogans, is not gonna turn Antifa pot-users into loyal Americans, magically.

    It does nothing, except advertise to the Deep State that you're one more problem to be dealt with.
    Ok sounds good. Where do you have in mind for geography? How do you get it going? How do you deal with the feds? The utopia sounds great the road to it sounds troublesome. 100% agree changing peoples minds is a lost cause. They need to learn the hard way. How does the divorce actually work and where?
    Last edited by Creepy Uncle Joe; 08-02-2020 at 06:37 PM.

  6. #85
    Games People Play Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 49.0%

    JustPassinThru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    New California
    Posts
    61,862
    Thanks
    13,023
    Thanked: 50,904
    Rep Power
    21474904
    Quote Originally Posted by Creepy Uncle Joe View Post
    Ok sounds good. Where do you have in mind for geography? How do you get it going? How do you deal with the feds? The utopia sounds great the road to it sounds troublesome. 100% agree changing peoples minds is a lost cause. They need to learn the hard way. How does the divorce actually work and where?
    I don't get to pick the geography. The Free State Project picked New Hampster, and it was a source of mockery.

    This will have to happen organically. It's one more reason the obamabots are so eager to destroy suburbia and remove rural folk. Those are their danger.

    How do they deal with the Feds? They write, or re-write, and sign a Declaration of Independence. They fortify state borders, or others if it seems more strategic. And then they wait.

    Are the Army sons of Nebraska and Iowa, going to bring arms against Nebraska and Iowa? Most of them will not. They will variously sabotage the effort or openly refuse to participate.

    Will the sons of New York and California bring arms up? Sure they will. The few that are in. People in Gnu Yuck don't go into the military. Not from the urban sumps, anyway. Likewise Calistan. The backbone of the US Military Forces, is out of the States that would declare independence.

    Fighting would be on their home turf. A defensive war - preserve those borders, at all costs.

    What are they going to do, strafe cornfields? Yeah, a few bombs might hurt oilfields. Bomb the Blue Cities in Red States? Counterproductive. And a waste of manpower.

    Free citizens, who value freedom, who have land, who have prospered through imagination and action...can figure out how to make sophisticated IEDs and field-engineered antiaircraft weapons.

    Troublesome? It sure is. People will die. More people will go hungry.

    How troublesome is a house-by-house civil war? French-Revolution troublesome? Mogadishu troublesome? And what comes of chaotic civil wars without strategy or delineated territories? Lebanon comes of it - fifty years ago it was Christian, developed, and almost as pleasant as Israel. Today it's one more Moslem sump.

    France revolted against the king and nobility; and out of it they got a strongman warlord - Napoleon. And then a return of a Bourbon king. And only a generation later, one more shot at democracy.

    There are no good ideas here. There is only less-bad, more-productive ideas, that give more of what people WANT, with a minimum of violence and destruction.

  7. #86
    Junior Member
    Overall activity: 0%

    American Libertarian Army's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked: 1
    Rep Power
    0

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •