User Tag List

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 81

Thread: Testimony of Answered Prayer

  1. #71
    Alumni Member Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Awards:
    Posting AwardDiscussion EnderMaster TaggerUser with most referrersArm of Law
    Overall activity: 49.0%

    Calypso Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    76,657
    Thanks
    5,560
    Thanked: 86,286
    Rep Power
    0
    Those of us who have been praying and then those of us who have just been hoping for good things have much to be thankful for in this president in spite of what the left says and does. I was just thinking about this early this morning and I decided that with all these good things we need to express our thanks to God. so that is what i'm going to do.

    LORD God, you are awesome. There is no one, nothing like you. You have no beginning, you have no end. There is no one as good as you. You are the father of our savior Jesus Christ whom you sent to earth for the purpose of our salvation. He fulfilled your plans to perfection. God the father, God the son. You deserve all honor and glory and praise and worship. You are perfection and mercy and hope. Your son left a legacy that thrives to this day. He rose on the third day to defeat his enemies. He continued his work for 40 days in front of witnesses. He ascended into heaven in front of witnesses. He sits at your right hand in heaven and he holds all things together. And he will do so until his return and that will happen because it is promised in your word. Your word that is true and as relevant today as it was in the day that you inspired your prophet to write it down. Thank you LORD for your promises that we can rely on.

    LORD you have answered prayer after prayer and we thank you for that. You have protected this president and his family. You have given him wisdom and cunning in dealing with foreign nations and leaders, with foreign and domestic enemies, with politicians on both sides of the aisle. Thank you LORD.

    You have opened Americans' eyes to what is going on. We have seen our media's reputations take hits for untruths they have tried to commit on this president, voters, americans in general and this nation. You say in your word that no weapon forged against your people will prevail and that is what you have done. Their weapons have fallen to ruin and they continue to do so.

    We ask for justice and that Americans will open their eyes to truth and will understand that there is no compromising with untruth.

    We have asked for drought and famine for planned parenthood and you have influenced states to write anti-abortion legislation on their own. Give these states the courage and fortitude to stand by their decisions...and protect their state finances so that those that threaten them with boycotts and lost revenues will not succeed.

    We have prayed for protection for this president from those that want to unseat a legitimately elected president. A president that it was YOUR will to put in the white house because it says in your word that it is you that places leaders in their positions and you that takes them out. We thank you that the untruths of the Mueller report are being uncovered and talked about. And still this president is without blame in what they charge him with. Donald Trump is not a perfect man...but you use imperfect men for your will and your plans. We ask for continued protection and blessings on this president and his family. We ask that you give him rest at night so that he wakes each morning excited about what the day may bring. Let him be invigorated by the presidency and let his fortune, finances and holdings increase many fold as he so generously gives his presidential salary to good causes. Bless his finances now and after he has served his second term in office. And we thank you for that victory beforehand.

    We have asked for supernatural protection for our borders. We have asked for funding and building for a wall and you have provided people who donated their own time and money and through our president's dealings with other nations, they have come to the table in agreement with him.

    We ask for the president to have favor in the eyes of Americans and in the eyes of the world so that his support and his influence grows...and with his approval numbers you have answered that prayer. Give americans favor in President Trump's eyes so that he continues to work toward keeping all his promises.

    In spite of media lies and deception this president continues to do his work and keep his promises. You have answered our prayers in so many ways that it is only right that we acknowledge your goodness and mercy. We see your work LORD, we see your hand in this and we are so grateful.
    We thank you in Jesus' name...the Lord of lords, the King of kings.

    Amen
    Last edited by Calypso Jones; 06-08-2019 at 06:38 PM.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

    JMWinPR (07-25-2019)

  3. #72
    Alumni Member Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Awards:
    Posting AwardDiscussion EnderMaster TaggerUser with most referrersArm of Law
    Overall activity: 49.0%

    Calypso Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    76,657
    Thanks
    5,560
    Thanked: 86,286
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SharetheHedge View Post
    Oh no you didn't! I challenged you guys (on another thread if you remember) when you were calling for people to pray for Trump to win, to state in faith that he would because that's what you were praying for. You all waffled - you couldn't say for sure he would win. You didn't have the faith. Now you've done just what I predicted. When what you are praying for happens, you say God answered prayer. When it doesn't happen, you say I guess it wasn't his will or some other excuse. So nothing that can happen, regarding prayer, can invalidate the claim that there is a God and he hears you because you make the explanation of it "non-falsifiable". If you're going to give God credit for answering a particular prayer, then the only honest way to reason is to blame him for not answering the ones that don't get answered - or at least blame yourselves for not having enough faith or for apparently praying against the will of God.
    God's will WILL be done. I don't blame him when he doesn't answer a prayer the way I want! HE is the Creator. He lives in HEaven and HE DOES what it is He wants. He is NOT our slave! Christians are HIS.
    Last edited by Calypso Jones; 07-25-2019 at 08:25 PM.

  4. #73
    Alumni Member Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Awards:
    Posting AwardDiscussion EnderMaster TaggerUser with most referrersArm of Law
    Overall activity: 49.0%

    Calypso Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    76,657
    Thanks
    5,560
    Thanked: 86,286
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    Not that couple...but. I talked The Captain into taking the Van home and making repairs. I prayed for the right customer and I prayed that the van was working right and that it would be a blessing to the buyer. WVA buyer found us...bought it. I think i'll still pray for that van to be a blessing though. Got almost what we wanted.

    I have a new Escalade. NOT new....but newer. and I love it. THIS is what I wanted.
    well this is a bit of a miracle. The couple that bought our van, the lady contacted me last week. I'd been wondering about them and here it is she's found OUR address and sent us a note. She says they are enjoying the van but she can't find the remote to operate the dvd player. I left it in there but im looking through our electronics to see if I might have picked up the remote by accident. IF I did I hope I can find it. I sent her a note to let her know. Fingers crossed.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

    HawkTheSlayer (10-20-2019),potlatch (04-11-2020)

  6. #74
    Senior Member Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 0%

    DMK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    SW Florida
    Posts
    193
    Thanks
    281
    Thanked: 340
    Rep Power
    3006487
    Quote Originally Posted by SharetheHedge View Post
    Oh no you didn't! I challenged you guys (on another thread if you remember) when you were calling for people to pray for Trump to win, to state in faith that he would because that's what you were praying for. You all waffled - you couldn't say for sure he would win. You didn't have the faith. Now you've done just what I predicted. When what you are praying for happens, you say God answered prayer. When it doesn't happen, you say I guess it wasn't his will or some other excuse. So nothing that can happen, regarding prayer, can invalidate the claim that there is a God and he hears you because you make the explanation of it "non-falsifiable". If you're going to give God credit for answering a particular prayer, then the only honest way to reason is to blame him for not answering the ones that don't get answered - or at least blame yourselves for not having enough faith or for apparently praying against the will of God.
    Hmm, I learned long ago not to pray for what I want but what God wants in my life and for me.

    What I also pray for is help with putting my ego aside and help with working with Him rather than against Him for what I think I know. I pray that He can help me with trusting Him.

    God is not our personal genie in a bottle.

    8 years of Obama gave us Trump. Trump has brought out the worst in the agenda of the leftists and what they would do to this country. A much needed wake up call.

    So, the long game is in play. Not what we want right now.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DMK For This Useful Post:

    drifter106 (03-23-2020),HawkTheSlayer (10-20-2019)

  8. #75
    Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassSocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive1 year registered
    Overall activity: 99.4%

    Molly Pitcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Lansing, KS
    Posts
    13,048
    Thanks
    28,318
    Thanked: 23,566
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SharetheHedge View Post
    Oh no you didn't! I challenged you guys (on another thread if you remember) when you were calling for people to pray for Trump to win, to state in faith that he would because that's what you were praying for. You all waffled - you couldn't say for sure he would win. You didn't have the faith. Now you've done just what I predicted. When what you are praying for happens, you say God answered prayer. When it doesn't happen, you say I guess it wasn't his will or some other excuse. So nothing that can happen, regarding prayer, can invalidate the claim that there is a God and he hears you because you make the explanation of it "non-falsifiable". If you're going to give God credit for answering a particular prayer, then the only honest way to reason is to blame him for not answering the ones that don't get answered - or at least blame yourselves for not having enough faith or for apparently praying against the will of God.
    Get over yourself. In the big picture your significance is: .


    The Seed of Faith

    In one of the most widely known Scriptures, Matthew 17:20, Jesus said,

    “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”

    But, what does it mean to have faith like a grain of mustard seed?

    The mustard seed is one of the tiniest, most insignificant seeds found in the Middle East. A fast-growing annual herb, the mustard seed grows up to 10 feet tall in just a few short months, demonstrating the striking example of the potential of a small, insignificant seed.

    The seed in this parable grew into a big, strong tree, much like the way in which Christianity began, eventually growing into a huge kingdom that encompassed the world and traversed centuries of generations.

    The same can be said for faith.

    Where there is a tiny bit of faith, it can grow to immense proportions, spreading its influence far and wide and benefiting those who it comes into contact with.

    A seed does nothing until it is planted.

    After that, it can overcome obstacles and even move rocks through its continuous expansion and growth.

    Seeds are persistent, and they never give up.

    Where there is faith, there is a way.
    Last edited by Molly Pitcher; 04-11-2020 at 11:36 AM.

  9. #76
    Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassSocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive1 year registered
    Overall activity: 99.4%

    Molly Pitcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Lansing, KS
    Posts
    13,048
    Thanks
    28,318
    Thanked: 23,566
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    We have been given a gift - the POTUS, Senate, House and soon the SCOTUS.
    It is not time to stop our prayers but time to pray even more for the hearts and minds and souls of those in America who have lost their way. Our battle is just beginning, but this time we had Divine help. Praise the Lord for that.

    I'm praying that RBG passes real soon so that Trump can replace her!

    (oops! Did I just say that?)

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Molly Pitcher For This Useful Post:

    Jen (04-11-2020)

  11. #77
    Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassSocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive1 year registered
    Overall activity: 99.4%

    Molly Pitcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Lansing, KS
    Posts
    13,048
    Thanks
    28,318
    Thanked: 23,566
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    It is impossible to know the exact Will of God. I pray (and I believe I'm not alone in that) for what I see to be the right thing........and add "Thy will be done" because what I want to happen is beyond my understanding. God places leaders of the nations. He doesn't make mistakes. I trust that.
    BUT, sometimes He answers our prayers the way we asked to prove we don't always know what's right for us. Now mind you....I did not pray for this, but it's a great example of how He knows better what's good for us than we do sometimes. I remember when I was a kid and mom was baking something. I remember that wonderful aroma when she opened the bottle of vanilla. I thought it just HAD to taste as good as it smelled and asked for a taste. She said no, you won't like it. I kept asking, and she kept saying it doesn't taste as good as it smells. I kept BEGGING for a taste, and she finally gave it to me. MORAL: Mom is usually right, God is ALWAYS right ;o))

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Molly Pitcher For This Useful Post:

    Jen (04-11-2020)

  13. #78
    Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassSocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive1 year registered
    Overall activity: 99.4%

    Molly Pitcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Lansing, KS
    Posts
    13,048
    Thanks
    28,318
    Thanked: 23,566
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    there are ways to pray and i'll start a topic on this because you are so right @Jen We cannot stop now. Now we need to pray more than ever.

    this will be part of it:
    http://www.ministrysamples.org/excer...SISTENTLY.HTML



    Many times our prayers are ineffective because we are too general; we must pray in a specific way. We may pray, “Lord get many people saved.’’ The Lord does not know which one you desire to get saved. Sometimes we may pray, “Lord get my friend, John, saved.’’ That is better. We can pray more specifically, by saying, “Lord, let me see my friend, John, today at lunch so that I may tell him about the mystery of human life. Lord, prepare him to receive the gospel.’’ This is very specific. You included the person, the time, the message, and what you want the Lord to accomplish. The Lord hears your specific request and accomplishes the work according to your petition.
    We also need to persist in our prayer. What do you do, if after your specific prayer you did not meet your friend, John? It seems that the Lord did not answer your prayer. Eph. 6:18 says that we should persevere in prayer. We need to continue to pray. The Lord may reveal to you that you took a pencil from John last year and never repaid him. After you have repented to the Lord and repaid John, the Lord will answer your prayer. If you do not repent, you will waste your time preaching to John, because he will not listen to your message. After your confession and restitution, he will be very open to receive your gospel. So we must persist in prayer until all the barriers are removed in order for the Lord to work.VII. PRAY AT SET TIMES AND ALL THE TIME

    We all know the verse, 1 Thes. 5:17, “Unceasingly pray.’’ How many of us pray unceasingly? We need set times of prayer everyday so that we will be strong in spirit to pray unceasingly. Daniel told us that he prayed three times a day, kneeling down before God (Dan. 6:10). David prayed in the evening, morning, and at noon (Psa. 55:17). Peter and John went to pray at the hour of prayer (Acts 3:1). These brothers had set times to pray; we also need to set aside time to pray individually and corporately if we are to mean business with the Lord. It is not too much to pray three times by yourself and one time with others on a daily basis. We love Him, and we want Him to accomplish His hearts desire; therefore, we must pray at set times and all the time.
    AMEN! I'll never forget my lesson (luckily not TOO harshly) of limiting our prayers. I was 19, working security for Wells Fargo down at Kemper Arena the night of the big flood of 1977. On my way home at 2:00AM, I crossed over some splintered wood, thinking it was a tree limb that had dropped off and been run over numerous times. Turned out, it had been a road block to prevent people from going on down the hill by the Mission Hills Country Club and Golf Course. I got to the bottom of the hill and found myself up to the headlights in water. I remember praying, PLEASE, God, just let me get out of this water, and then the engine can die. I started going up the next hill, my car no sooner cleared the water, and BAM! the engine died. I didn't think too much of it at the time, afterall, I got EXACTLY what I asked for. But the next day, I was talking about it to dad, they had stayed up late waiting for me, concerned about all the flooding and people who had been washed off the road, etc. And as I was telling him about my prayer, all of a sudden it hit me.... I SHOULD have prayed for God to get me on home safely, instead of just asking for my car to clear the water. Then, I wouldn't have had to sit there for about a half hour waiting for the engine to dry out.

    That's only one of the many prayers I've had where I got an IMMEDIATE answer...
    Last edited by Molly Pitcher; 04-11-2020 at 11:55 AM.

  14. #79
    Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 62.0%

    Jen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    23,752
    Thanks
    19,892
    Thanked: 32,942
    Rep Power
    21474865
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly Pitcher View Post
    BUT, sometimes He answers our prayers the way we asked to prove we don't always know what's right for us. Now mind you....I did not pray for this, but it's a great example of how He knows better what's good for us than we do sometimes. I remember when I was a kid and mom was baking something. I remember that wonderful aroma when she opened the bottle of vanilla. I thought it just HAD to taste as good as it smelled and asked for a taste. She said no, you won't like it. I kept asking, and she kept saying it doesn't taste as good as it smells. I kept BEGGING for a taste, and she finally gave it to me. MORAL: Mom is usually right, God is ALWAYS right ;o))
    And that is exactly why I say for His will to be done.




  15. #80
    Alumni Member and VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Your first GroupSocial50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 35.0%

    Knightkore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Timey-Wimey Wibbly-Wobbly Blue Box Thingy
    Posts
    36,879
    Thanks
    108,857
    Thanked: 38,086
    Rep Power
    21474877
    Thing is we KNOW His will. His will is told us in the Bible. He has not left us without wisdom on that.

    And it is pretty clear. For those who have ears to hear.
    "Everyone's always trying to leave Jesus out, which is one reason we're in the mess we're in." - Miss Clara

    Captain Cold
    : Make the plan, Execute the plan, Expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.

    Kenneth Copeland: "Sometimes you can tell what something is by what it isn't."

    "So there you go, you're the retarded offspring of five monkeys having butt sex with a fish squirrel, congratulations." Mr. Garrison


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •