User Tag List

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Talk

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entryVeteranSocial
    Overall activity: 8.0%

Thanks
    Before you give it to your son, have the gunsmith file off the front sight and refinish it. That way it won't hurt as much when the bear grabs the gun and shoves it where the sun don't shine.

Alumni Member Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranOverdrive
    Overall activity: 19.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Toefoot View Post
    Useless serves no purpose fun gun? You know, the kinda gun you love but never show your friends or take to the range and when you take it out at night and if caught with it you say it belongs to your poor grandma as you throw her under the bus.

I have 2 that I will not depart with.
    I would put the double badger, O/U with 22lr on top, & 410 below as one of these. it is very cool, though, & seems like it would be a great survival firearm.

Then would be the Taurus Judge. 6 1/2" bbl, can handle 410 magnum, 45colt, & 45acp with moon clips. Fun, but not something i would grab in most situations. ..would probably make another good survival gun.

I like both of these guns, but do not consider them to be 'prizes' in my collection. So i'll go with that.
    I am used to men who mock and scorn things beyond their comprehension. ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1749-1832

They may let terrorists kill us, but they will not let Patriots free us.

SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranOverdrive

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinnity View Post
    Special Sticky thread just for chatting about guns, ammo, and buying/selling.
    We had one like this awhile back.. it was never stickied, but it went on for a year or so. Then Max bailed on us, & it could not sustain itself.

Gun Talk - Gotta gun? Let's talk!!
    I am used to men who mock and scorn things beyond their comprehension. ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1749-1832

Thanks
    Speaking of Gun Forums.. i've been in many specific as well as general ones over the years. They are very similar to political forums, with a wide range of moderators. Some are very skittish.. won't let any disagreements take place. Others seem to breed the Omnipotent Expert.. especially among reloaders. I've dropped into Glock Talk from time to time, but never spent much time there. I've been on The High Road for many years, but don't contribute a lot. Some shotgun forums, & others, too. I guess i can't get any momentum in talking about a certain gun every day. I get the 'questions' aspect of firearm forums, but don't see the draw, if you forgive the pun, unless you're a daily gunny.

..anyway, just rambling incoherence from me..

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to usfan For This Useful Post:

DonGlock26 (01-19-2016),Toefoot (01-18-2016)

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by usfan View Post
    We had one like this awhile back.. it was never stickied, but it went on for a year or so. Then Max bailed on us, & it could not sustain itself.

Gun Talk - Gotta gun? Let's talk!!
    Shame, sportsmen want to talk, share and educate each other but I am finding many have lost most firearms on a boat accident. The climate and culture is against us with the over reach of government and websites.

Who can trust who? All the weapons forums and data mining leaves most to think am I next?
    Come on you target for faraway laughter, Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine..

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Toefoot For This Useful Post:

Kodiak (01-18-2016)

V.I.P. Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 8.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by miketx View Post
    Get help!
    Why?

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 51.0%

Thanks
    Why not! Send those guns to me!!!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Toefoot View Post
    Shame, sportsmen want to talk, share and educate each other but I am finding many have lost most firearms on a boat accident. The climate and culture is against us with the over reach of government and websites.

Who can trust who? All the weapons forums and data mining leaves most to think am I next?
    I am fortunate to be one of the last free Americans on earth. As such, i do not fear the govt, but expect them to fear me. I know they don't, but this is my attitude. I do not hide my gun hobby, or apologize for it, or act like it is something shady or wrong in some way. I talk about my guns freely, without fear, & don't mind providing details about my usage, handling, or models of firearms.

IF the nation continues to decline, I may adapt, some, but for now, i expect to be on the front lines of any resistance, anyway. I will not be a guerrilla fighter, but will be visible, adamant, & defiant about my rights, & those of my countrymen. That is not the main reason for my firearm hobby, but it may prove more useful as the situation worsens.

I also believe that the more visible & defiant that we are as Americans, the more likely the mealy mouthed progressives will back down, especially in the fact of Truth & American principles.

Anyway, that is my perspective, & i certainly understand the opposite view, that of revealing little about personal gun ownership online. I do not fault anyone for doing that, & both strategies are probably necessary.

I don't really 'trust' anyone, but neither do i fear them. I have nothing to hide, & have done nothing illegal, so will be open about my hunting, shooting, or skeet hobbies, & the firearms & ammo used in them. I completely understand why some are reluctant to mention their guns in an open forum.. probably a good idea in the long run. If there would be a major gun grab by the feds, i would be a visible target. I get it that some don't want to risk that. But i am not only risking their PC disfavor, i am brazenly taunting them. They have no power over me, & i will not submit to their tyranny.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to usfan For This Useful Post:

BengalBacker (01-19-2016),FirstGenCanadian (01-28-2016),Toefoot (01-19-2016)

Pro2A Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer View Post
    Believe it or not I am content with what I have. I have all of my bases covered from home defense to hunting and rioting in the streets to all out war.

I pray that hunting and the range (got one at home) are the most I ever need.

I have more than I'll ever need but I'll never have all that I want.
    NRA member - GOA member
    Cruz 2016!
    I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!
    She's not a girl who misses much

Pro2A Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by usfan View Post
    I am fortunate to be one of the last free Americans on earth. As such, i do not fear the govt, but expect them to fear me. I know they don't, but this is my attitude. I do not hide my gun hobby, or apologize for it, or act like it is something shady or wrong in some way. I talk about my guns freely, without fear, & don't mind providing details about my usage, handling, or models of firearms.

IF the nation continues to decline, I may adapt, some, but for now, i expect to be on the front lines of any resistance, anyway. I will not be a guerrilla fighter, but will be visible, adamant, & defiant about my rights, & those of my countrymen. That is not the main reason for my firearm hobby, but it may prove more useful as the situation worsens.

I also believe that the more visible & defiant that we are as Americans, the more likely the mealy mouthed progressives will back down, especially in the fact of Truth & American principles.

Anyway, that is my perspective, & i certainly understand the opposite view, that of revealing little about personal gun ownership online. I do not fault anyone for doing that, & both strategies are probably necessary.

I don't really 'trust' anyone, but neither do i fear them. I have nothing to hide, & have done nothing illegal, so will be open about my hunting, shooting, or skeet hobbies, & the firearms & ammo used in them. I completely understand why some are reluctant to mention their guns in an open forum.. probably a good idea in the long run. If there would be a major gun grab by the feds, i would be a visible target. I get it that some don't want to risk that. But i am not only risking their PC disfavor, i am brazenly taunting them. They have no power over me, & i will not submit to their tyranny.
    Well said. I have never posted, or done anything that wasn't compatible with, and in support of the Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land. If it ever isn't, give me liberty, or give me death.
    NRA member - GOA member
    Cruz 2016!
    I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!
    She's not a girl who misses much

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BengalBacker For This Useful Post:

FirstGenCanadian (01-28-2016),Old Ridge Runner (01-19-2016),usfan (01-19-2016)

Thread Information