User Tag List

Thread: Forgotten wisdom of the Founders and the Constitution

Alumni Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 6.0%

Thanks

Forgotten wisdom of the Founders and the Constitution

We often talk about Constitutional rights, as we should. Simple straight forward, clear statements have been interpreted to not mean what they say.
    Perhaps it's that modern day politicians and activist judges talk in doublespeak so often that they simply cannot believe the Founders simply wrote what they meant?

However, we seldom discuss the practical wisdom of the Constitution.

Everything the feds are involved with which they are not supposed to be, adds needless delays and inefficiency to the process.
    For example, you pay $100.00 to the state in taxes earmarked for affordable housing to your state.
    But you also pay $100.00 in taxes to the feds for the same purpose.
    The state money goes to work more quickly and with less baggage.
    The federal money then comes back to your state (if you are lucky) after a period of costly time with unfunded mandates. All of which means less dollars get to the people you are trying to help along with more federal interference.
    Under the original Constitution this did not happen
    A whole, level of unnecessary, meddling, time consuming bureaucracy. And the founders banned it. But in 1913, when the death warrant of the Republic was issued, the 16th amendment was ratified, possibly illegally and the states and the people lost rights and money. They then added the 17th, which was almost as bad.

I'd love to know the percentage of your tax dollars that actually gets to the people, overall and in both examples, but I imagine those numbers are buried

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

Joe (03-27-2024),Old Ridge Runner (03-27-2024)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 14.0%

Thanks
    Ah the theft document. 16

I truly wonder why anyone would choose to let a group of people decide how much of their own money they could keep.
    Last edited by 12icer; 03-27-2024 at 08:32 AM.
    Without freedom there is no life, I will not be ruled by any man!! THERE IS ONLY ONE KING

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 12icer For This Useful Post:

donttread (03-29-2024),Old Ridge Runner (03-27-2024)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Overall activity: 48.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    When I lived in Colorado the property taxes were being raised frequently by raising the tax rate so there was a charter amendment that passed by a vote of the people that said the property tax rate couldn't be raised without a vote of the people. Problem solved. Except the value of properties suddenly started increasing a lot so your property tax shot up while the tax rate remained constant. They had a dozen ways to prevent you from appealing but if you actually appealed you weren't likely to prevail.

If we did away with income tax we'd still have Civil Seizure, wouldn't we? Nevada changed their laws so Civil Seizure requires a crime so the police in Nevada seize your money under federal laws.
    Last edited by patrickt; 03-27-2024 at 08:52 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to patrickt For This Useful Post:

Old Ridge Runner (03-27-2024)

Alumni Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 57.0%

Thanks
    As to: How much comes back...

Right now I will bet "the people" (Including cronies and Illegals) get about $2 for every $1 of tax, after they wastes the other $2. Three of which are printed money as debt!
    Who made Who!?

Thread Information