User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another win for...

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Overall activity: 66.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by What'sThat? View Post
    in the meantime....Arizona's new Dem Gov is in the process of ending school choice
    No, she's announced she wants school choice ended. Unlike having a king like Biden, she can't end a program passed by the legislature. So, she's going to try to get the legislature to change the law.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to patrickt For This Useful Post:

dinosaur (01-25-2023)

Leftists are scum Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassSocial
    Overall activity: 78.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    I suspect you rarely look.
    Classic.

Yellow Dog Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 52.0%

Thanks
    I can see the private school parents becoming a little upset when the unwashed kids start showing up in Chase and Brittany's classrooms.

50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by d0gbreath View Post
    I can see the private school parents becoming a little upset when the unwashed kids start showing up in Chase and Brittany's classrooms.
    Do you think parents who care enough to pull their kids out of public school and get them to private or charter or parochial schools don't bathe their kids? When I was growing up in the South I saw black kids going to school dressed to the nines and I know they heard what I heard when I got home. "You get out of them school clothes right this minute."

I've seen videos of black parents in Democrat cities attending lottery drawings and crying when their kids didn't get into a decent school. And you want to make fun of them.

I think the people you're thinking of are the assholes who want the cash to buy drugs so they "home school" their kids for the money.
    Last edited by patrickt; 01-25-2023 at 12:13 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to patrickt For This Useful Post:

East of the Beast (01-26-2023)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 32.0%

Thanks
    No, she's announced she wants school choice ended. Unlike having a king like Biden, she can't end a program passed by the legislature. So, she's going to try to get the legislature to change the law.
    The wheels are in motion.......she didnt waste much time...... and it doesnt take a King...or Queen

Arizona Governor’s Plan To Undo Nation’s Largest School Choice Program

Arizona Governor’s Plan To Undo Nation’s Largest School Choice Program Will Harm Students, Advocates Say | The Daily Caller

Yellow Dog Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 52.0%

Thanks
    Do you think parents who care enough to pull their kids out of public school and get them to private or charter or parochial schools don't bathe their kids? When I was growing up in the South I saw black kids going to school dressed to the nines and I know they heard what I heard when I got home. "You get out of them school clothes right this minute."

I've seen videos of black parents in Democrat cities attending lottery drawings and crying when their kids didn't get into a decent school. And you want to make fun of them.

I think the people you're thinking of are the leftover hippies who want the cash to buy drugs so they "home school" their kids for the money.
    "Unwashed" is simply a term used to denigrate those people who aren't in the elite circles.

But you knew that.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to d0gbreath For This Useful Post:

Mr. Claws (01-26-2023)

Free-Thinker Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 35.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by What'sThat? View Post
    The wheels are in motion.......she didnt waste much time...... and it doesnt take a King...or Queen

Arizona Governor’s Plan To Undo Nation’s Largest School Choice Program

Arizona Governor’s Plan To Undo Nation’s Largest School Choice Program Will Harm Students, Advocates Say | The Daily Caller
    Yet another reason for conservatives to move their families out of Arizona.

Veteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 70.0%

Thanks
    What you described are already publicly funded schools. They're called public schools.
    At least now, by theory, taxpayers have a say in how the school is run and what it teaches.
    Bonum est Deus.

Awards:
    Discussion Ender

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by d0gbreath View Post
    "Unwashed" is simply a term used to denigrate those people who aren't in the elite circles.

But you knew that.
    Really? I thought you were simply referring to those not in your circles. The elites have their kids in private schools that the voucher programs can't come close to paying for.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to patrickt For This Useful Post:

d0gbreath (01-26-2023)

Awards:
    Discussion Ender

Thanks
    "Arizona's newly sworn-in governor has repeatedly said that she wants to reverse the state's expansion of its school-choice program, arguing that Arizona should instead increase funding to public schools. But the program seems safe for now."
    Gov. Hobbs Wants To Repeal Arizonas School Choice Expansion

Arizona's House of Representives is controlled by Republicans who have stated they will not pass a budget bill that eliminates funding for the school choice program. That made save the governor in office with a fraudulent election because in a recent poll, 67% of Arizona citizens favor school choice and 77% of parents favor school choice.

This column mentions other states that have school choice such as W. Virginia, Tennessee, and others and states working to get school choice such as Texas and Utah but I realize that those who are inclined to surrender and whimper don't dare see a chance for success. Sadly, for them, the momentum is in favor of more states with school choice.
    Last edited by patrickt; 01-26-2023 at 07:28 AM.

Thread Information