User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: California is getting so much snow that ski resorts are closing and it's rivers are

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 18.0%

Thanks

California is getting so much snow that ski resorts are closing and it's rivers are

doing a lot of damage as they flood. Calif is 30-60 years behind in building any storage for flood waters...they all just run off into the ocean. It has been having drought conditions in the summer with farm production being hit hard. The radicals will say this winters water problems and the draught are caused by "global warming" but as they do that they do nothing to help Calif get through both droughts and too much water.
    Even those living in cities, that have had water problems, should start to wake up...when we have lots of water it needs to be stored for use when needed.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to goodpen For This Useful Post:

Brat (01-12-2023),dinosaur (01-11-2023),Lone Gunman (01-11-2023),zeke501 (01-12-2023)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 17.0%

Thanks
    Don't care if every drop flows out to sea. They set their priorities & followed them. They have screwed themselves so often that is IS funny. I do wish one thing though. I'd like to hear that everyone in Hollywood lost their houses to fire because of a water shortage. Then they could become liberal martyrs.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Old Tex For This Useful Post:

dinosaur (01-11-2023),Lone Gunman (01-11-2023)

Alumni Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveSocialVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 82.0%

Thanks
    We lived there in '97 when a similar thing happened as is now. It snowed like hell in December, then the Pineapple Express warm rains came from Hawaii and melted the snowpack in the Sierras and the flooding was on. We have friends that lived outside Placerville with the Cosumnes River in their back yard. They got close to losing their house, but ended up being able to repair the damage.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kodiak For This Useful Post:

dinosaur (01-11-2023),Lone Gunman (01-11-2023),Old Tex (01-11-2023)

Senior Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Thanks
    It's because of global warming, err global cooling..... I mean it's Trump's fault. That's it.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MedicineBow For This Useful Post:

Abbey (01-20-2023),dinosaur (01-11-2023),Kurmugeon (01-11-2023),Lone Gunman (01-11-2023),Old Tex (01-11-2023)

Alumni Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First ClassSocial
    Overall activity: 84.0%

Thanks
    I sure don't want to see anyone lose their homes, even if they are liberal progressive elites! Even if it was a trailer home, losing a home is no fun. Mother Nature can be a mean assed bitch sometimes.

If there are things they can/should be doing to mitigate the risks, I hope they get a wake up call and jump out of bed and get on it! Last I heard, the country went into some serious debt funding "infrastructure". If CAs idea of "infrastructure" is safe houses for drug injections, well, they are gonna suffer.

I loathe seeing Mr Newsom and his sanctimonious campaign speeches seemingly every week. I mean, geesh, he's done such a good job in CA, why would we not want him running the whole country? Have Californians started another recall petition yet? Please, keep Mr Newsom busy on defense!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dinosaur For This Useful Post:

Kodiak (01-11-2023),zeke501 (01-12-2023)

Alumni Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveSocialVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 82.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
    I sure don't want to see anyone lose their homes, even if they are liberal progressive elites! Even if it was a trailer home, losing a home is no fun. Mother Nature can be a mean assed bitch sometimes.

If there are things they can/should be doing to mitigate the risks, I hope they get a wake up call and jump out of bed and get on it! Last I heard, the country went into some serious debt funding "infrastructure". If CAs idea of "infrastructure" is safe houses for drug injections, well, they are gonna suffer.

I loathe seeing Mr Newsom and his sanctimonious campaign speeches seemingly every week. I mean, geesh, he's done such a good job in CA, why would we not want him running the whole country? Have Californians started another recall petition yet? Please, keep Mr Newsom busy on defense!
    AFAIK, they haven't done squat to help with the water storage problem since the Oroville Dam overflow broke in 2017.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kodiak For This Useful Post:

Abbey (01-20-2023),dinosaur (01-11-2023)

Alumni Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First ClassSocial
    Overall activity: 84.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    AFAIK, they haven't done squat to help with the water storage problem since the Oroville Dam overflow broke in 2017.
    Did they at least put a permanent fix in/on the Oroville Dam? Or did they stop with a band aid patch and wait for the snail darters to reach some critical population level? Maybe Newsom will personally get involved to improver their survival chances. After all, he's slimy and smells fishy.

Alumni Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 64.0%

Thanks
    Ummmmm ... while Enviros and Dems pretty much shut down new dam projects in the 1970s, there are multiple dams on many California rivers and creeks. So no, the rain water and snow melt doesn't just run off straight into the ocean or SF Bay. Ever heard of Lake Shasta, on the Sacramento River? Dam. Remember the Oroville Dam on the Feather River that was endangered in 2017? Yeah, dam. Folsom Dam and Nimbus Dam on the American River near Folsom and Sacramento ... dams.

Ever heard of the Yolo Bypass? It's a large flat area into which water from the Sacramento River can be released, the major weirs for releasing water having been built in 1916 and 1929. Upstream from the Yolo Bypass is the Sutter bypass.

Moving on to a few creeks, Lake Berryessa is formed by a dam on Putah Creek. Clear Lake is formed by a dam on Cache Creek. Lexington Reservoir and Lake Vasona on Los Gatos Creek are behind dams. San Pablo Reservoir is on San Pablo Creek behind the San Pablo Dam.

Obviously I could go on and on and ... if I resorted to a search engine. So, no, California rain and snowpack does not "all just run off into the ocean". !
    Last edited by Traddles; 01-11-2023 at 06:28 PM.
    Anti-Covid-Vaxxer pig crap claim/prediction, Doctor: Heart Failure from mRNA Jabs "Will Kill Most People" | Principia Scientific Intl. ; Dr. Geert Vanden Bossche Warns COVID-19 Jab Injuries and Deaths Will Soon "Collapse Our Health System" (VIDEO) ; Fully Vaxxed May 2021; Since that time I've done 11 5Ks, 1 8K, 8 10Ks, and 4 half marathons

Not Democommie nor Pharma-Shill nor Vaccine Evangelist nor even hacker. Just little old me, Traddles.

Alumni Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 64.0%

Thanks
    Like in Colorado or Arizona or ???, California ski resorts and nearby highways shut down during heavy storms, for safety, obviously. A consequence of the current series of storms that may be less obvious is that some ski slopes in the Sierras are likely to still be open in July.
    Anti-Covid-Vaxxer pig crap claim/prediction, Doctor: Heart Failure from mRNA Jabs "Will Kill Most People" | Principia Scientific Intl. ; Dr. Geert Vanden Bossche Warns COVID-19 Jab Injuries and Deaths Will Soon "Collapse Our Health System" (VIDEO) ; Fully Vaxxed May 2021; Since that time I've done 11 5Ks, 1 8K, 8 10Ks, and 4 half marathons

Not Democommie nor Pharma-Shill nor Vaccine Evangelist nor even hacker. Just little old me, Traddles.

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 18.0%

Thanks
    Like I posted...30-50 years since any new majr water holding projects in Calif...Populaton increase through those years would seem to require more use of stored water, both for agriculture and other needs. Perhaps they are still trying to "save the salmon".

Thread Information