Overall activity: 76.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Britain will be the first to “boldly go where no one has gone before”
    And to wish to hell it didn't go there.

Somewhere nice Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 68.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Rivers View Post
    We've been this way before.....and, we aren't alone. Our cousins are still out there.
    I’d leave the Shiraz from Chile alone mate.
    Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

Rip Wes.

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 41.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by UKSmartypants View Post
    well thats true, but a lot of these theorems dont have a practical use, but they are used as a stepping stone or building block to other theorems that do.

FLT was solved as a part of a more complex problem to do with what are called elliptical curves, which look like this

Elliptic curves are applicable for encryption, digital signatures, pseudo-random generators and other tasks. They are also used in several integer factorization algorithms that have applications in cryptography, such as Lenstra elliptic-curve factorization.

FLT was used to help solve a long standing intractable problem called the Taniyama–Shimura–Weil conjecture, which wants to know if certain types of Elliptical curves are also Modular Form, and this has a lot to do with the shape of the Universe and whats beyond it.
    ???

Taniyama Shimura was not proven using some sort of FTL concept. The conjecture might be used as a basis for a faster than light hypothesis, but I don't recall ever seeing the proof relying on faster than light ideas.
    Matthew 22:36-40 What is the greatest commandment?
    Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the greatest and most important commandment. The second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself.

Alumni Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocial
    Overall activity: 10.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson2 View Post
    ???

Taniyama Shimura was not proven using some sort of FTL concept. The conjecture might be used as a basis for a faster than light hypothesis, but I don't recall ever seeing the proof relying on faster than light ideas.

Fermets Last Therorem. no one was talking about faster than light . Fermets was the special case of a modular form that derived from Taniyama–Shimura–Weil conjecture.
    Last edited by UKSmartypants; 12-01-2022 at 10:13 AM.
    I declare that the entire content and attachments of any and all of my posts are for the purposes of personal entertainment, and that i'm perfectly happy the stuff i post is true. Do I care if you doubt my sources or information?, Not one flying fuck. . That's your prerogative, but not my concern.
    RIP Science Forum
    REMEMBER: Xenophobia Can Save Lives!

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 41.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by UKSmartypants View Post
    Fermets Last Therorem. no one was talking about faster than light . Fermets was the special case of a modular form that derived from Taniyama–Shimura–Weil conjecture.
    LOL understood. I had warp drive on my mind.
    Matthew 22:36-40 What is the greatest commandment?
    Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the greatest and most important commandment. The second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself.

Thread Information