User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 3 Young Men help Very Elderly Couple as Cop Videos

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 13.0%

Thanks
    Thanks. I needed that.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to covfefe saved us For This Useful Post:

potlatch (10-07-2022)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Overall activity: 70.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Physics Hunter View Post
    A moment of light in a dark world!

I don't think so. A friend who lives in a dark world said my view of the world wasn't realistic. I said, "You know, Judy, it's like we're in a huge garden of roses and I'm enjoying the roses and you yell, "Look, look, I found some dog shit. I got over and you're sitting with the dog shit between your legs and you're poking your finger in it, smelling your finger, and saying, the whole garden is dog shit."

Another friend was going on and on about a guy he'd dealt with the day before who seemed to be a real jerk. When I asked how many people he interacted with during the day he said, "Forty or fifty, why?" "And you only remember the jerk."

Whether the world is dark or not depends on two things: what you choose to focus on and whether or not Democrats are in charge.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to patrickt For This Useful Post:

Dr. Felix Birdbiter (10-07-2022)

50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Overall activity: 70.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    I taught a bunch of people how to ride street bikes, including a bunch if chicks. (Hey, they were chicks!)

First rule of Motorcycling: Protect yourself at all times; Everyone is trying to kill you, they don't mean anything malicious by it, but they are.
    Second rule of Motorcycling: See the accident before it happens and DON'T be there.
    Third rule: Most car drivers think their only defensive weapon against accidents is their brakes. On a bike it is Steering, shifting, throttle, then brakes, usually in that order.

So far, so good, but I have had some really close calls...
    And, the two most dangerous times on a motorcycle are when you've just started the engine on your first bike and when you've ridden enough to think you have total control. I'm 81 and have moved from a Harley to a scooter. Scooters are quite different from motorcycles. At about week six I was navigating the Traffic Circle of Death, hit a patch of gravel, and woke up to a taxi driver pulling my scooter out of traffic and a dozen people taking care of me. I rode the scooter home but I had a concussion, some bruised or cracked ribs, and lost some blood.

Now, I never go through the Traffic Circle of Death and I'm a bit more cautious. It's still a hoot. Oh, and a little humor. I cracked my helmet rendering it useless and the next day someone stole it. Aha! Karma's coming, sucker.
    Last edited by patrickt; 10-07-2022 at 08:05 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to patrickt For This Useful Post:

Physics Hunter (10-07-2022)

Truth Seeker, Alumni Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entryOverdrive
    Awards:
    Calendar Award
    Overall activity: 41.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Felix Birdbiter View Post
    I am a good driver as well, but not as good as when I was a Formula One driver for Ferrari

Wait wait. Maybe that was actually that video game I play!

A little story on being a good driver. I was and am a very cautious and good motorcycle rider. I always said the only reason that other car came out on the street today was to run me over and squash me flat. In May of 2009 I was on I-40 in Asheville NC about to leave the interstate when a tractor trailer rig ran over me. I was knocked 165 ft up the highway and was in the hospital for two weeks. I missed being run over by the front wheel by about half a foot. The fact is I NEVER saw the truck. I have no idea where he came from. His company's attorney tried to say at 64 I was too old to know what I was doing and that I had actually changed lanes into him. I was in the process of getting off the interstate at the time and was taking the right lane off ramp and he was to my left so no one could understand how that would have happened.

The point is that you can be the most careful driver in the world but when you encounter that one driver who is out to run you down all bets are off. I believe the worst drivers are those who brag they are good drivers and have never had a ticket etc. I had never had a ticket either but I came within inches of getting a ticket to the Pearly Gates (probably to be turned away but who knows) all because of 1 second of not being aware of what was on my left side on a crowded interstate.
    Laughing at your joke! I wasn't bragging, it's the truth and I've never talked about that before on the forum. I do realize that 'luck' plays into it all.

You are lucky you survived what you went through, REALLY lucky!

V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entryOverdrive
    Awards:
    Calendar Award

Thanks
    A moment of light in a dark world!

It truly is and we need more good news here because we see so much that is bad day after day. It was horrible seeing how weak that old couple was. God Bless those 3 men.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to potlatch For This Useful Post:

Physics Hunter (10-07-2022)

50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 39.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by potlatch View Post
    Laughing at your joke! I wasn't bragging, it's the truth and I've never talked about that before on the forum. I do realize that 'luck' plays into it all.

You are lucky you survived what you went through, REALLY lucky!
    When I got out of the hospital someone told me I should go buy $100.00 worth of lottery tickets
    I am not joe biden and I both understand and approve this message

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Felix Birdbiter For This Useful Post:

potlatch (10-07-2022)

V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Calendar Award

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Felix Birdbiter View Post
    When I got out of the hospital someone told me I should go buy $100.00 worth of lottery tickets
    Maybe you should have, who knows, haha. Strangely, I am sitting here watching HGTV 'My Lottery Dream Home', a show about people who won a LOT of money and are looking to buy a new home.

V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Calendar Award

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by covfefe saved us View Post
    Thanks. I needed that.
    If you're talking about the thread article I think we all need some uplifting articles instead of downers all the time!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to potlatch For This Useful Post:

Dr. Felix Birdbiter (10-07-2022),patrickt (10-09-2022)

50000 Experience PointsSocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 64.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    I don't think so. A friend who lives in a dark world said my view of the world wasn't realistic. I said, "You know, Judy, it's like we're in a huge garden of roses and I'm enjoying the roses and you yell, "Look, look, I found some dog shit. I got over and you're sitting with the dog shit between your legs and you're poking your finger in it, smelling your finger, and saying, the whole garden is dog shit."

Another friend was going on and on about a guy he'd dealt with the day before who seemed to be a real jerk. When I asked how many people he interacted with during the day he said, "Forty or fifty, why?" "And you only remember the jerk."

Whether the world is dark or not depends on two things: what you choose to focus on and whether or not Democrats are in charge.
    At least I'm pointing at the flowers...
    Scientist, Evangelical Christian - reformed, father, entrepreneur, hunter, outdoorsman, motorcyclist, Constitutional Conservative.

Thread Information