User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3 Young Men help Very Elderly Couple as Cop Videos

Truth Seeker, Alumni Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entryOverdrive
    Awards:
    Calendar Award
    Overall activity: 48.0%

Thanks

3 Young Men help Very Elderly Couple as Cop Videos

A Heartwarming story, but these people are too old and incapacitated to be driving and will probably lose their drivers licenses. I hope they have family to help them.

3 Young Men Run To Grab Shaky Elderly Couple As Cop Watches In Awe Of Their Kindness

Rose Griest, 89 at the time, embarked on the long journey back from her doctor's appointment in Orlando, Florida. She and her 100-year-old husband, David, stopped off at a gas station along the way so they could use the bathroom.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/3-young-men-run-to-grab-shaky-elderly-couple-as-cop-watches-in-awe-of-their-kindness/ar-AAXT1XO?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=b9648a10b9a04f878ab9b5b f360467f0

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to potlatch For This Useful Post:

Brat (10-06-2022),d0gbreath (10-07-2022),Dubler9 (10-07-2022),Jen (10-06-2022),Northern Rivers (10-06-2022),old dog (10-06-2022),patrickt (10-06-2022),Rutabaga (10-06-2022)

Alumni Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 16.0%

Thanks
    "The nose, knows"

"Negros were like animals and they turned the streets into jungles”
    joe biden.

T
    rump again 2024
    Do it for your children.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rutabaga For This Useful Post:

Brat (10-06-2022),potlatch (10-06-2022)

V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entryOverdrive
    Awards:
    Calendar Award

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutabaga View Post
    Thank you Ruta. I believe there are good people everywhere but we usually just hear about the 'bad' stuff.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to potlatch For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (10-06-2022),Brat (10-06-2022),Northern Rivers (10-06-2022),patrickt (10-06-2022),Rutabaga (10-07-2022)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 31.0%

Thanks
    Yes, there are hundreds of these folks here in Ocala, clogging the roadway, making left hand turns from the far right lane, sitting through two or more light changes because they forgot what they meant. Their vision is going, their hearing is going, their judgment is shaky. No one wants to give up the freedom driving your own car gives you but at some point you are a hazard to other drivers and should make other arrangement. Before anyone accuses me of being a kid who is mad at old people, I am 78 years old and can definitely see that in 5 years or so I will be a hazard on the road. I have already instructed my daughter to take my keys and hide them when that happens
    I am not joe biden and I both understand and approve this message

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Felix Birdbiter For This Useful Post:

Brat (10-06-2022),potlatch (10-06-2022)

V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Calendar Award

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Felix Birdbiter View Post
    Yes, there are hundreds of these folks here in Ocala, clogging the roadway, making left hand turns from the far right lane, sitting through two or more light changes because they forgot what they meant. Their vision is going, their hearing is going, their judgment is shaky. No one wants to give up the freedom driving your own car gives you but at some point you are a hazard to other drivers and should make other arrangement. Before anyone accuses me of being a kid who is mad at old people, I am 78 years old and can definitely see that in 5 years or so I will be a hazard on the road. I have already instructed my daughter to take my keys and hide them when that happens
    You're right but I guess it's hard for them to cut off a driver's license at a certain age because some people remain alert and competent at later ages. I would say 100yrs is certainly too old, lol.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to potlatch For This Useful Post:

Brat (10-06-2022),Northern Rivers (10-06-2022)

Pork Eating Infidel Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Overall activity: 33.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by potlatch View Post
    Thank you Ruta. I believe there are good people everywhere but we usually just hear about the 'bad' stuff.
    “Of three ordinary people, two must have the same sex.”
    Daniel J. Kleitman

12. The Following User Says Thank You to old dog For This Useful Post:

potlatch (10-06-2022)

Veteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 62.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Felix Birdbiter View Post
    What would you expect? Living in God's waiting room?
    Bonum est Deus.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Freewill For This Useful Post:

Northern Rivers (10-06-2022),potlatch (10-06-2022)

V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Calendar Award

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Freewill View Post
    What would you expect? Living in God's waiting room?
    They're in God's Waiting Room 'wherever they be' when the waiting's done.

50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Overall activity: 52.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Some states requiring annual testing after a certain age. My folks were in Florida and I asked Dad if they had to retest when they got old. "No, they tried to pass a law like that but we stopped them." We being the really old people. So, I told Mom and Dad I would give them a driving test. Dad's ended when he told me he couldn't remember how to start the car. "The neighbors come over and start it for me."

"And what do you do when you're in the bank for an hour?"
    "I leave it running." My first thought was, "Where's a car thief when you need one."

Mom flat refused to take a driving test with me so I told her no more driving and she threw a screaming fit. Dad popped up and said, "I never told my mother she couldn't drive."

I whipped around and said, "You didn't have the balls."
    "Well, we all were afraid of her." He meant her three sons.

@potlatch, I sincerely appreciate you posting this. Too many people only groove on the sick and nasty and if the story doesn't fit their sick view of the world they ignore it.

I have a friend whose son wants my 24-year-old pickup. In a year or two I'll sign it over to him on the condition he drive me the coast each January and come and pick me up.
    Last edited by patrickt; 10-06-2022 at 07:02 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to patrickt For This Useful Post:

potlatch (10-06-2022)

50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 31.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by potlatch View Post
    You're right but I guess it's hard for them to cut off a driver's license at a certain age because some people remain alert and competent at later ages. I would say 100yrs is certainly too old, lol.
    You should have to be retested each year after a certain age. I would say starting about 70. It would not be necessary to take the entire test over again but you should be tested for vision, hearing, cognitive awareness and a modicum of ability to steer the car in traffic. If they could pass the test at 150 years of age more power to them but just as there are those who are too young to drive there are also those who are too old and/or too frail to drive.
    I am not joe biden and I both understand and approve this message

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Felix Birdbiter For This Useful Post:

potlatch (10-06-2022)

Thread Information