User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Powerful Warrior Angels.

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 6.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    If I had seen bigfoot I would believe it is real. I am skeptical about big foot but I don't disbelieve in it.

The rudeness I mentioned is the placement and tone of it, not the question or the skepticism. Of course, placement is a matter of personal opinion (mine in this case). Just an opinion... not any sort of rule or fact. And the tone is always the writer's choice. It is easy to slide into a ... not-so-good tone (I tend to go sarcastic).

What you accept as real and true comes out of your own perception. It has value. You can (believe it or not) be skeptical without calling people who believe in God (or big foot or whatever) "stupid" for believing it. You have every right to ask questions, be skeptical, and not to believe. Your opinions are valid. But I'm not stupid for believing. My perception, experience, and belief is just different from yours. I don't think you are stupid for believing the way you do.

I do believe that we have our brain/ intellectual thinking and we have our conscience (as long as we haven't deadened that). Our conscience is God whether we believe it or not. It is what it is. You can disagree and that's okay.

I hope I'm not coming across as indignant because I'm not feeling that way. Skepticism is normal. I agree with that.

Excellent post, Jen!

"What you accept as real and true comes out of YOUR OWN PERCEPTION" is beautifully stated and is the key!

Most things we all have the same perception of - a house, a car, a telephone pole. We're not going to disagree on believing those are what they seem, but when it comes to the subject of something that we CAN'T prove exists, something that requires FAITH to believe in, that's when very DIFFERENT perceptions arise.

I believe that most people end up having faith in what they WANT to believe (whether or not it is empirically true) - but that may be a different subject....
    "Two possibilities exist - either we are alone in the universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying. (Arthur C. Clarke)

"I do not object to the concept of a deity but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance" (Amy Farrah Fowler)

"Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society." ​(Anon.)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SharetheHedge For This Useful Post:

Jen (10-07-2022),patrickt (10-07-2022)

Senior Member Achievements:
    Created Blog entry50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteranSocial
    Overall activity: 25.0%

Thanks
    Some may feel that it does not matter what we choose to do. To make wise decisions that please God, however, we must consider the laws and principles found in his written Word and comply with them. For instance, to have God’s approval, Prayer will help us to make decisions that relate to Scriptural principles and laws.

Weighty personal decisions can have quite a bearing on our spiritual health and welfare. Every choice we make will likely affect our relationship with Jehovah​—either for good or for bad. A good decision will strengthen our relationship with God, whereas a bad one may damage it. Moreover, a poor decision could injure others spiritually by disturbing, or even stumbling, them or by disrupting the unity of the congregation. Indeed, our personal decisions do matter.​—Read Romans 14:19; Galatians 6:7.

Knowing God's name, and using it is a basic Principal!
    Giving credit where do, it seems only one (?) Christian denomination took God's pronouncements serious; the JW organization, which speaks volumes! (And no i'm not a member of that church)

"That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth." Psalm 83:18, King James Bible

• “I will protect him because he knows my name. He will call on me, and I will answer him.”Ps. 91:14,15
    • Meaning: God, whose name is Jehovah, gives special attention to those who know his name and use it respectfully (Malachi 3:16). By telling us his personal name, God has introduced himself to us. “I am Jehovah. That is my name”Isa. 42:8, ASV

Be mindful, that some versions substitute God and LORD for Jehovah,
    which are Titles not names.
    Because of superstition, some early copyist used these substitutes for fear that they would be 'taking God's name in vain')

Strong's Concordance

Yhvh: the proper name of the God of Israel
    Original Word: יְהוָֹה
    Part of Speech: Proper Name
    Transliteration: Yhvh (Jehovah in English)
    Phonetic Spelling: (yeh-ho-vaw')
    Definition: the proper name of the God of Israel

Note: King James Bible restored the Name of Jehovah 6,972x Old and New Testament
    http://www.dnkjb.net
    Last edited by S-N-A-F-U; 10-08-2022 at 07:24 AM.

Thanks
    duplicate
    Last edited by S-N-A-F-U; 10-08-2022 at 01:01 PM.

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 6.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by S-N-A-F-U View Post
    Some may feel that it does not matter what we choose to do. To make wise decisions that please God, however, we must consider the laws and principles found in his written Word and comply with them. For instance, to have God’s approval, Prayer will help us to make decisions that relate to Scriptural principles and laws.

Weighty personal decisions can have quite a bearing on our spiritual health and welfare. Every choice we make will likely affect our relationship with Jehovah​—either for good or for bad. A good decision will strengthen our relationship with God, whereas a bad one may damage it. Moreover, a poor decision could injure others spiritually by disturbing, or even stumbling, them or by disrupting the unity of the congregation. Indeed, our personal decisions do matter.​—Read Romans 14:19; Galatians 6:7.

Knowing God's name, and using it is a basic Principal!
    Giving credit where do, it seems only one (?) Christian denomination took God's pronouncements serious; the JW organization, which speaks volumes! (And no i'm not a member of that church)

"That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth." Psalm 83:18, King James Bible

• “I will protect him because he knows my name. He will call on me, and I will answer him.”Ps. 91:14,15
    • Meaning: God, whose name is Jehovah, gives special attention to those who know his name and use it respectfully (Malachi 3:16). By telling us his personal name, God has introduced himself to us. “I am Jehovah. That is my name”Isa. 42:8, ASV

Be mindful, that some versions substitute God and LORD for Jehovah,
    which are Titles not names.
    Because of superstition, some early copyist used these substitutes for fear that they would be 'taking God's name in vain')

Strong's Concordance

Yhvh: the proper name of the God of Israel
    Original Word: יְהוָֹה
    Part of Speech: Proper Name
    Transliteration: Yhvh (Jehovah in English)
    Phonetic Spelling: (yeh-ho-vaw')
    Definition: the proper name of the God of Israel

Note: King James Bible restored the Name of Jehovah 6,972x Old and New Testament
    http://www.dnkjb.net

Are you copying articles from Watchtower sources without supplying the reference?

I think you have been doing this for as long as you have been posting. Am I wrong?
    "Two possibilities exist - either we are alone in the universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying. (Arthur C. Clarke)

"I do not object to the concept of a deity but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance" (Amy Farrah Fowler)

"Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society." ​(Anon.)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SharetheHedge View Post
    Are you copying articles from Watchtower sources without supplying the reference?
    I think you have been doing this for as long as you have been posting. Am I wrong?

Enlarging a greater picture, I do take ideas from a variety of sources. However, I always conclude by giving my sources/references from which it originates. BTW, that error in my above post is to read: 'giving credit where due.'
    Last edited by S-N-A-F-U; 10-09-2022 at 10:20 AM.

Thread Information