User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 40 of 40

Thread: Trump sues CNN

  1. #31
    Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 0%

    Ignacio Zaffutz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    70
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked: 36
    Rep Power
    100592
    Quote Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
    You were just proven wrong, yet you're still blathering inanities. Typical progtard.
    No, I’m a realist (and a lawyer). You can’t just complain about CNN and expect to win in court. You have to plead facts sufficient to support a claim of defamation, and Trump’s lawyers have failed to do that.

  2. #32
    Free-Thinking Radical Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 27.0%

    TLSG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Surrounded by idiots
    Posts
    8,030
    Thanks
    1,532
    Thanked: 11,347
    Rep Power
    6527382
    Does Trump need bus fare that bad?

  3. #33
    Cognitive Dissident V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 29.0%

    El Guapo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    11,291
    Thanks
    4,845
    Thanked: 25,053
    Rep Power
    21474852
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignacio Zaffutz View Post
    No, I’m a realist (and a lawyer). You can’t just complain about CNN and expect to win in court. You have to plead facts sufficient to support a claim of defamation, and Trump’s lawyers have failed to do that.
    Have you notified the court that you have already decided the case? Has the press been notified?
    Better get on that.
    Last edited by El Guapo; 10-04-2022 at 01:11 PM.
    “Hello! Goodnight, everybody.”
    — John Fetterman



  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to El Guapo For This Useful Post:

    Hillofbeans (10-04-2022),WVYankee (10-04-2022)

  5. #34
    Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 41.0%

    Hillofbeans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    18,346
    Thanks
    61,987
    Thanked: 29,777
    Rep Power
    21474861
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignacio Zaffutz View Post
    No, I’m a realist (and a lawyer). You can’t just complain about CNN and expect to win in court. You have to plead facts sufficient to support a claim of defamation, and Trump’s lawyers have failed to do that.
    I highly doubt what you just posted, you would know better if true

  6. #35
    Cognitive Dissident V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 29.0%

    El Guapo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    11,291
    Thanks
    4,845
    Thanked: 25,053
    Rep Power
    21474852
    Quote Originally Posted by East of the Beast View Post
    Where did you get your law degree?
    TDSU.
    “Hello! Goodnight, everybody.”
    — John Fetterman



  7. The Following User Says Thank You to El Guapo For This Useful Post:

    Hillofbeans (10-04-2022)

  8. #36
    Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 0%

    Ignacio Zaffutz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    70
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked: 36
    Rep Power
    100592
    Quote Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
    Have you notified the court that you have already decided the case? Has the press been notified?
    Better get on that.
    Hey, like everyone here, I'm just giving my opinion. And, as a purely legal matter, this Trump complaint is an embarrassment.

  9. #37
    Free Bird Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 22.0%

    OldSchool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    12,797
    Thanks
    13,911
    Thanked: 15,223
    Rep Power
    21474855
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignacio Zaffutz View Post
    But you can’t sue them for it.
    When what has been said (in defamation of character) as a fact by a news reporting agency - it certainly should be possible.

  10. #38
    Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 5.0%

    WVYankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    1,618
    Thanks
    4,135
    Thanked: 2,612
    Rep Power
    4800442
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignacio Zaffutz View Post
    Hey, like everyone here, I'm just giving my opinion. And, as a purely legal matter, this Trump complaint is an embarrassment.

    So (already posted) where exactly did you get your "law degree"? Opinions are one thing, but when you start bloviating, you're fair game here. Understand that, "Counselor.'

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WVYankee For This Useful Post:

    Hillofbeans (10-04-2022),Kodiak (10-05-2022)

  12. #39
    Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 5.0%

    WVYankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    1,618
    Thanks
    4,135
    Thanked: 2,612
    Rep Power
    4800442
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignacio Zaffutz View Post
    No, I’m a realist (and a lawyer). You can’t just complain about CNN and expect to win in court. You have to plead facts sufficient to support a claim of defamation, and Trump’s lawyers have failed to do that.

    So, whatever you claim to be, have you any proof of being a "lawyer" or not? Or just some dweeb that has internet access and a keyboard and an agenda? (Third time asked.)
    Last edited by WVYankee; 10-05-2022 at 05:08 PM.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to WVYankee For This Useful Post:

    FNguy (10-05-2022)

  14. #40
    Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 0%

    Ignacio Zaffutz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    70
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked: 36
    Rep Power
    100592
    Quote Originally Posted by WVYankee View Post
    So, whatever you claim to be, have you any proof of being a "lawyer" or not? Or just some dweeb that has internet access and a keyboard and an agenda? (Third time asked.)
    I'm not going to "prove" anything for you. Ignore me, if you like, but I'm just pointing out that defamation only applies to false statements of provable facts and the Trump complaint against CNN doesn't allege any such thing. The cited statements are all matters of opinion.
    Last edited by Ignacio Zaffutz; 10-07-2022 at 08:07 AM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •