User Tag List

Thread: New York judge rules in favor of polyamorous relationships

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 16.0%

Thanks

New York judge rules in favor of polyamorous relationships

It has just begun.

A New York City Eviction Court Judge, Karen May Bacdayan, has concluded that polyamorous relationships are entitled to the same sort of legal protection given to two-person relationships.

Polyamorous relationships are composed of three or more people.

The case involved three individuals. Scott Anderson and Markyus O'Neill lived together in a New York City apartment. Scott Anderson held the lease, but was married to another man, Robert Romano, who lived at another address. After Anderson died, the building's owner contended O'Neill had no right to renew the lease since he was just a "roommate" of Anderson's and not "a non-traditional family member".

New York judge rules in favor of polyamorous relationships - LGBTQ Nation, Greg Owen, October 2, 2022

Some parts of the country, such as New York City, have a law that a landlord renting out an apartment cannot arbitrarily refuse to renew a lease to a renter after the renter has been renting for a year. This applies not only to the renter but also to the person they are married to.
    This is known as "tenant succession rights".

Seems like this sort of legal decision could open up a whole can of worms.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kazenatsu For This Useful Post:

Conservative Libertarian (10-03-2022)

Alumni V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteranSocial
    Overall activity: 47.0%

Thanks
    Freaks, let the word descend into the final days, I cant wait for Jesus to put his holy boot down on all of it, even if that means I got to go too.
    #NEVERAPOLOGIZE (HINT) NEVER never ever ever ever, just dont do it, they wont accept it anyway

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Frankenvoter For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (10-03-2022),Conservative Libertarian (10-03-2022),Hillofbeans (10-03-2022),Mr. Claws (10-03-2022)

50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 99.5%

Thanks
    And sexual "rights" for children is waiting at the gate... bank on it! All we need do is bring back the old life and death colosseum games and the circle will be complete.
    It is by the goodness of God that in our country we have those three unspeakably precious things: freedom of speech, freedom of conscience, and the prudence never to practice either of them. Mark ​Twain

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Claws For This Useful Post:

Conservative Libertarian (10-03-2022)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Overall activity: 69.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenvoter View Post
    Freaks, let the word descend into the final days, I cant wait for Jesus to put his holy boot down on all of it, even if that means I got to go too.
    I'm not worried about Jesus putting his boot down. All the fantastic stories I was fed had him in sandals.

All of this boils down to too much government meddling. If the meddling government says two men can be married and the meddling government say a landlord cannot by law cancel a lease for the lease holder or his spouse then the judge didn't have a choice. Unlike Democrats, I don't think judges should make law from the bench or veto laws from the bench. They interpret the law and make decisions based on the law.

I also think we have way too many laws and the government is involved in matters that are none of their business. Well, since they get wealthy doing it I suppose it is their business but it shouldn't be.
    Last edited by patrickt; 10-03-2022 at 05:12 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to patrickt For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (10-03-2022)

Alumni V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteranSocial
    Overall activity: 47.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    I'm not worried about Jesus putting his boot down. All the fantastic stories I was fed had him in sandals.

All of this boils down to too much government meddling. If the meddling government says two men can be married and the meddling government say a landlord cannot by law cancel a lease for the lease holder or his spouse then the judge didn't have a choice. Unlike Democrats, I don't think judges should make law from the bench or veto laws from the bench. They interpret the law and make decisions based on the law.

I also think we have way too many laws and the government is involved in matters that are none of their business. Well, since they get wealthy doing it I suppose it is their business but it shouldn't be.
    an athiest believing in law and order, good luck with that. I also noted how you corrected my statement to read he always wore sandals, har har har, his holy foot will crush all his enemies.
    #NEVERAPOLOGIZE (HINT) NEVER never ever ever ever, just dont do it, they wont accept it anyway

Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Overall activity: 21.0%

Thanks
    Really? Polyamorous relationships always existed, but before this they didn't need any formal legal recognition.

Thread Information