User Tag List

Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 14171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Putin Suffers Most Humiliating Ukraine Defeat Yet​

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 8.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Rivers View Post
    Having a referendum under the threat of the gun...will never give the area any peace.
    Do you really believe that these provides which are overwhelmingly ethnic Russian, which were part of the Soviet Union until 1991, who overwhelmingly voted for and supported Yanukvych, and who have been terrorized by the Ukrainian government since Feb of 2014, did not vote to join Russia ?
    If an asset that the government can get for nothing capital is essential to producing assets that command prices consumption goods then you would be wise to search for a sleight-of-hand operation.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to squidward For This Useful Post:

East of the Beast (10-06-2022),Knightkore (10-06-2022)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 70.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by squidward View Post
    I wanted the fratboy fucktards that run the country not to keep provoking Russia until it did what it did.

Unfortunately they are a bunch if fratboy fucktards doing the bidding of the oldest moneyed interests in the world.
    Okay then.
    I only vote for Republicans. I do not support Biden. Biden will never be supported by me.
    Damn I miss being energy independent! https://abs-0.twimg.com/emoji/v2/svg/1f6e2.svg

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    This nation has no national interest in Ukraine.
    I heard you the first time you said that.
    I only vote for Republicans. I do not support Biden. Biden will never be supported by me.
    Damn I miss being energy independent! https://abs-0.twimg.com/emoji/v2/svg/1f6e2.svg

Thanks
    There is no vital US intetest
    You are repeating yourself.

Alumni Member Forum Donor Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 57.0%

Thanks
    Cue for some comment about poor slobs and ..... of course .. the children.
    "There is simply no justification or provocation for Russias choice of war. Its an example of one of the oldest of human impulses: using brute force and disinformation to satisfy a craving for absolute power and control."
    Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.
    26 March 2022

"Donald Trump and the MAGA Republicans represent an extremism that threatens the very foundations of our republic."
    01 September 2022

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Call_me_Ishmael For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (10-06-2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Rivers View Post
    Would there even BE refugees if Russia didn't invade? There's that to consider, as well.

I knocked over a can of paint the other day out on the lawn. My kid painted something...and...as I walked by...I didn't see it and it went over. Yes...I knocked it over. Who is really responsible????
    Not sure if you think we don't research and vett what is said here..... thereby allowing falsehoods to go unchallenged. But I do vett and research. So I gotta report that.... your implied assertion is patently and provably false. Refugees started with Obama's coup and the subsequent attack on those who did not go along with the illegal coup.

Some refugees from the Donbas fled to parts of western and central Ukraine, such as Poltava Oblast. Around 2,000 families from the Donbas were reported to have taken refuge in the southern Ukrainian city of Odessa. Other refugees from Luhansk fled to Russia during the week-long ceasefire that was declared 23 June 2014 and in effect until 27 June. As of June 2014, at least 110,000 people had left Ukraine for Russia in the wake of the conflict, according to a United Nations report.
    Humanitarian_situation_during_the_war_in_Donbas

According to the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, as of December 2014, upwards of 430,000 Ukrainians had applied for refugee status or other forms of legal residency in Russia.
    https://www.wilsoncenter.org/article...flee-to-russia

They were not running away from Russia. They were running away from genocide and running to Russia as early as 2014.
    Last edited by Call_me_Ishmael; 10-06-2022 at 05:03 PM.
    "There is simply no justification or provocation for Russias choice of war. Its an example of one of the oldest of human impulses: using brute force and disinformation to satisfy a craving for absolute power and control."
    26 March 2022

"Donald Trump and the MAGA Republicans represent an extremism that threatens the very foundations of our republic."
    01 September 2022

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Call_me_Ishmael For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (10-06-2022),squidward (10-06-2022)

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 8.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    You are repeating yourself.
    There is no vital US intetest and you have yet to demonstrate there is. Opining like Billy Kristol Jr doesn't count soldier

11. The Following User Says Thank You to squidward For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (10-06-2022)

50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 87.0%

Thanks
    Do you really believe that these provides which are overwhelmingly ethnic Russian, which were part of the Soviet Union until 1991, who overwhelmingly voted for and supported Yanukvych, and who have been terrorized by the Ukrainian government since Feb of 2014, did not vote to join Russia ?
    It's Yanukovych. He won by 3.5 percent in 2010.

He campaigned on Ukraine joining the EU, a major campaign issue. Even so those in the east of Ukraine voted strongly for him. Suffice to say, all of Ukraine approved of Ukraine joining th EU.

Days before the date set for signing the agreement to join the EU, he had an unannounced "secret visit" with Putin. As all of Ukraine watched, he announced that Ukraine would not be joining the EU but instead would be joining Russia's economic union.

I mean thousands were literally watching on a big screen in Kyiv's Independence Square, watching in anticipation of the announcement that Ukraine would be joining the EU. They were ready to celebrate.

They instead got this slap in the face. The Maidan Revolution -- peaceful at first -- began shortly thereafter ... as did Putin's shock troops led by ex-Colonel Igor Girkin, AKA Igor Strelkov, begin to spread lies that the Kyiv "nazis" planned to round up Russian speakers and Jews in the Donbas.

Those with limited knowledge of Ukraine accept the bogus issue of Putin "protecting" Russian speakers in Ukraine Russian is spoken throughout Ukraine.

Some protection. He's been bombing the hell out of Russian speakers.
    Last edited by imaginethat; 10-07-2022 at 09:05 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
    It's Yanukovych. He won by 3.5 percent in 2010.

He campaigned on Ukraine joining the EU, a major campaign issue. Even so those in the east of Ukraine voted strongly for him. Suffice to say, all of Ukraine approved of Ukraine joining th EU.

Days before the date set for signing the agreement to join the EU, he had an unannounced "secret visit" with Putin. As all of Ukraine watched, he announced that Ukraine would not be joining the EU but instead would be joining Russia's economic union.

I mean thousands were literally watching on a big screen in Kyiv's Independence Square, watching in anticipation of the announcement that Ukraine would be joining the EU. They were ready to celebrate.

They instead got this slap in the face. The Maidan Revolution -- peaceful at first -- began shortly thereafter ... as did Putin's shock troops led by ex-Colonel Igor Girkin, AKA Igor Strelkov, begin to spread lies that the Kyiv "nazis" planned to round up Russian speakers and Jews in the Donbas.

Those with limited knowledge of Ukraine accept the bogus issue of Putin "protecting" Russian speakers in Ukraine Russian is spoken throughout Ukraine.

Some protection. He's been bombing the hell out of Russian speakers.
    1. Kyiv's population is not the only population in Ukraine. And like our own cities, the population doesn't represent the heartland nor the traditional values of the nation.

2. I understand that Ukrainians have only a cartoonist understanding of "democracy" but who told them that democracy meant that they could overthrow the election by brutish riots supported by foreign government reps like McCain and Nuland? That's not democracy.

3. Yanukovych claims that the EU wasn't offering anything that would help the people. They would have to bear a painful economic burden. Putin offered a better deal for the Ukrainians. And had the US not interfered, Ukraine and Russia would be happy, warm, and at peace.

4. Members of Ukraine's Parliament spoke out on the floor about foreign interference in Ukraine's government. Do I need to post that video yet again?
    Last edited by Call_me_Ishmael; 10-07-2022 at 09:27 AM.
    26 March 2022

01 September 2022

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Call_me_Ishmael For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (10-07-2022)

50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 87.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Call_me_Ishmael View Post
    Not sure if you think we don't research and vett what is said here..... thereby allowing falsehoods to go unchallenged. But I do vett and research. So I gotta report that.... your implied assertion is patently and provably false. Refugees started with Obama's coup and the subsequent attack on those who did not go along with the illegal coup.

Humanitarian_situation_during_the_war_in_Donbas

https://www.wilsoncenter.org/article...flee-to-russia

They were not running away from Russia. They were running away from genocide and running to Russia as early as 2014.
    Vetting huh?

After the paragraph from Wiki that you quoted, the article went on to note "growing lawlessness in the region," and documented ","cases of targeted killings, torture, and abduction," as well as "attacks on, and abductions of journalists and international observers," and "beatings and attacks on supporters of Ukrainian unity."

Amnesty
    International observers noted the "separatists" were committing "torture, abductions, and summary executions." The Human Rights Monitoring Mission in Ukraine reported illegal detentions and abductions, "and intimidation of election officials in the self-proclaimed pro-Russian republics."

So there you go Call_me_Ismael, some actual vetting of your misleading post. There's a lot more about the absence of social services, and the blocking of humanitarian aid and
    assistance by the "leaders" of the "republics" in the wiki article you deceptively quoted

Thread Information