User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Does Everything Feel Just Off?

Alumni Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 41.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    I've felt off since I was 18 years old. Everything turned to shit with the assassination of JFK, the election of LBJ, the Gun Control Act of 1968, and the invasion of The Beatles. Everything has been going down the toilet ever since with no end in sight.
    Good one, Matey!
    If ya don't play every day...ya sound like it. If ya do play everyday...ya sound like that, too. Play twice a day and you'll get twice as good. Life is like that, wherever ya look, isn't it!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Northern Rivers For This Useful Post:

Quark (09-29-2022)

Truth Seeker, Alumni Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entryOverdrive
    Awards:
    Calendar Award
    Overall activity: 11.0%

Thanks
    I've felt off since I was 18 years old. Everything turned to shit with the assassination of JFK, the election of LBJ, the Gun Control Act of 1968, and the invasion of The Beatles. Everything has been going down the toilet ever since with no end in sight.
    I lived through all those times and they had little 'lasting' impact on me. JFK being killed live on TV was the worst. The most I remember about LBJ is him picking up his dog by the ears. You forgot Castro and the Missile Crisis, which was scary.

Guns meant nothing to me, nor to most back in then. And other than a few songs I liked the Beatles had no effect on me. Our parents lived through harder times for sure. Things now are the worst I've experienced.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to potlatch For This Useful Post:

Jen (09-30-2022),Mr. Claws (09-30-2022),Quark (09-29-2022)

Alumni Member Forum Donor Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 64.0%

Thanks
    "...and yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death...."
    7Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?

If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;

Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
    Even in a mad world, some may find comfort in these words.
    "There is simply no justification or provocation for Russiaís choice of war. Itís an example of one of the oldest of human impulses: using brute force and disinformation to satisfy a craving for absolute power and control."
    Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.
    26 March 2022

"Donald Trump and the MAGA Republicans represent an extremism that threatens the very foundations of our republic."
    Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.
    01 September 2022

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Call_me_Ishmael For This Useful Post:

East of the Beast (09-30-2022),Physics Hunter (09-30-2022),potlatch (09-29-2022),Quark (09-29-2022)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 51.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Rivers View Post
    Good one, Matey!
    That really changed America and not for the better.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Quark For This Useful Post:

Physics Hunter (09-30-2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by potlatch View Post
    I lived through all those times and they had little 'lasting' impact on me. JFK being killed live on TV was the worst. The most I remember about LBJ is him picking up his dog by the ears. You forgot Castro and the Missile Crisis, which was scary.

Guns meant nothing to me, nor to most back in then. And other than a few songs I liked the Beatles had no effect on me. Our parents lived through harder times for sure. Things now are the worst I've experienced.
    LBJ gave us the Vietnam War. Under JFK Vietnam was just a side show and the only Americans involved were advisors. JFK was even considering ending support of the corrupt Vietnamese government. LBJ gave us the Great Society and the War on Poverty that has lead to the poverty mess we have especially fatherless families in the Black community.

At the time of JFK's assassination it was said that America had lost it's innocents and that certainly seemed to be the case. It can be argued the day JFK dies is the day America died.

The Gun Control Act of 1968 started us down the road to confiscating firearms to allegedly to fight crime but the real reason was for the Communists in the Democrat Party to institute a totalitarian government and state.

The Beatle invasion really hyped the hippie culture and the drugs. Woodstock was a major thorn in America's side that has never healed.

To me these were the defining moments that America turned to shit going down the toilet.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Quark For This Useful Post:

50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 39.0%

Thanks
    The Beatles were the greatest musical group in the history of the universe.
    I am not joe biden and I both understand and approve this message

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Felix Birdbiter View Post
    The Beatles were the greatest musical group in the history of the universe.
    So says another hippie. Me, YUCK!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Quark For This Useful Post:

V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entryOverdrive
    Awards:
    Calendar Award

Thanks
    I am going to write some things that will not appeal to most of you here. I live my days peacefully, not once do I think about the government and who said or did what to somebody. I only do the worrying that a normal parent does for their children. Through my life I've seen people worry about things that never happen.

---Then I come to the forum, or other forums, to read and all I see is people knocking themselves out to dredge up the worst things they can find to post and stir up everyone's fear and anger even more. But - these same people refuse to read other sites but will believe everything the conspiracy sites write! Did any of you watch Trump's Rally with the Q-Anon song being played and the people holding up one finger to align with Q and Trump, [who likes Q]? Who wants that? Now we are being called a Cult.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to potlatch For This Useful Post:

Quark (09-29-2022)

V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Calendar Award

Thanks
    LBJ gave us the Vietnam War. Under JFK Vietnam was just a side show and the only Americans involved were advisors. JFK was even considering ending support of the corrupt Vietnamese government. LBJ gave us the Great Society and the War on Poverty that has lead to the poverty mess we have especially fatherless families in the Black community.

At the time of JFK's assassination it was said that America had lost it's innocents and that certainly seemed to be the case. It can be argued the day JFK dies is the day America died.

The Gun Control Act of 1968 started us down the road to confiscating firearms to allegedly to fight crime but the real reason was for the Communists in the Democrat Party to institute a totalitarian government and state.

The Beatle invasion really hyped the hippie culture and the drugs. Woodstock was a major thorn in America's side that has never healed.

To me these were the defining moments that America turned to shit going down the toilet.
    America didn't die the day JFK did. It was serious and sad but other countries had assassinations too. I was young, it was a sad thing. In later years I was busy raising good children. None of my family was military. Location, location, location - matters, and the hippies and druggies weren't active down in 'my neck of the woods'. We were always the last to indulge in things that always seemed to begin in the north east - as I remember it. No drugs when I was in high school either.

Alumni Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 37.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Victory101 View Post
    pressure is building all around us and things are going to blow.
    I expect we are coming to that point during this voting cycle.
    Dems won't take a loss, they will either steal the elections again or if they lose there will widespread violence where people will be forced to fight or be killed.
    I've been hearing, on alternate news sources, that this is all a sting operation. People wouldn't believe that the Left was pure Evil so they had to be shown. Now that they are being shown, they won't rise up with such anger when some of the real and very awful truth is given to them.

I went over onto a couple of sites that have plenty of Lefties there.......and they are NOT waking up. They are embracing the perversion and the vile things that Lefty leaders are feeding to them. They are eating it up and have convinced themselves that it is fine to do demented and heinous things.

I do believe that in the next few weeks.........the month of October......everything will break open like an overripe cyst and truth (whatever it is) will come spewing out.

There are Pollyanna sorts who believe the Lefties will say "oh whew!" and be fine. They think that we will have a new capitol city in Florida or Texas since Washington DC is a temple to Lucifer. They believe the normal Lefties will be fine with that. They believe we will have a blackout for a few days while everything resets to Nesara/Gesara and Starlink Satellites..... but then... the famine will end and all will be fabulous.

I"m not convinced. I think something will definitely spew forth. It will be horrifically ugly. Our world will never be the same when that happens.

Bottom line......these two sides are going to have an ugly clash. Soon. I think we'd better be ready to shift for ourselves for a bit. Just hunker down and hope we have a somewhat decent world when it settles out and we can rebuild. Nuclear? Maybe. I hope not. But it can't be ruled out at this point. It's a mad world.

Last edited by Jen; 09-29-2022 at 09:52 PM.

Thread Information