User Tag List

Thread: Fury V Joshua - A New Low In The Heavyweight Division And Boxing Generally?

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 28.0%

Thanks

Fury V Joshua - A New Low In The Heavyweight Division And Boxing Generally?

Joshua is not a class boxer and certainly does not deserve the label of an "elite" boxer. there is no reason whatsoever for the boxing board of control and the promoters to arrange this fight taking place.
    Each boxer will make millions of pounds. The hype will be bigger than the fight. Joshua is certain to lose unless Fury plays the clown.
    There is no integrity in boxing and the money grabbing people, who promote the fights, will eventually destroy the sport.

Why is it so many things are reduced to the lowest common denominator in today's world?

“The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal.” – Aristotle

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 47.0%

Thanks
    The fans have wanted this for a long time. Promoters are only delivering, and profiting.

The “retired” Fury better not think this is a walk over, and not train for real, or he will lose.
    “You have the army of mediocrities followed by the multitude of fools. As the mediocrities and the fools always form the immense majority, it is impossible for them to elect an intelligent government.”
    – Guy de Maupassant

50000 Experience PointsSocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 68.0%

Thanks
    Boxing is so contrived and limited, the entire sport is a walking dead.

MMA is where its at.
    Scientist, Evangelical Christian - reformed, father, entrepreneur, hunter, outdoorsman, motorcyclist, Constitutional Conservative.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dummy View Post
    The fans have wanted this for a long time. Promoters are only delivering, and profiting.

The “retired” Fury better not think this is a walk over, and not train for real, or he will lose.
    Joshua simply does not have the ability to make a fight of it let alone beat Fury. Joshua is not a good boxer.
    I am a huge fan of boxing and I have never heard of fans being keen to see this fight. We were when Joshua was climbing up the top 5. But when the fat unheard of Mexican beat him we saw Joshua's real level of ability.

I guarantee Joshua will not throw a punch during the first 4 rounds.

“The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal.” – Aristotle

50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 47.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubler9 View Post
    Joshua simply does not have the ability to make a fight of it let alone beat Fury. Joshua is not a good boxer.
    I am a huge fan of boxing and I have never heard of fans being keen to see this fight. We were when Joshua was climbing up the top 5. But when the fat unheard of Mexican beat him we saw Joshua's real level of ability.

I guarantee Joshua will not throw a punch during the first 4 rounds.
    Andy Ruiz was far from unknown. Joshua lost to a puncher in that fight. Had he won he would have had a title shot vs Fury. Instead Wilder got the shot.

In a match with a boxer vs a puncher, the boxer wins 99% of the time. So Joshua will get smashed, but a battle of the Englishmen is going to happen for their pockets and the fans.
    “You have the army of mediocrities followed by the multitude of fools. As the mediocrities and the fools always form the immense majority, it is impossible for them to elect an intelligent government.”
    – Guy de Maupassant

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 7.0%

Thanks
    I got no problem with the fight, Fury has to fight someone. It’s not like current heavyweight division is full of qualified top contenders.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dummy View Post
    Andy Ruiz was far from unknown. Joshua lost to a puncher in that fight. Had he won he would have had a title shot vs Fury. Instead Wilder got the shot.

In a match with a boxer vs a puncher, the boxer wins 99% of the time. So Joshua will get smashed, but a battle of the Englishmen is going to happen for their pockets and the fans.
    I know Ruiz has a good pedigree, he was no pushover but, Joshua as not good enough and Ruiz, despite his amateur record, was never a class act by any means. Joshua was and is rubbish at the "top" level. He simply is not a good boxer.
    The second fight with Ruiz is one of the worst title fights I have ever seen, topped only by THE worst I have ever seen > Usyk V Joshua.

The fact Joshua publicly supported the BLM telling black people not to purchase from white owned businesses may have impacted on my assessment of him but I do know a poor boxer when I see one - as per his hyped up as an ELITE fighter.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dubler9 For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (09-26-2022)

Thread Information