User Tag List

Thread: Charles moves to exclude Harry and Andrew from power

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocial
    Overall activity: 89.0%

Thanks

Charles moves to exclude Harry and Andrew from power

Princes Andrew, Harry and Princess Beatrice could lose their 'stand-in status' if King Charles makes counsellors working members of the Royal family. The Duke of York, Duke of Sussex and Princess Beatrice may not be able to stand in for the King if he proceeds with plans to amend the law so that counsellors of state are all working royals.

The monarch's spouse and the four adults next in line can take the role of counsellors of state for official business as part of the 1937 Regency Act.

During Queen Elizabeth's reign, the Duke of Edinburgh, Prince of Wales, the Duke of Cambridge, the Duke of Sussex and the Duke of York took on these roles. The monarch's spouse and the four adults next in line can take the role of counsellors of state for official business as part of the 1937 Regency Act The monarch's spouse and the four adults next in line can take the role of counsellors of state for official business as part of the 1937 Regency Act

With Camilla now Queen Consort, she can be included in this role, alongside Princess Beatrice — who has moved up the line of succession.
    However with Princes Andrew, Harry and Princess Beatrice all non-working royals, it is understood that the King is looking to change the law.
    He may bring his siblings Princess Anne, the Princess Royal, and Prince Edward, the Earl of Sussex, forward to become official stand-ins, The Telegraph reported. This would mean that the role of counsellor of state is no longer based on the line of succession.

Princes Andrew, Harry and Princess Beatrice could lose 'stand-in status' | Daily Mail Online

TFFT, this last thing we need is the bufffoon sex pest Andrew and the vindictive manchild near the levers of state.
    I declare that the entire content and attachments of any and all of my posts are for the purposes of personal entertainment, and that I do not vouch for the veracity of the content. Neither do I care if you doubt my sources. That's your prerogative, but not my concern.

RIP Science Forum
    REMEMBER: Xenophobia Can Save Lives!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to UKSmartypants For This Useful Post:

Northern Rivers (09-18-2022)

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 35.0%

Thanks
    Princess Anne is very popular. The people know integrity when the see it.

“The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal.” – Aristotle

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dubler9 For This Useful Post:

Neo (09-18-2022),Northern Rivers (09-18-2022)

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranSocialTagger First Class
    Awards:
    Community AwardMost Popular
    Overall activity: 6.0%

Thanks
    What a travesty. Her brothers are Supreme Dolts, she is the only survivor with any sense of propriety and honor.

50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 99.5%

Thanks
    Don't know why I was expecting to read he'd sent them to The Tower for "safekeeping" like in the good old days.
    It is by the goodness of God that in our country we have those three unspeakably precious things: freedom of speech, freedom of conscience, and the prudence never to practice either of them. Mark ​Twain

50000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocial
    Overall activity: 89.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubler9 View Post

Anne has been the very model of Royal Discretion- She has never done anything to bring scandal to the RF, and has stoically done her duty without a word of complaint or criticism. She knows which side her bread is buttered.. She has never abused her position, never sold access to herself, never scrounged off rich friends - the total antipathy of the dolt Andrew. She hass also represented Britain in sport, Horse Riding and Dressage. Cant fault her. She also saw through megain from day 1. She is known not to suffer fools gladly, and has an acerbic, acid tongue when crossed.
    Last edited by UKSmartypants; 09-18-2022 at 05:07 AM.
    I declare that the entire content and attachments of any and all of my posts are for the purposes of personal entertainment, and that I do not vouch for the veracity of the content. Neither do I care if you doubt my sources. That's your prerogative, but not my concern.

RIP Science Forum
    REMEMBER: Xenophobia Can Save Lives!

Somewhere nice Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 74.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by UKSmartypants View Post
    Anne has been the very model of Royal Discretion- She has never done anything to bring scandal to the RF, and has stoically done her duty without a word of complaint or criticism. She knows which side her bread is buttered.. She has never abused her position, never sold access to herself, never scrounged off rich friends - the total antipathy of the dolt Andrew. She hass also represented Britain in sport, Horse Riding and Dressage. Cant fault her. She also saw through megain from day 1. She is known not to suffer fools gladly, and has an acerbic, acid tongue when crossed.
    We were working at the new Cheltenham shopping arcade, HRH princess Anne was there to open it officially, crowds were in the street, I was positioned over a walkway above it all, she looked up, I waved, she waved back…. Beautiful moment form me to be singled out by royalty.
    RIP Wes.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Neo For This Useful Post:

Northern Rivers (09-18-2022)

Alumni Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 48.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    We were working at the new Cheltenham shopping arcade, HRH princess Anne was there to open it officially, crowds were in the street, I was positioned over a walkway above it all, she looked up, I waved, she waved back…. Beautiful moment form me to be singled out by royalty.
    I felt the same when Gracie Slick waved back at Woodstock...
    If ya don't play every day...ya sound like it. If ya do play everyday...ya sound like that, too. Play twice a day and you'll get twice as good. Life is like that, wherever ya look, isn't it!

50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Thanks
    I am not a royalist by any stretch of the imagination. In exchange for attending state dinners, signing papers, and bringing tourist dollars to Britain, Elizabeth received the best food, housing, health care, and income. I think she got the best end of the deal. That being said, what did make Elizabeth worthy of respect, is that she was the epitome of a lady. Scandal free in her life, good manners, an old-fashioned LADY in the true sense of the word. I think Anne reflects her upbringing and, like her mother, is a true lady also.

Born too late to explore the world.
    Born too early to explore the universe.
    Born just in time to watch the collapse of the West.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LadyMoonlight For This Useful Post:

teeceetx (09-18-2022)

50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by UKSmartypants View Post
    You typed "megain"...was that a spelling mistake, or a very clever use of two words written as one? If it was the latter, then, well done and well said.

Born too late to explore the world.
    Born too early to explore the universe.
    Born just in time to watch the collapse of the West.

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassOverdrive1 year registeredSocial
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Thanks
    And, she won't allow herself to be kidnapped.

Thread Information