User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Serbia

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 63.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinnity View Post
    Yes, most of these countries are Orthodox. It's assumed.

Orthodox is the original Christian Church. All Christian Faiths can be traced back to it.
    The Roman Catholics disagree.

The upside of Orthodoxy is it doesn't have an infallible Pope. Score one for Orthodoxy.

Also, the Catholic Church believes that the Holy Spirit proceeds from the father to the son; while the Orthodox Church believes that it proceeds only from the father. Both churches are heavy on the icons.

And, the Catholic Church and some Protestant churches have spread their doctrines worldwide, usually quite aggressively. The Orthodox Church has not done this.

Ain't Skeered Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranSocialOverdriveTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 98.0%

Thanks
    The church in the book of Acts is of no denomination.It is simply Christ's Church
    ​Montani Semper Liberi

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to East of the Beast For This Useful Post:

imaginethat (09-18-2022),Physics Hunter (09-18-2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by East of the Beast View Post
    The church in the book of Acts is of no denomination.It is simply Christ's Church
    Amen brother.

Remember the wide and narrow gates. Some Christians think that represents disbelievers and the "christian churchgoers" respectively.

I think it applies to the mess of denominations vs. the Christian Church that you defined.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to imaginethat For This Useful Post:

East of the Beast (09-18-2022)

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassOverdrive1 year registeredSocial
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
    The Great Schism.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Authentic For This Useful Post:

imaginethat (09-18-2022),Quark (09-18-2022)

Created Blog entry50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteranSocial
    Overall activity: 20.0%

Thanks

The upside of Orthodoxy is it doesn't have an infallible Pope. Score one for Orthodoxy.

Also, the Catholic Church believes that the Holy Spirit proceeds from the father to the son; while the Orthodox Church believes that it proceeds only from the father. Both churches are heavy on the icons.

And, the Catholic Church and some Protestant churches have spread their doctrines worldwide, usually quite aggressively. The Orthodox Church has not done this.
    Correct.

Especially, through the massive amount of christian denominations in the world, numbering well over 27,000, separated by erroneous church doctrines over sound Biblical principals and pronouncements. Whereas, Christ founded one faith and one way, and was very explicit about Christians being in harmony and agreement with one another....

"Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment." 1 Cor. 1:10, NKJV
    Last edited by S-N-A-F-U; 09-18-2022 at 01:43 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to S-N-A-F-U For This Useful Post:

imaginethat (09-18-2022)

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassOverdrive1 year registeredSocial
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by S-N-A-F-U View Post
    Correct.

Especially, through the massive amount of christian denominations in the world, numbering well over 27,000, separated by erroneous church doctrines over sound Biblical principals and pronouncements. Whereas, Christ founded one faith and one way, and was very explicit about Christians being in harmony and agreement with one another....

"Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment." 1 Cor. 1:10, NKJV
    So, Christians should be in harmony and all use the NKJV?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Authentic For This Useful Post:

pjohns (09-19-2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Authentic View Post
    It's a good question up for each person to answer.

At one point in my life, I believed in an infallible Bible. Now, I think all the versions have errors, mostly minor errors.

The NKJV is one of my favorites, as are the ASV, the NASB, NRSV, and the CSB, which I just recently discovered.

Often I compare versions of a verse side by side. Usually they are in fundamental agreement.

Young's Literal Translation is interesting, too.
    Last edited by imaginethat; 09-18-2022 at 03:20 PM.

ADMIN IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Overall activity: 98.0%

Thanks
    And they are wrong. The Catholic Church has a long history of selling Christ and dominating politics. Shameful.
    This is a battle for the future of civilization. If free speech is lost even in America, tyranny is all that lies ahead. ó Elon Musk
    Isnít it interesting that these former Republican Never Trumpers, whose alleged beef with us is that we abandoned true conservatism, are now full-throated fellow travelers with cultural and economic Marxist Democrats who are on a monomaniacal mission to destroy this country? -David Limbaugh

Forum rules: HERE

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trinnity For This Useful Post:

imaginethat (09-19-2022),pjohns (09-19-2022),Quark (09-18-2022),S-N-A-F-U (09-19-2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinnity View Post
    And they are wrong. The Catholic Church has a long history of selling Christ and dominating politics. Shameful.
    I couldn't agree with you more.

The Roman/Carthaginian church turned the Gospel into bad news with their unique at the time concept of eternal hell, a place of eternal pain and suffering. In so doing, they blasphemed God, in my opinion, and remade God in a human image.

Moreover, the Roman Church greatly diminished the victory over sin, declaring most of humanity to be headed for hell.

It's my belief that God's victory over sin is total, and that all will at some point be saved. That point is up to God. The Roman Church declared without the backing of Scripture that a person must be saved within his or her mortal life. This was just one of the tactics used by the Roman Church to frighten people, and make them easier to control.

The Roman Church built its dogmas on fear and shame.

Apology for going on so long here Trinnity.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to imaginethat For This Useful Post:

Robert (09-19-2022)

Created Blog entry50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteranSocial
    Overall activity: 20.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Authentic View Post
    Some versions may differ a bit in language, but impart the same thought. If you don't like the NKJV, how about the following:

"But I request of you, my brethren, in the name of our Lord Yeshua [Jesus] The Messiah, that all of you would have one speech, and that there would be no divisions among you, that you would be perfected in one mind and in one conscience." ~ 1 Cor. 1:10, Aramaic Bible

Or, how-about your version?

However, did Bible copyists, make mistakes? Of course, but none of those mistakes corrupted the Bible.“No fundamental doctrine of the Christian faith rests on a disputed reading.”​—Our Bible and the Ancient Manuscripts.

Jewish copyists made the fewest mistakes.“The Jewish scribes of the early Christian centuries copied and recopied the text of the Hebrew Bible with the utmost fidelity.”​—Second Thoughts on the Dead Sea Scrolls.

For example, a scroll of Isaiah found among the Dead Sea Scrolls is 1,000 years older than the previously available texts. How does it compare with the text we have today?“Very occasionally, the odd word is added or subtracted.”​—The Book. A History of the Bible.

Mistakes​—such as transposed letters, words, or phrases—​made by less meticulous copyists are now easily identified and corrected.“There is no body of ancient literature in the world which enjoys such a wealth of good textual attestation as the New Testament.”​—The Books and the Parchments.

“Anxious believers can be enormously reassured by the almost exact similarity between even the earliest of the biblical papyri from Egypt and the text as it has survived during its descent through countless scriptoria and printing shops of Europe.”​—The Book. A History of the Bible.

So, has the Bible been corrupted? Emphatically, no!
    Last edited by S-N-A-F-U; 09-19-2022 at 06:13 AM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to S-N-A-F-U For This Useful Post:

pjohns (09-19-2022)

Thread Information