User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Political Donations Harassment

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 20.0%

Thanks

Political Donations Harassment

Prior to the 2020 election I made donations to The Trump Campaign. Biggest mistake ever!

I get pestered nearly every day since. Common to get 8-10 text messages a day seeking donations ....often by candidates I never even heard of from the GOP. In addition to text messages I get 3-6 emails daily from Trump.....and other out of state candidates.

Every Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do they really think if they send me 4 Trump emails in a day I will ignore the first 3 and on the 4th emial call uncle and donate?

I respond stop....they keep coming. I unsubscribe from emails they keep coming. They must share my contact info with every GOP candidate in the country.....even GOP dog catchers.

Prior to the 2020 election donations were discussed on this forum and one poster who I cannot remember who stated they will not donate cause they dont want to be harassed with constant messages. I responded if Trump won my donations are $$ well spent and I will accept periodic donation solicitations. Just want to say to this other poster....my goodness you were right and I should have listened to you!

Solicitating donations is understandable, but this is beyond solicitation....and more of pure harassment!

Beyond harassment....today I would definitely like to make donations to specific candidates but I will donate NOTHING to any and all hoping eventually the HARASSMENT stops. And I am confident I am not alone....not to mention I am getting Trump fatigued from constant emails and text messages.

I think Trump could help himself by taking a breather on the constant barrage....lay low for a while but we all know with midterms around the corner....and the Presidential race opening immediately after we know that will not occur.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to What'sThat? For This Useful Post:

dinosaur (06-29-2022),Freewill (06-29-2022),Lone Gunman (06-29-2022),Rutabaga (07-01-2022)

Alumni Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveSocialVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 55.0%

Thanks
    I also donated to the Trump campaign, but don't get near as many as I used to from him. In fact they have pretty much stopped in the last month or so. The last few I got were pleading relentlessly for me to respond. I don't think it was all the Trump campaign doing it. I just think your contact info gets out there and you are getting hammered by several entities using Trumps name. At least thats what it looked like was happening to me. Just keep ignoring them and they will finally get the hint.

I have been getting mainly local Arizona campaign messages now, but nothing obtrusive.............yet.
    Last edited by Kodiak; 06-29-2022 at 04:27 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kodiak For This Useful Post:

dinosaur (06-29-2022),Freewill (06-29-2022)

50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 39.0%

Zombieland-- Population: 81,000,000 and counting
    Thanks
    Sounds like politicians want your money more than they want your votes. Yet another reason to avoid taking part in elections.

Alumni Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 42.0%

Thanks
    Most politicians are gutter dogs.

Ultra-MAGA Deplorable

7. The Following User Says Thank You to QuaseMarco For This Useful Post:

NRAforlife (06-29-2022)

Super Moderator Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 40.0%

Thanks
    I donated to trump Im a registered gop and I didnt get what youve gotten, not even close
    !!!!!!!!!! LETS GO BRANDON !!!!!!!!!!
    F Joe Biden

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

Kodiak (06-29-2022)

50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 14.0%

Thanks
    I get several texts a day and about double that in e-mails.
    “The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit
    Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it. --- Rubáiyát 51

Alumni Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First ClassSocial
    Overall activity: 38.0%

Thanks
    I'm a dinosaur, but I must be pretty good at setting up spam filters!

Alumni Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranSocialTagger Second ClassOverdrive
    Overall activity: 41.0%

Thanks
    I won a date with Melania on a $1000.00 tip board for Trump.

Alumni Member Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 80.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by What'sThat? View Post
    Prior to the 2020 election I made donations to The Trump Campaign. Biggest mistake ever!

I get pestered nearly every day since. Common to get 8-10 text messages a day seeking donations ....often by candidates I never even heard of from the GOP. In addition to text messages I get 3-6 emails daily from Trump.....and other out of state candidates.

Every Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do they really think if they send me 4 Trump emails in a day I will ignore the first 3 and on the 4th emial call uncle and donate?

I respond stop....they keep coming. I unsubscribe from emails they keep coming. They must share my contact info with every GOP candidate in the country.....even GOP dog catchers.

Prior to the 2020 election donations were discussed on this forum and one poster who I cannot remember who stated they will not donate cause they dont want to be harassed with constant messages. I responded if Trump won my donations are $$ well spent and I will accept periodic donation solicitations. Just want to say to this other poster....my goodness you were right and I should have listened to you!

Solicitating donations is understandable, but this is beyond solicitation....and more of pure harassment!

Beyond harassment....today I would definitely like to make donations to specific candidates but I will donate NOTHING to any and all hoping eventually the HARASSMENT stops. And I am confident I am not alone....not to mention I am getting Trump fatigued from constant emails and text messages.

I think Trump could help himself by taking a breather on the constant barrage....lay low for a while but we all know with midterms around the corner....and the Presidential race opening immediately after we know that will not occur.
    Donor lists are hard currency and are sold by campaigns to other campaigns. Been that way for years.

Since donations are public information they can also be used to target you for retaliation by democrats.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Wildrose For This Useful Post:

What'sThat? (07-01-2022)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 36.0%

Thanks
    My story is like yours. I have replied stop and it seems to work somewhat. It is bad they even go as far as insulting me by asking if I became a democrat.

I now reply to the text messages with things like, no money until they do something about election fraud.
    Bonum est Deus.

Thread Information