User Tag List

Thread: Border Security, what Americans could learn

Alumni Member Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 58.0%

Thanks

Border Security, what Americans could learn

I recently came across a series on Youtube called "Border Security International". They do documentaries at major immigration check points in Europe, Canada, the US and Australia.

The people that think our immigration laws and border enforcement are draconian, fascist etc really should watch some of these and get a real idea of how ours compares even to our nearest neighbor to the north.

One thing that amazes me is how ignorant a lot of Americans are trying to get into Canada expecting the same privacy protections we take for granted here at home when trying to enter a foreign country.

Border Security: Canadas Front Line (TV Series 2012– ) - IMDb

Watching some of these segments would be highly educational to anyone who doesn't have a lot of experience traveling internationally.

One thing I see the series hitting a home run on is that people need to contact the consulate or embassy of any country they are planning to visit to make sure the are eligible to enter that country.

A DUI for example here in the US while not being just a slap on the hand is still just a misdemeanor at least on the first offense but conviction of DUI in the US will render you ineligible to enter Canada because a DUI there is a felony.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wildrose For This Useful Post:

Physics Hunter (06-25-2022),Rutabaga (06-25-2022),WVYankee (06-24-2022)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    SocialOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 11.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildrose View Post
    I recently came across a series on Youtube called "Border Security International". They do documentaries at major immigration check points in Europe, Canada, the US and Australia.

The people that think our immigration laws and border enforcement are draconian, fascist etc really should watch some of these and get a real idea of how ours compares even to our nearest neighbor to the north.

One thing that amazes me is how ignorant a lot of Americans are trying to get into Canada expecting the same privacy protections we take for granted here at home when trying to enter a foreign country.

Watching some of these segments would be highly educational to anyone who doesn't have a lot of experience traveling internationally.

One thing I see the series hitting a home run on is that people need to contact the consulate or embassy of any country they are planning to visit to make sure the are eligible to enter that country.

A DUI for example here in the US while not being just a slap on the hand is still just a misdemeanor at least on the first offense but conviction of DUI in the US will render you ineligible to enter Canada because a DUI there is a felony.
    First off "America" needs protection borders..

Forget the wall we could send "Military" tomorrow on Shoot 2 Kill Orders..

End of thy day we got "Weak Knee" Politicians..

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Karl For This Useful Post:

Rutabaga (06-25-2022)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 10.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildrose View Post

My wife is an Aussie. Yes, I have been there--married her in Melbourne.

That imparted, Australia's policy on immigration put's ours to disgrace. But one heck of a lot easier to do when separated by water on all fronts. No fences necessary. But like the US, they're being assaulted from within by Marxists. As is Canada. As is England. And Germany.(I could go on.) And attacked from within, all of us. Domestic terrorists.

This is a global infestation, by very powerful men. They are evil. And wealthy. And persistent. And they DO have an end game.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WVYankee For This Useful Post:

Mr. Claws (06-25-2022),Rutabaga (06-25-2022),teeceetx (06-25-2022)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 37.0%

Thanks
    You come to America and EVERY single thing you have done overseas is evaluated.

That's with me being British, having served in H.M. Forces in some quite obscure places, and married a three or four generation American citizen (sorry darling but I can remember if your ancestors arrived in the 19th or early 20th Century).

The security is hardly very veresimilituninous now.
    Last edited by Moonie; 06-25-2022 at 05:06 AM.
    Ex-Vice President Biden's Secret Service codename is Daytripper.

Gay Pride marches in Riyadh. Get them signed in.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Moonie For This Useful Post:

Rutabaga (06-25-2022)

Alumni Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 89.0%

Thanks
    canada and mexico, both have border /immigration laws far more restrictive than ours.
    "The nose, knows"

"Negros were like animals and they turned the streets into jungles”
    joe biden.

T
    rump again 2024
    Do it for your children.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    First off "America" needs protection borders..

Forget the wall we could send "Military" tomorrow on Shoot 2 Kill Orders..

End of thy day we got "Weak Knee" Politicians..
    Shooting people simply trying to make better lives for themselves and their kids by sneaking into the US illegally would put us on part with N. Korea, a pariah state.

The border wall works, complete it, patrol and surveil it, capture and deport the illegals.

If a country like Israel can do it we can damned sure do the same.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVYankee View Post
    My wife is an Aussie. Yes, I have been there--married her in Melbourne.

That imparted, Australia's policy on immigration put's ours to disgrace. But one heck of a lot easier to do when separated by water on all fronts. No fences necessary. But like the US, they're being assaulted from within by Marxists. As is Canada. As is England. And Germany.(I could go on.) And attacked from within, all of us. Domestic terrorists.

This is a global infestation, by very powerful men. They are evil. And wealthy. And persistent. And they DO have an end game.
    Yet even in Europe gov'ts are putting up border fences and putting their own border patrols to work catching and removing illegals.

We're capable of doing it here, we just have to win the battle of the minds to get it done.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutabaga View Post
    canada and mexico, both have border /immigration laws far more restrictive than ours.
    Many if most Americans are totally unaware of that and seem to believe both have completely open borders.

The press has been very effective and filling their heads with lies.

Thread Information