User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Two Days At The Range With The .223 Remington....

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialYour first Group1 year registeredRecommendation Second ClassTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 48.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    You do have to keep your shots in about a 150 yards or less. But it does kill. People even use the 22-250 to good affect too. Of course, the prairie goats (antelopes) go down with 22 centerfires real good. But I've seen Mulies go down like they were hit with a ton of bricks. Heck, an acquaintance of mine killed a big black bear with one shot when the bear stood up at about 75 yards with one shot in the heart. The Bear dropped like it was hit with an artillery round. Open that bear up and you would have thought a hand grenade went off in there. So it works and I think it does because those of us with low recoil rifles shoot them a lot whereas the big calibers aren't shot that much.
    My first Muley kill was at 7 yards with a 60# Mathews bow. I clipped the heart high and got double lungs. He dropped inside 50 yards.

I killed him, 5x5, two days into a 6 day hunt. I went where the other hunters didn't trying to score a Yote with the landowner's permission. Actually had a better 5x5 walk within 8 feet of me.

I do hunt rifle and MuzzleLoader seasons as need, but usually only for meat.
    Scientist, Evangelical Christian - reformed, father, entrepreneur, hunter, outdoorsman, motorcyclist, Constitutional Conservative.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Physics Hunter For This Useful Post:

Quark (06-25-2022)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 79.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Physics Hunter View Post
    My first Muley kill was at 7 yards with a 60# Mathews bow. I clipped the heart high and got double lungs. He dropped inside 50 yards.

I killed him, 5x5, two days into a 6 day hunt. I went where the other hunters didn't trying to score a Yote with the landowner's permission. Actually had a better 5x5 walk within 8 feet of me.

I do hunt rifle and MuzzleLoader seasons as need, but usually only for meat.
    I never killed anything with my longbow but it wasn't for a lack of trying.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Quark For This Useful Post:

Physics Hunter (06-25-2022)

Thread Information