User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Two Days At The Range With The .223 Remington....

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 25.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    I've been thinking a long those same lines. It says .223 Remington and does not say for AR type firearms only but I'm beginning to think that is what it is. I might just give the stuff away.
    Yeah gotta figure most 223/556 ammo today is geared toward AR’s it is by far and away the number one platform for that round. While it may not say it’s specifically made for the AR, if it’s low cost or sold in bulk that’s the platform it’s made to function in above all others.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Crusader For This Useful Post:

Quark (06-24-2022)

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registeredOverdrive
    Overall activity: 99.3%

Thanks
    Now if I could only figure out how to post pictures.
    What i did was to send the pic to my e mail then open the attachment then download it then click on "insert image" .
    Last edited by fortis; 06-23-2022 at 11:06 PM.
    "We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge, governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.Chris Hedges

4. The Following User Says Thank You to fortis For This Useful Post:

Quark (06-24-2022)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 78.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Yeah gotta figure most 223/556 ammo today is geared toward AR’s it is by far and away the number one platform for that round. While it may not say it’s specifically made for the AR, if it’s low cost or sold in bulk that’s the platform it’s made to function in above all others.
    I think you are right. The other stuff I have is far from cheap and is specifically for varmints. On Sierra's web site they actually sell varmint ammo specifically for ARs and ammo geared to varmint bolt action rifles. I was using the Sierra bolt action ammo and had no problems. I also see that my ammo is sold directly from Sierra. If it's in stock you can get it. Expensive at $37+ for a box of 20 but worth it if it works. I also was able to get a lot of it at one of our box hunting stores for a good price. I'll have to keep my eyes open for more of the stuff. Shooting is expensive and not getting any cheaper. I have all the guns I need and with the cost of ammo I'll not be buying any more guns any time soon.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quark For This Useful Post:

Crusader (06-24-2022),Mr. Claws (06-24-2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fortis View Post
    What i did was to send the pic to my e mail then open the attachment then download it then click on "insert image" .
    Thanks. I'll have to try that or rather Mrs. Quark may have to try that.

50000 Experience PointsSocialYour first Group1 year registeredRecommendation Second ClassTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 48.0%

Thanks
    223 is not the calibre that I would choose for long range vermin, but in this stupid ammo shortage it seems easier to get Mil calibre ammo... Tradeoffs.
    @Quark, in the standard website skin, advanced editor, there is a little square icon in the far right top menu which has a world with a link (insert a link), a world with a link and red X (break a link), and a square box that allows you to browse your computer select a picture, upload it, and this inserts it into the post.
    Hope that helps.
    Scientist, Evangelical Christian - reformed, father, entrepreneur, hunter, outdoorsman, motorcyclist, Constitutional Conservative.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Physics Hunter For This Useful Post:

Quark (06-24-2022)

50000 Experience PointsSocialYour first Group1 year registeredRecommendation Second ClassTagger Second Class

Thanks
    Forgot to add that nice to hear you got out and got some range time. I always enjoy that too.

I had the 308 Scout turnbolt out, to sight it in at short range. Burned off too much ammo because the new sight and rings were way off target as installed. Had to move in to 30 yards, it was shooting pretty true in windage but way low in elevation.

That got me on the paper farther out. Still an outstanding hour on my range.
    Last edited by Physics Hunter; 06-24-2022 at 12:46 AM.
    Scientist, Evangelical Christian - reformed, father, entrepreneur, hunter, outdoorsman, motorcyclist, Constitutional Conservative.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Physics Hunter View Post
    223 is not the calibre that I would choose for long range vermin, but in this stupid ammo shortage it seems easier to get Mil calibre ammo... Tradeoffs.
    @Quark, in the standard website skin, advanced editor, there is a little square icon in the far right top menu which has a world with a link (insert a link), a world with a link and red X (break a link), and a square box that allows you to browse your computer select a picture, upload it, and this inserts it into the post.
    Hope that helps.
    Thanks. I hope so. We'll see. As to the .223 Remington most of my shooting is at the range and the .223 is low recoil and just the rifle for this old man. We did just get clearance from the Forest Service to add another 100 yards to our range and we will now go out to 500 yards. At the range I do shoot out to 400 yards occasionally but 300 yards is usually how far I shoot for varmints. With gas costing as much as it does my shooting is at the range now and mostly shoot out a 100 yards because I'm lazy.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Quark For This Useful Post:

Old Navy (06-24-2022)

Senior Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    Overall activity: 51.0%

Thanks
    My wife took pictures of the Ferengi shooting his single shot bolt-action Cooper Arms Varmint Extreme rifle. Now I have to find out how to post pictures on this site if I can. Of course, I'm in my Hew-mon disguise so as to not scare the bejesus out of the other Hew-mons at the range.

The first day I was shooting Hornaday's Frontier ammo and boys is that crap ammo. So much so I thought maybe my rifle wasn't functioning properly. Out of 56 rounds eleven would not fire.

So today back out to the range but this time with premium Hornady and Sierra ammo and Fiocchi ammo. All ammo worked like clock work no problems whatsoever. Sure glad it was the ammo and not the very expensive custom rifle. The Sierra shot the best out of this rifle today but who knows what the next range session will be like. You never know with a rifle. They are just like a woman very temperamental.

It's easier to post them to an external site and use the link option to post the picture on this forum. Otherwise, it's hit or miss in regards to the site actually accepting images. Here's what I use:

https://imgbb.com/upload.

Just upload an image, select it, use "Embed Codes", and click the down arrow to select one of the BBCode links.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to crcook84 For This Useful Post:

Quark (06-24-2022)

Thanks
    Thanks. I hope so. We'll see. As to the .223 Remington most of my shooting is at the range and the .223 is low recoil and just the rifle for this old man. We did just get clearance from the Forest Service to add another 100 yards to our range and we will now go out to 500 yards. At the range I do shoot out to 400 yards occasionally but 300 yards is usually how far I shoot for varmints. With gas costing as much as it does my shooting is at the range now and mostly shoot out a 100 yards because I'm lazy.
    I'm gonna have to look to see what a light 223 bullet has left to give at 300yds..

My buddies are scoring shitty steelcase Russian ammo in 223 at decent prices last month. But it is difficult conscience to run that through a nice gun unless the SHTF.

From having shot a 223 twice now, I do enjoy the light recoil on the old bones.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Physics Hunter For This Useful Post:

Quark (06-24-2022)

Super Moderator Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 35.0%

Thanks
    My wife took pictures of the Ferengi shooting his single shot bolt-action Cooper Arms Varmint Extreme rifle. Now I have to find out how to post pictures on this site if I can. Of course, I'm in my Hew-mon disguise so as to not scare the bejesus out of the other Hew-mons at the range.

The first day I was shooting Hornaday's Frontier ammo and boys is that crap ammo. So much so I thought maybe my rifle wasn't functioning properly. Out of 56 rounds eleven would not fire.

So today back out to the range but this time with premium Hornady and Sierra ammo and Fiocchi ammo. All ammo worked like clock work no problems whatsoever. Sure glad it was the ammo and not the very expensive custom rifle. The Sierra shot the best out of this rifle today but who knows what the next range session will be like. You never know with a rifle. They are just like a woman very temperamental.

If the pictures are on a phone, just hook the phone to your computer, put the pictures in a file or on your desktop then open a thread and copy and paste them to the forum. You may have to lower the pixels or the forum wont accept them...
    !!!!!!!!!! LETS GO BRANDON !!!!!!!!!!
    F Joe Biden

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

Quark (06-24-2022)

Thread Information