User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Police Do Nothing While Kids Are Killed......

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 90.0%

Thanks

Why Police Do Nothing While Kids Are Killed......

This why I'm against government where the people have surrendered their sovereignty by granting the monopoly of the use force to the government. People should never do that under any circumstances.

Here is an often-used tactic employed to defend government police organizations from criticism. Whenever critics point out police incompetence of abuse, defenders counter with: "The next time you need help, call a crack head!" This same phrase was used by Louisiana Senator John Kennedy when singing the praises of uniformed government bureaucrats in 2021. The phrase often produces many smug nods from the "Back the Blue" crowd, and one can buy T-shirts with this progovernment slogan as well.

The reality however, is something quite different. Experience continues to teach us again and again, that when one encounters violent felons—as did the children in Uvalde, Texas—calling a crackhead may not produce results much worse than calling the police. A crack head is probably going to run the other direction when faced with a gun-toting maniac. As we learned at Uvalde, many police officers will do exactly the same.

https://mises.org/wire/why-police-do-nothing-while-kids-are-killed

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Quark For This Useful Post:

old dog (06-23-2022),QuaseMarco (06-23-2022),teeceetx (06-23-2022)

Alumni Member Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Overall activity: 99.4%

Thanks
    Simple, bad leadership.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wildrose For This Useful Post:

Camp (06-23-2022),msc (06-23-2022),zeke501 (06-23-2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildrose View Post
    Simple, bad leadership.
    Not bad leadership at all. It's police training that officer safety comes before public safety. That's another reason for gun confiscation to provide for officer safety when the police enforce the tyrant dictates.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Quark For This Useful Post:

old dog (06-23-2022),QuaseMarco (06-23-2022),teeceetx (06-23-2022),Wilson2 (06-23-2022)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 30.0%

Thanks
    The problem is that when people take matters into their own hands because the LE won't or can't, those people get in trouble.

Cops, DA's, judges, etc. don't like it when people assert themselves.
    Matthew 22:36-40 What is the greatest commandment?
    Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the greatest and most important commandment. The second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wilson2 For This Useful Post:

12icer (06-23-2022),Camp (06-23-2022),Foghorn (06-23-2022),fortis (06-23-2022),Freewill (06-23-2022),Mr. Claws (06-23-2022),Quark (06-23-2022),zeke501 (06-23-2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson2 View Post
    The problem is that when people take matters into their own hands because the LE won't or can't, those people get in trouble.

That's why the people should never ever consent to giving the government an absolute monopoly on the use of force. We people have simply given government too much authority and power because we are lazy and like our own slavery.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Quark For This Useful Post:

12icer (06-23-2022),teeceetx (06-23-2022),Wilson2 (06-23-2022)

50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registeredOverdrive
    Overall activity: 99.3%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson2 View Post

An excerpt

In contrast to this sort of police "efficiency": in Arvada, Colorado, when a shooter opened fire in a crowded shopping district, the police ran for cover. The gunman was then shot dead by a private citizen with a gun. The police then came out of hiding and shot the good samaritan dead instead.
    "We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge, governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”Chris Hedges

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fortis For This Useful Post:

12icer (06-23-2022),Mr. Claws (06-23-2022),teeceetx (06-23-2022),Wilson2 (06-23-2022)

50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 4.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    This why I'm against government where the people have surrendered their sovereignty by granting the monopoly of the use force to the government. People should never do that under any circumstances.

Here is an often-used tactic employed to defend government police organizations from criticism. Whenever critics point out police incompetence of abuse, defenders counter with: "The next time you need help, call a crack head!" This same phrase was used by Louisiana Senator John Kennedy when singing the praises of uniformed government bureaucrats in 2021. The phrase often produces many smug nods from the "Back the Blue" crowd, and one can buy T-shirts with this progovernment slogan as well.

The reality however, is something quite different. Experience continues to teach us again and again, that when one encounters violent felons—as did the children in Uvalde, Texas—calling a crackhead may not produce results much worse than calling the police. A crack head is probably going to run the other direction when faced with a gun-toting maniac. As we learned at Uvalde, many police officers will do exactly the same.

From hearing and viewing information, it appears to be the person in charge that is responsible for this disaster. Big issues are not made about all the good leadership and police that did step in and prevent mass murders. One bad leader fails is responsibility and many die, but it does not mean that ALL leadership and police units are faulty.

With that said, in preparation for the faulty humans in blue, it is necessary for citizens to anticipate this and have the means to protect themselves and others. Personal sovereignty is foolish to give up. Use of force, for defensive measures, can not be stripped from the individual.
    Can't we all just get along!

50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 74.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post

Oh, I don't know... if you told the crackhead the shooter had a "rock" the size of a bowling ball and it could be his if he took it, they'd likely charge in like The Light Brigade... or tell the cops milling around they'll get their pensions doubled... same difference.
    It is by the goodness of God that in our country we have those three unspeakably precious things: freedom of speech, freedom of conscience, and the prudence never to practice either of them. Mark ​Twain

50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Overall activity: 48.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildrose View Post
    Simple, bad leadership.
    Simple answers are almost always wrong. How about police officers that had done nothing except go to school before they became cops? I worked with cops that were afraid to go into working class bars because the customers were totally foreign to them. An officer asked me one night why people in Gene's Tavern always gave him a ration of shit when he went in.

"Jim, for most of them the highpoint of their life was their junior year in high school. It's been downhill ever since. Perhaps getting drunk and ragging you is the only happiness they have." Jim stormed into the bathroom, which is why he was in the station, and when he came out he said, "That's fucking pitiful but I still don't like it."

A disturbing number of officers being hired even before I retired were raised without a father in the home. Their mother raised them to understand that they're the most important person there is. A supervisor was arguing with me about officer safety and I said, "If you get a call on a sunny summer Sunday that a man and his wife are in their yard fighting and the husband is hitting the wife with a broken table leg. You're going with a cover unit coming but the cover unit gets caught by a train. What do you do?"

"I pull over and wait for the cover unit."
    "No, you don't, you go help the woman. She's being beaten."
    "Why is her life more important than mine?"
    "She's not being paid $100k a year to protect you chickenshit ass."
    "I'll wait for my cover unit," and stormed off.

Police unions that exist to protect lazy, incompetent, crooked, and brutal police officers. Two Denver police officers got drunk when they were on duty, working. A supervisor called them in and suspended them. They jumped the desk and beat him. They were fired. Oh, wait, they got their jobs back with back pay from the civil service commission thanks to the union. This was years ago but it hasn't gotten better.

A culture, not just police, that values following rules and regulations over solving problems.

And, a legal system that guarantees a police officer will get sued and governments that hate the cops and are more than ready to literally throw them to the lynch mob.

A culture within that values "team" over "individual initiative". The departments promote this the unions demand this and our culture encourages this. The same applies to lawyers, teachers, doctors, and garbage collectors.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to patrickt For This Useful Post:

Quark (06-23-2022)

Alumni Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 50.0%

Thanks
    The police will sorely regret losing the support of the citizens.

Once that happens, cops will have NO ONE on their side.

Then they become a truly dangerous entity.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to teeceetx For This Useful Post:

Quark (06-23-2022),zeke501 (06-23-2022)

Thread Information