Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ukraine: The need for accurate reporting

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 22.0%

Thanks

Ukraine: The need for accurate reporting

The basic deontology of journalism has been violated by practically every news outlet in the west. Taking sides and censorship is not responsible reporting

My own take on the special military operation in Ukraine was the same take as I have taken on the military campaigns in Iraq, in Libya, in Syria and anywhere else. This means reading and listening more than writing and speaking until I know what I am talking about.

Russophobic hope and hype

Compare this with the European Union and its former member state, the UK and its ex-colonial allies across the pond in the USA and Canada and Australia, epitomised by European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen’s favouring the Fascist policy of censorship, blocking Russian news sources while western media outlets present a one-sided story based on conjecture, supposition, hope and hype.

https://english.pravda.ru/opinion/15...ine_reporting/
    But does CRT provide free flights to Africa to see where their ancestors escaped from?

And from King Lear (Act One, Scene One) in regards to 'Prince' Harry: Why bastard? Wherefore base? When I can boast a [ferile] mind as gen'rous and a shape as true as honest madam's issue [or not]?

Islam - urini turdus maximus and Biden to go down as the most complicite faggy 'President' in history. Sorry Obama!
    .Ukraine...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Moonie For This Useful Post:

crcook84 (06-24-2022),phoenyx (06-23-2022)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 38.0%

Thanks
    The only accurate thing I am sure of...is that Russia invaded Ukraine. Everything else is spin.
    Life without dogs is like life without music....

Alumni Member Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Overall activity: 99.4%

Thanks
    When Pravda is complaining about fair reporting you know the world is upside down.

Babbling mindlessly Forum Donor Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassOverdrive1 year registeredSocial
    Awards:
    King of Publishing
    Overall activity: 99.6%

El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciuncula
    Thanks
    This isn't your father's Pravda.
    Last edited by Authentic; 06-23-2022 at 01:18 AM.
    Let em come, we are Millwall!

"Pawns are the soul of chess" - Francois-Andre Danican Philidor

Bill Clinton never grew to maturity, and Hillary is an ageless being, neither young nor old, an immortal spirit of evil.

Awards:
    King of Publishing

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post

The basic deontology of journalism has been violated by practically every news outlet in the west. Taking sides and censorship is not responsible reporting

My own take on the special military operation in Ukraine was the same take as I have taken on the military campaigns in Iraq, in Libya, in Syria and anywhere else. This means reading and listening more than writing and speaking until I know what I am talking about.

Russophobic hope and hype

Compare this with the European Union and its former member state, the UK and its ex-colonial allies across the pond in the USA and Canada and Australia, epitomised by European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen’s favouring the Fascist policy of censorship, blocking Russian news sources while western media outlets present a one-sided story based on conjecture, supposition, hope and hype.

https://english.pravda.ru/opinion/15...ine_reporting/
    Truth.

Bill Clinton never grew to maturity, and Hillary is an ageless being, neither young nor old, an immortal spirit of evil.

Veteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassSocial
    Overall activity: 97.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Rivers View Post
    The only accurate thing I am sure of...is that Russia invaded Ukraine. Everything else is spin.
    Ukraine invaded the Donbas region with its army 8 years, calling it a "special military operation" as well, killing thousands of Donbas citizens, many of them civilians. I strongly suspect that this is the reason that Putin has insisted that his own military operation in Ukraine be called the same in Russia.
    Last edited by phoenyx; 06-23-2022 at 12:27 AM.
    "Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who find it."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenyx View Post
    Ukraine invaded the Donbas region with its army 8 years, calling it a "special military operation" as well, killing thousands of Donbas citizens, many of them civilians. I strongly suspect that this is the reason that Putin has insisted that his own military operation in Ukraine be called the same in Russia.
    In reaction to Russian separatists aided by Russian military launching a civil war in the Donbas.

You've been shown repeatedly that this is true but you keep pretending otherwise.

Awards:
    King of Publishing

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildrose View Post
    In reaction to Russian separatists aided by Russian military launching a civil war in the Donbas.
    The Luhansk and Donetsk People's Republics did not launch a war.

Ukraine did.
    Last edited by Authentic; 06-23-2022 at 05:38 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Authentic View Post
    The Luhansk and Donetsk People's Republics did not launch a war.

Ukraine did.
    Bullshit, they began the violence in 2014.

Following the Euromaidan protests and a revolution resulting in the removal of pro-Russian President Viktor Yanukovych in February 2014, pro-Russian unrest erupted in parts of Ukraine. Russian soldiers without insignia took control of strategic positions and infrastructure in the Ukrainian territory of Crimea, and seized the Crimean Parliament. Russia organized a controversial referendum, whose outcome was for Crimea to join Russia. This led to the annexation of Crimea. In April 2014, demonstrations by pro-Russian groups in the Donbas escalated into a war between the Armed Forces of Ukraine and Russian-backed separatists of the self-declared Donetsk and Luhansk republics.

In August 2014, unmarked Russian military vehicles crossed the border[19] into the Donetsk republic. An undeclared war began between Ukrainian forces on one side, and separatists intermingled with Russian troops on the other, although Russia attempted to hide its involvement. The war settled into a static conflict, with repeated failed attempts at a ceasefire. In 2015, the Minsk II agreements were signed by Russia and Ukraine, but a number of disputes prevented them being fully implemented. By 2019, 7% of Ukraine was classified by the Ukrainian government as temporarily occupied territories.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russo-Ukrainian_War

Veteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassSocial
    Overall activity: 97.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildrose View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenyx View Post

I'm pretty sure that I've quoted from Jacques Baud, a former NATO military analyst that directly negates your assertion. I'll do it once more, for old times' sake:

[snip]

Let’s try to examine the roots of the conflict. It starts with those who for the past eight years have been talking to us about “separatists” or “independence” from the Donbass. It’s wrong. The referendums conducted by the two self-proclaimed republics of Donetsk and Luhansk in May 2014 were not ” independence ” (независимость) referendums , as some unscrupulous journalists claimed , but ” self-determination ” or ” autonomy (самостоятельность). The term “pro-Russian” suggests that Russia was a party to the conflict, which was not the case, and the term “Russian speakers” would have been more honest. Moreover, these referendums were conducted against the advice of Vladimir Putin.

[snip]

In 2014, I am at NATO, responsible for the fight against the proliferation of small arms, and we are trying to detect Russian arms deliveries to the rebels in order to see if Moscow is involved. The information that we receive then comes practically all from the Polish intelligence services and does not “match” with the information from the OSCE: in spite of rather crude allegations, we do not observe any delivery of arms and materials Russian military.

The rebels are armed thanks to the defections of Russian-speaking Ukrainian units which cross over to the rebel side. As the Ukrainian failures progressed, the entire tank, artillery or anti-aircraft battalions swelled the ranks of the autonomists. This is what drives the Ukrainians to commit to the Minsk Accords.

Full article:

Former NATO Military Analyst Blows the Whistle on West’s Ukraine Invasion Narrative | scheerpost.com
    Last edited by phoenyx; 06-23-2022 at 06:09 PM.
    "Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who find it."

Thread Information