User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 'VERY FRIGHTENED' Jihadi bride Shamima Begum fears she will be EXECUTED when she stan

Truth Seeker, Alumni Forum Donor Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entryOverdrive
    Awards:
    Calendar Award
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinnity View Post
    The hatefulness and casual love of cruelty on this forum makes me sick to my stomach. I don't know why I bother coming here anymore.
    With all due respect to you Trinnity, this is why I often take long breaks. Our wonderful forum has devolved into anger, hate and loss of compassion.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to potlatch For This Useful Post:

Jen (06-13-2022),Kodiak (06-12-2022),Madison (06-13-2022)

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranSocialOverdriveTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by potlatch View Post
    With all due respect to you Trinnity, this is why I often take long breaks. Our wonderful forum has devolved into anger, hate and loss of compassion.
    Well, we are known by the company we keep.

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranSocialOverdriveTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    I think I'll follow your lead @potlatch.....when the news kept me in turmoil all the time I quit watching....God has this.....This forum is getting to be much the same...I think I'm out for a while.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to East of the Beast For This Useful Post:

potlatch (06-12-2022)

Alumni Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First ClassSocial
    Overall activity: 30.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubler9 View Post
    My stance is not to do with liking her or her joining ISIS. My point is formed on the rule of law. She is a British citizen and should have returned to Britain. No one has asked that she not be put on trial. She can be tried in an English Crown Court and sentenced. This was the desire of those who support her return to England.

The Rule Of Law is so defined that your reason, intent, ideology, status etc will not push aside the offence you commit and the fair application of the law in all its tenets.
    You make my point, in a round about way. Ms Begum committed no breach of law in the UK. Any crime of which she is accused happened in Syria, not the UK, so the rule of law in Syria has jurisdiction for any crime and prosecution.

If I, as an American citizen, go to any other country, and commit a crime, I expect to be held to account in that country's system of justice, not American justice. There is an infamous case of an American student tried in Italian court for murder, and more recent, and closer to your home, the UK is demanding UK justice for the wife of an American diplomat who got confused about which side of the road to drive on. Rule of law dictates that you are held accountable in the place where the crime occurred. Countries have invested heavily in procedures of extradition to make sure that happens.
    Last edited by dinosaur; 06-12-2022 at 07:23 PM.

50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entryOverdrive
    Awards:
    Calendar Award

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by East of the Beast View Post
    I think I'll follow your lead @potlatch.....when the news kept me in turmoil all the time I quit watching....God has this.....This forum is getting to be much the same...I think I'm out for a while.
    Don't stay away too long, you'll be missed. I once stayed away 3 weeks and when I came back all of my previous comments were gone!

Alumni Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveSocialVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 50.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by potlatch View Post
    You got that right. If you have any compassion for the Ukrainian people, you are dubbed a "Soros puppet".

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kodiak For This Useful Post:

Madison (06-13-2022),potlatch (06-12-2022)

Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Overall activity: 4.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinnity View Post
    The hatefulness and casual love of cruelty on this forum makes me sick to my stomach. I don't know why I bother coming here anymore.
    Are you saying that she should not be held accountable for her actions and her choices? That the poor, innocent little dear should be able to just walk away from what she was, willingly, a part of? That people like me who want her to be held accountable, are mean and horrible people?
    She CHOSE to be a part of something so evil that it stuns the mind. Why should she get to walk away from it? She had no problem with the beheadings, with her husband and his companions raping young women, with horrific actions, but, now that they lost and it's not fun anymore, she wants to go home to some comfort, back to a society she willingly turned her back on and would see destroyed. I don't understand why you think we are hateful and cruel because we want justice for her victims. If you think she was just a poor innocent girl, then you are sadly mistaken. She, and others like her, knew exactly what she was getting into, and WANTED TO BE A PART OF...from news reports, from information she received from the network she was in contact with.

Why are we hateful and cruel because we want justice? If she and her husband had blown up/murdered your family and not some people a long way away from you that you will never know the names of, would you still feel the same way? Would you look at the graves of your loved ones and say something like, well, she really wasn't responsible and she should be allowed to walk away and have a life of relative comfort now, let her put the past behind her?

Well, I make no apologies for believing that people should be held accountable for their choices and their actions. This was no minor little event she was a part of. She should be held accountable, her and her fellow jihadi brides.

Born too late to explore the world.
    Born too early to explore the universe.
    Born just in time to watch the collapse of the West.

Awards:
    Calendar Award

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    You got that right. If you have any compassion for the Ukrainian people, you are dubbed a "Soros puppet".
    I would feel compassion for people in any country who were being slaughtered in a war. There are those who consider us wimpy for feeling that way, but I think they are heartless. The last two years have been hard on all of us Kodiak. Try to ignore them.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to potlatch For This Useful Post:

Kodiak (06-12-2022),Madison (06-13-2022)

ADMIN IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteranYour first Group
    Overall activity: 78.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyMoonlight View Post
    Are you saying that she should not be held accountable for her actions
    No, but she was 15 when she made the worst mistake of her life. I don't even know much about the case and maybe I read they're maybe gonna execute her. I'm saying she was a child when she married a Dutch Muslim and went down the rabbit hole.

Hey that's ok you don't like the idea of Mercy in her case. You're not deciding her fate. I hope her fate isn't decided on emotions or mob justice.

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Thanks
    She was always going to be tried in a UK court if allowed back. She was never coming back to freedom.

Thread Information