User Tag List

Thread: Ukraine &T-72: The Death Of The Tank: The Tank Museum.....

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 82.0%

Thanks

Ukraine &T-72: The Death Of The Tank: The Tank Museum.....

A very interesting video.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Quark For This Useful Post:

Northern Rivers (05-22-2022)

50000 Experience PointsSocialYour first Group1 year registeredRecommendation Second ClassTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 48.0%

Thanks
    Do your people listen to me, or even the shit you post...

1 The T72 is an old design based on the '60's T64.
    2 Tanks must be used in a "combined arms" manner,
    3 and logistics must be spot on.

facepalmdouble.jpg

A misused tank is merely an oven for the tankers if it is sent out without support.
    Scientist, Evangelical Christian - reformed, father, entrepreneur, hunter, outdoorsman, motorcyclist, Constitutional Conservative.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Physics Hunter For This Useful Post:

Quark (05-22-2022)

50000 Experience PointsSocialYour first Group1 year registeredRecommendation Second ClassTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 48.0%

Thanks
    That is actually a great video, ending with, at 17:13, even that dude opining that the Ukr's are winning.

Scientist, Evangelical Christian - reformed, father, entrepreneur, hunter, outdoorsman, motorcyclist, Constitutional Conservative.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Physics Hunter For This Useful Post:

Quark (05-22-2022)

50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 21.0%

Thanks
    That's a very interesting video. I would point out that tanks have always been in danger from the air. That started with the airplane & then progressed to the helicopter. Drones are basically replacing the helicopter & so are new handheld weapons. What we are seeing at this time is the next gen weapons being used & it would seem that Russia doesn't have anything to negate them. As Physics Hunter pointed out tanks should be used combined with troops, or they are basically just targets.

My thoughts are that the day of the tank isn't over. We just need to develop new ways to stop the new threats of drones & handheld weapons.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Old Tex For This Useful Post:

Quark (05-22-2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Physics Hunter View Post
    Do your people listen to me, or even the shit you post...

1 The T72 is an old design based on the '60's T64.
    2 Tanks must be used in a "combined arms" manner,
    3 and logistics must be spot on.

facepalmdouble.jpg

A misused tank is merely an oven for the tankers if it is sent out without support.
    Right. What caught the Russians by surprised and it shouldn't have had if Russian Intelligence was doing their job was that the USA would respond with as much force as the USA could muster to protect the USA's illegal activities in Ukraine. After all, for over four years Russia has been the fault of damn near everything going wrong in the USA and the world.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Tex View Post
    That's a very interesting video. I would point out that tanks have always been in danger from the air. That started with the airplane & then progressed to the helicopter. Drones are basically replacing the helicopter & so are new handheld weapons. What we are seeing at this time is the next gen weapons being used & it would seem that Russia doesn't have anything to negate them. As Physics Hunter pointed out tanks should be used combined with troops, or they are basically just targets.

My thoughts are that the day of the tank isn't over. We just need to develop new ways to stop the new threats of drones & handheld weapons.
    Russia is learning a lot of what the USA's military capabilities are and what we have for weapons. Russia will re-group and things will be learned. Also understand this was supposed to be a training mission for militia troops and to bring Ukraine leadership to the negotiating table not a full blown world war three. Russia never intended to start WWIII or to take on NATO and the USA. As I said Russian Intelligence was behind the old eight ball on this.

Alumni Member Forum Donor Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 55.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    Russia is learning a lot of what the USA's military capabilities are and what we have for weapons. Russia will re-group and things will be learned. Also understand this was supposed to be a training mission for militia troops and to bring Ukraine leadership to the negotiating table not a full blown world war three. Russia never intended to start WWIII or to take on NATO and the USA. As I said Russian Intelligence was behind the old eight ball on this.
    There's a cold hard fact of war. Experience counts. You can't get battle hardened troops by sitting them behind a computer.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Call_me_Ishmael For This Useful Post:

Quark (05-22-2022)

50000 Experience PointsOverdriveTagger First ClassSocial1 year registered
    Overall activity: 9.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    WADR, Russia is mostly learning about what the US's military capabilities - at least in terms of hardware - were at least one generation ago (in terms of weapons development). Ukraine isn't getting the most up-to-date U.S. military equipment, and therefore Russia's experience with getting its a$$ handed to it repeatedly by the Ukrainians isn't teaching it much except what it would have needed to have fought a war against the U.S. at least a decade ago.
    So let us stop talkin' falsely now
    The hour's getting late -- Jimi Hendrix

#RESISTBidet

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Oceander View Post
    WADR, Russia is mostly learning about what the US's military capabilities - at least in terms of hardware - were at least one generation ago (in terms of weapons development). Ukraine isn't getting the most up-to-date U.S. military equipment, and therefore Russia's experience with getting its a$$ handed to it repeatedly by the Ukrainians isn't teaching it much except what it would have needed to have fought a war against the U.S. at least a decade ago.
    The USA has very little up-to-date military equipment. The USA military is still fighting the Cold War with Cold War equipment don't kid yourself. Plus our military is woke besides. What most people do not realize listening to the legacy propaganda media Russia was just using it's militia troops comparable to our National Guard troops to march into Ukraine composed of conscripts on a training mission. This war was never intended to go this long or get this involved. Sort of like how we got involved in Vietnam with at first just advisors to eventually a full blown war with a commitment of combat troops. If you look at interactive maps of the war right now you are starting to see that Russia is taking over much if not all of Eastern Ukraine and cutting Ukraine out of the Black Sea. When that happens I think Russia will declare victory. Of course, if the USA stays on the course it's on right now we may find crap falling on us in the not too distant future.

Thread Information