User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Buffalo killings may likely have been a false flag

ADMIN IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Overall activity: 81.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Swedgin View Post
    My question is: Where in the HELL was the FBI?
    I'm straight up accusing the FBI of being fully capable of grooming terrorists and I'm accusing them of creating the riots that took place on j6.

Who radicalized the Buffalo shooter?

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Trinnity For This Useful Post:

Call_me_Ishmael (05-19-2022),Camp (05-19-2022),dinosaur (05-19-2022),memesofine (05-20-2022),Old Ridge Runner (05-19-2022),Swedgin (05-19-2022)

Alumni Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First ClassSocial
    Overall activity: 51.0%

Thanks
    This is pretty simple. But we need organization and funding. FOIA requests are expensive.

This one is easy. One simple FOIA request to the FBI. Any document or communication anywhere with the perps name on it. At the very least, you are gonna get some 4473 forms. A quick search of the FBI email system will tell us pretty quick if FBI is involved in any way. Pound on a judge to get it done fast. With their modern search tools, I'm pretty sure they will have a complete list in less than a week. 10 months of redactions and reviews, maybe, but by then, they will have several more recent events to water down the results and push them to page F23 in the news.

This kid threatens to shoot up a school and escapes without a felony record to buy guns? Lots wrong with this story.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dinosaur For This Useful Post:

Mr. Claws (05-19-2022),Old Ridge Runner (05-19-2022)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 29.0%

Thanks
    Here is part of the problem in my opinion, which won't be the popular opinion.

Every day I see bitching that we don't want the government monitoring the Internet for these types of people. This is said until something like Buffalo happens then the questions of where the FIB monitoring is are asked.

Seems to me that people don't want the FIB overreaching unless there is a crazy person. I read on this site, or did, several posts advocating violence, who weeds out the threats and the bloviating? Mostly all is just bloviating talk and not a threat. But once in a while a poster, not on this board, will tell people exactly what they intend on doing, just as did this shooter.

So someone tell me how we maintain the first amendment yet weed out the truly diseased mind.

Who failed to flag this guy? I'll bet that the FIB has hundreds if not thousands of potential threats in their data base. The question is, how to they determine the real threats?
    Bonum est Deus.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Freewill For This Useful Post:

Old Ridge Runner (05-19-2022)

Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 41.0%

Thanks
    If I remember correctly there was an attempt to get the names of people with sever mental issues placed in the background check system but gun owners backed by the NRA screamed to high heaven and it was shot down.
    Humble yourself, for there is an enormous change coming.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Old Ridge Runner For This Useful Post:

Freewill (05-19-2022)

Alumni Member Forum Donor Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 56.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Freewill View Post
    Here is part of the problem in my opinion, which won't be the popular opinion.

Every day I see bitching that we don't want the government monitoring the Internet for these types of people. This is said until something like Buffalo happens then the questions of where the FIB monitoring is are asked.

Seems to me that people don't want the FIB overreaching unless there is a crazy person. I read on this site, or did, several posts advocating violence, who weeds out the threats and the bloviating? Mostly all is just bloviating talk and not a threat. But once in a while a poster, not on this board, will tell people exactly what they intend on doing, just as did this shooter.

So someone tell me how we maintain the first amendment yet weed out the truly diseased mind.

Who failed to flag this guy? I'll bet that the FIB has hundreds if not thousands of potential threats in their data base. The question is, how to they determine the real threats?
    He was flagged. He was interviewed. He said his threats were made in jest. He was then sent on his merry way.

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics...flag-questions

So I think your point needs a slight modification. Can the FBI monitor 24x7 the activity of people who have been flagged but then deemed "not a threat"?

The story was similar with the radicalized Muslim that shot up a homosex nightclub in Florida a few years ago.
    Last edited by Call_me_Ishmael; 05-19-2022 at 09:54 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Call_me_Ishmael For This Useful Post:

Freewill (05-19-2022)

Let's Go Brandeau V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 34.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Authentic View Post
    I have visited 4chan/pol - out of curiosity because the left talks like it is the pits of hell. I don't see how anyone can be "radicalized" by it. It is virtually impossible (at least for me) to follow any of their conversations.

I keep hearing about Discord but have no idea what it is.
    Speaking of 'radicalization'...

In my entire life I've never heard any crackpot ever say he was 'radicalized by ____' .
    This guy did. Nutcases don't refer to themselves as radical/radicalized.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities."

― Ayn Rand

12. The Following User Says Thank You to El Guapo For This Useful Post:

JustPassinThru (05-19-2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Call_me_Ishmael View Post
    He was flagged. He was interviewed. He said his threats were made in jest. He was then sent on his merry way.

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics...flag-questions

So I think your point needs a slight modification. Can the FBI monitor 24x7 the activity of people who have been flagged but then deemed "not a threat"?

The story was similar with the radicalized Muslim that shot up a homosex nightclub in Florida a few years ago.
    I am not sure it is possible. One thing that could be done, but I doubt people would go for it. Is if you make statements that end up in an interview, then at the least you are flagged. Maybe not for forever but for some amount of time.

One thing that we all should be able to agree on, is this can't keep happening. The shooter is a scum bag that needs help but never should he be released. He ended his life as he knew it.
    Bonum est Deus.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Freewill For This Useful Post:

Call_me_Ishmael (05-19-2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
    Speaking of 'radicalization'...

In my entire life I've never heard any crackpot ever say he was 'radicalized by ____' .
    This guy did. Nutcases don't refer to themselves as radical/radicalized.
    Saying that "Nutcases" don't say this or that doesn't make sense except to a sane person. It is doubtful he wasn't radicalized by some one or group, or thinks he was. Never the less he showed many signs of a diseased mind, which apparently were ignored.

No matter what, a lone wolf would be hard to predict and stop. If he tells no one of his plans, in a believable fashion, then it is a secret. When 2 people know it is no longer a secret, especially if they communicate electronically.
    Bonum est Deus.

Alumni Member Forum Donor Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 56.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Freewill View Post
    Saying that "Nutcases" don't say this or that doesn't make sense except to a sane person. It is doubtful he wasn't radicalized by some one or group, or thinks he was. Never the less he showed many signs of a diseased mind, which apparently were ignored.

No matter what, a lone wolf would be hard to predict and stop. If he tells no one of his plans, in a believable fashion, then it is a secret. When 2 people know it is no longer a secret, especially if they communicate electronically.
    Also...
    He was sane enough to say he was only joking when he was first flagged. He should not get off as "insane".

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Call_me_Ishmael View Post
    Also...
    He was sane enough to say he was only joking when he was first flagged. He should not get off as "insane".
    I am not sure that not being sane is the same as not being stupid. Certainly the results show he indeed was/is insane, but his excuse shows he is not stupid.
    Bonum est Deus.

Thread Information