User Tag List

Thread: John Pinette - Hiking Is a Walk That Sucks

Alumni Member Forum Donor Achievements:
    Your first GroupSocial50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 15.0%

Thanks

John Pinette - Hiking Is a Walk That Sucks

"Everyone's always trying to leave Jesus out, which is one reason we're in the mess we're in." ~ Miss Clara
    Burgermeister Meisterburger: This is outrageous! Toys! Toys everywhere! What sort of criminal is this Kringle, sneaking into houses at night? I hereby decree that all the town's doors and windows be locked tight against this prowler!
    Edgar Friendly: You see, according to Cocteau's plan I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think; I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech and freedom of choice.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Knightkore For This Useful Post:

Rutabaga (05-13-2022)

Your first GroupSocial50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran

Thanks
    "Everyone's always trying to leave Jesus out, which is one reason we're in the mess we're in." ~ Miss Clara
    Burgermeister Meisterburger: This is outrageous! Toys! Toys everywhere! What sort of criminal is this Kringle, sneaking into houses at night? I hereby decree that all the town's doors and windows be locked tight against this prowler!
    Edgar Friendly: You see, according to Cocteau's plan I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think; I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech and freedom of choice.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Knightkore For This Useful Post:

Rutabaga (05-13-2022)

Alumni Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 60.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightkore View Post

i kinda agree,,,hiking SOUNDS like a intended hard physical act...but what it really is,,is just walking,,,useualy in a park, etc.

you could say i hike through the grocery store minus the backpack and gps.
    "The nose, knows"

"Negros were like animals and they turned the streets into jungles”
    joe biden.

T
    rump again 2024
    Do it for your children.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rutabaga For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (05-13-2022)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 23.0%

Thanks
    Come hike/walk with me it’s great exercise and nothing beats the beautiful outdoors. But be prepared it is absolutely a intended hard physical task, ain’t no fun otherwise.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crusader For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (05-13-2022),Rutabaga (05-13-2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Come hike/walk with me it’s great exercise and nothing beats the beautiful outdoors. But be prepared it is absolutely a intended hard physical task, ain’t no fun otherwise.

That looks like a cool area. I like rocks & stuff to hike on. Hiking on sand is harder.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Knightkore For This Useful Post:

Crusader (05-13-2022)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 26.0%

Thanks
    John Pinette was probably the most talented comedian that I've ever heard. I discovered him late in his career, but I can watch his video's over & over & laugh EVERY time!
    Last edited by Old Tex; 05-13-2022 at 07:37 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Old Tex For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (05-16-2022),Wilson2 (05-13-2022)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 23.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightkore View Post
    That looks like a cool area. I like rocks & stuff to hike on. Hiking on sand is harder.
    It’s very cool SE AZ, depends on the elevation, terrain and how much of it is uphill. Nice thing about sand is it’s usually relatively flat ground. Rocks mean mountains and mountains mean lots and long uphill climbs, that’s the killer.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Crusader For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (05-16-2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    It’s very cool SE AZ, depends on the elevation, terrain and how much of it is uphill. Nice thing about sand is it’s usually relatively flat ground. Rocks mean mountains and mountains mean lots and long uphill climbs, that’s the killer.
    https://www.cabq.gov/parksandrecreat...ional-monument

The Petroglyphs in Albuquerque is a cool place to hike but in the summer you better have sun protection. It is out in the open, no shade. Three rocky hills/mountains. My wife and I have made it up two. The final one is bigger & you're usually tired out from the first two to even attempt the highest one. Take lots of water. But it is great area to hike.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Knightkore For This Useful Post:

Crusader (05-16-2022)

running down a dream V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 40.0%

Thanks
    i found that hiking .. for me .. became very repetitious. trying to get to the trailheads was not very easy with the endless gravel forest roads. after you do the few good short hikes .. the trails become much longer and tougher and isolated. and it is all weather dependent.
    "Convincing people that they live in a democracy is a lot of work .. like pumping air into an inner tube with a leak. America is no more a democracy than it is a potted plant." - Fred Reed

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ruthless terrier For This Useful Post:

Crusader (05-16-2022),Knightkore (05-16-2022)

Thread Information