User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Saying Hello

Alumni Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranSocialTagger Second ClassOverdrive
    Overall activity: 46.0%

Thanks
    welcome

2. The Following User Says Thank You to East of the Beast For This Useful Post:

sunnysoul (05-03-2022)

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 39.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnysoul View Post
    I know that I joined a few weeks ago now and so it's probably a little late to do an introduction thread, but here you go anyway.

Since this is a political opinion website, I guess the main point would be to share that my political beliefs tend to be moderate republican/conservative. One of the main deal breakers for me when it comes to supporting or voting for someone is if that politician is pro-abortion or pro-life. If they don't value the life of a baby within the womb then they probably also don't hold many of the other values that I have, and so that's my biggest deal breaker. If they have a good track record of being pro-life and a person of faith, then I can hear the rest of their platform and ideas.

When it comes to some other hot button political issues such as guns, I am pro-2nd amendment, however, I will freely admit that I am not a big fan of guns and the gun culture we have, and I do support some moderate gun control laws, but I don't judge or blame people for feeling like they need a gun or if they buy one. I disagree with big tax and spend dependent policies like universal healthcare, free college, loan forgiveness, and similar issues; however, I do firmly believe that both healthcare and college education desperately need attention as they are both unsustainable in their current form. With regards to the current trends and agendas being pushed by many in the LGBTQ community, and many on the left's attempts to redefine gender and sexuality and to change what it means to be a woman, I very much disagree with those trends, and I firmly disagree with the direction of youth and college women's sports allow biological men to compete, especially as a former college athlete myself.

I'm sure as time goes on I'll give my opinions and thoughts on other topics as well as they come up. As for me personally I'm 31, female, happily married, and was born and raised on Long Island, NY. I also love sports, and I'm a big Mets and Islanders fan. Thank you for having me.
    You sound a fine, rational, insightful person. Welcome to the forum. But even if I did not agree with you - WELCOME to the forum.
    I am Irish, currently in UK.

“The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal.” – Aristotle

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dubler9 For This Useful Post:

sunnysoul (03-20-2022)

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points
    Overall activity: 11.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnysoul View Post
    I know that I joined a few weeks ago now and so it's probably a little late to do an introduction thread, but here you go anyway.

Since this is a political opinion website, I guess the main point would be to share that my political beliefs tend to be moderate republican/conservative. One of the main deal breakers for me when it comes to supporting or voting for someone is if that politician is pro-abortion or pro-life. If they don't value the life of a baby within the womb then they probably also don't hold many of the other values that I have, and so that's my biggest deal breaker. If they have a good track record of being pro-life and a person of faith, then I can hear the rest of their platform and ideas.

When it comes to some other hot button political issues such as guns, I am pro-2nd amendment, however, I will freely admit that I am not a big fan of guns and the gun culture we have, and I do support some moderate gun control laws, but I don't judge or blame people for feeling like they need a gun or if they buy one. I disagree with big tax and spend dependent policies like universal healthcare, free college, loan forgiveness, and similar issues; however, I do firmly believe that both healthcare and college education desperately need attention as they are both unsustainable in their current form. With regards to the current trends and agendas being pushed by many in the LGBTQ community, and many on the left's attempts to redefine gender and sexuality and to change what it means to be a woman, I very much disagree with those trends, and I firmly disagree with the direction of youth and college women's sports allow biological men to compete, especially as a former college athlete myself.

I'm sure as time goes on I'll give my opinions and thoughts on other topics as well as they come up. As for me personally I'm 31, female, happily married, and was born and raised on Long Island, NY. I also love sports, and I'm a big Mets and Islanders fan. Thank you for having me.
    Greetings. I see that you are pro-life, anti-abortion. You have a right to such opinions concerning yourself. But nobody else. How does that fit into your "morality." Also, are you into that whole Soylent Green thing? Because that is where your views are heading. There is a lot of starvation going on in the world. There are over 7 billion people on the planet. You think forcing people to have children they don't want is the answer? Think again.

Russian chauvinist Forum Donor Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassOverdrive1 year registeredSocial
    Awards:
    King of Publishing
    Overall activity: 73.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by armoredsole View Post
    Greetings. I see that you are pro-life, anti-abortion. You have a right to such opinions concerning yourself. But nobody else. How does that fit into your "morality." Also, are you into that whole Soylent Green thing? Because that is where your views are heading. There is a lot of starvation going on in the world. There are over 7 billion people on the planet. You think forcing people to have children they don't want is the answer? Think again.
    Oh dear.
    Let em come, we are Millwall!
    The revolution will be televised, and fueled by junk food

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Authentic For This Useful Post:

Brat (05-03-2022),OneDumbBlonde (05-03-2022)

V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 72.0%

Thanks
    Welcome @sunnysoul ! Glad you're here.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jen For This Useful Post:

BooBoo (05-10-2022),sunnysoul (05-03-2022)

ADMIN IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Overall activity: 48.0%

Thanks
    Here we go...
    “For all those Washington insider elite bed wetters whose feelings I hurt: here’s some free advice. Go buy yourself an emotional support pony.” -Sen John Kennedy

“Dearest fascist Germany, dear oppressive structure, dear courts, The time will come when we will catch you fascists, and I will not do it personally; it will happen automatically.” – Nina Maleika

Forum rules: HERE

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Trinnity For This Useful Post:

Authentic (05-03-2022),BooBoo (05-03-2022),Conservative Libertarian (05-10-2022),Physics Hunter (05-04-2022),ruthless terrier (05-02-2022)

running down a dream V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 57.0%

Thanks
    i'm a Rays fan but looks like the Yankees are having a good year so far. not sure how the Mets are doing. happy Monday.
    "A ship in port is safe but that's not what ships are built for. Sail out to sea and do new things."

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ruthless terrier For This Useful Post:

BooBoo (05-03-2022),Northern Rivers (05-02-2022)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless terrier View Post
    i'm a Rays fan but looks like the Yankees are having a good year so far. not sure how the Mets are doing. happy Monday.
    Mets are first in their division right now. Where they will be going into September is typically the more important and frustrating question.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnysoul For This Useful Post:

BooBoo (05-03-2022)

V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 72.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by armoredsole View Post

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jen For This Useful Post:

BooBoo (05-03-2022),Conservative Libertarian (05-10-2022)

Away V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 23.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Rivers View Post
    Welcome. 31!!! Yikes, I have shirts older than that!
    I have a hacksaw blade older than that.

Hello and welcome to the best forum in town.
    RIP Wes.

Thread Information