User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A cool video about the universe and gravity

Alumni, Moderator Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteranYour first Group
    Overall activity: 7.0%

Thanks

A cool video about the universe and gravity

I enjoyed this easy to follow video of some really complex theories and realities about gravity and the universe.

DuckDuckGo is a leftist, Soros sponsored and financial contributor to the collective left. They are the proverbial wolf in sheeps clothing. They present themselves as an option away from the corrupt Google, when in fact...they are only a contrived option that really just gives money, and takes money from our ideological enemies. Qwant appears to be an option. Spread the word.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Canadianeye For This Useful Post:

Big Bird (01-15-2022),Conservative Libertarian (01-14-2022),MisterVeritis (01-14-2022),nonsqtr (01-15-2022)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocial
    Overall activity: 23.0%

Thanks
    Curiosity Stream does some quite good videos in explaining stuff from scratch
    I declare that the entire content and attachments of any and all of my posts are for the purposes of personal entertainment, and that I do not vouch for the veracity of the content. Neither do I care if you doubt my sources. That's your prerogative, but not my concern.

DO NOT POST COVID,VACCINE, or 5G BOLLOX IN MY THREADS. TAKE IT TO THE COVID FORUM. -----------------------------------------------------------
    REMEMBER: Xenophobia Can Save Lives!

ADMIN IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Overall activity: 32.0%

Thanks
    You know, I always say to my husband "the most important thing in the universe is gravity, because w/o it, nothing works".

Alumni Member & VIP Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 59.0%

Thanks
    Still getting duplicate posts because if slow response...
    Last edited by nonsqtr; 01-15-2022 at 01:14 AM.
    Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind. - John Donne, Meditation XVII

We must all hang together, or most assuredly, we shall all hang separately. - Ben Franklin, upon signing the Declaration of Independence

For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be brought to light. Luke 8:17

Thanks
    There is no gravity in the absence of mass, is that correct?

"Gravity" is a side effect from things that already have the strong force?

I'm just starting to study QCD, it's pretty interesting. When you pull two electrons apart, it gets easier as they get farther apart. But when you pull two quarks apart, the force doesn't change with distance. (or at least, not as much). Which is a little bit weird - a force that doesn't care how far away it is from something. Gravity cares, electricity cares, but quarks don't.
    Last edited by nonsqtr; 01-15-2022 at 01:04 AM.
    Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind. - John Donne, Meditation XVII

We must all hang together, or most assuredly, we shall all hang separately. - Ben Franklin, upon signing the Declaration of Independence

For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be brought to light. Luke 8:17

Thanks
    Hm. So there are kinda two theories of gravity. One of them is string theory. M-theory has some very serious problems, my take on it so far is it only seems to work because it's complex enough (if you get enough combinations you can explain just about anything). However conceptually it offers a lot of good ideas. Gravity-wise, the main problem with it is the practitioners can't explain the cosmological constant. (Poor misguided practitioners, ha ha).

The other theory of gravity is called Loop Quantum Gravity, and it's much more quantum in nature, as distinct from cosmological. LQG is very promising, in my opinion. It also has some very serious problems, but it looks at things like masses entangling with photons, which string theory can't touch yet.

I'm a big fan of loops. Loops are not strings, they're something different - but - they obviously look a lot like a closed string. Loops make up what they call the "fundamental group" of any compact manifold. Using loops you can create the entire geometry AND the Clifford algebra that supports the spin structure.

In the string picture spacetime is smooth and it's "deformed" by gravity (which is pretty much the same as the Einstein picture in general relativity). In the loop picture spacetime is chunky and it's all about the rules that relate the chunks. The big advantage of discrete systems is they make the math a LOT easier, and at the end you can consider the limits.

Anyway, there's some noise that M and LQG may actually be the same thing. There's a guy named Maldacena who came up with a clever correspondence between what happens inside the universe and what happens at its boundary, and the dumbass physicists are complaining that it only works for negative cosmological constants.

And meanwhile there's a group in Switzerland that's extended LQG to 12 dimensions and claims it's fully compatible with M-theory. Which should make the physicists very happy because it means they're on the right track.

My observation is, one can not explain spacetime by describing objects "within" spacetime. Right now the physicists are trying to tell us the whole universe depends on mysterious aethers called "fields", for example there's an electron "field" and a photon "field" and presumably a gravitational "field" as well. (I'm still trying to figure out how many fields are in the nucleus, they have quarks and gluons and weird little things called mesons... dunno yet).

There is no evidence that any of these fields mysteriously "appeared" at any point during the history of the universe. At this point it's all conjecture, for all anyone knows they've always been here and always will be.

My current question is whether they're orthogonal. For example when an electron emits a photon there is an interaction between the electron field and the photon field. Is that a direct or indirect interaction, or both? My observation is, the interaction is nonlinear and becomes even more so at high field strength, so I say both.

And when gravity bends light, the same question applies. If the field hypothesis is correct there must be an interaction between the gravitational field and the photon field. Because a photon has no mass, it "shouldn't" be affected by gravity. But it is.

But it's a lot weirder than that. Accelerating charges radiate light (photons), according to Larmor's formula. But this doesn't happen in a gravitational field, instead the light "bends" (changes its path). So acceleration is not at all the same as gravity, it just has some of the same downstream effects on our perceptions and our measurements.

The relativistic version of Larmor is called Lienard-Weichert. Larmor explains why antennas work (because the transmitter power accelerates the electrons therefore they radiate). Lienard-Weichert explains what happens when the antenna is on an accelerating spaceship. Neither explains why the charges won't radiate all by themselves in the Earth's gravitational field.
    Last edited by nonsqtr; 01-15-2022 at 06:31 AM.

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocial
    Overall activity: 23.0%

Thanks
    Stings are good. M theory is better. But Twistors are the nuts and bolts

General functions in twistor space have been demonstrated to create wave functions for photons, neutrinos and gravitons.

The forces between particles - gauge fields - are in effect gauge transformations in spacetime . R S Ward added another structure to the twistor, the fibre bundle. Ward showed the gauge transformation in spacetime effectively mixes up the fibre bundle, but in a specific order. In effect , the encoding of the fibres in twistor space is the gauge field of spacetime. So any field, such as electromagnetism, which can be treated as a guage field, is simple a fibre bundle sequence that is preserved by twistor transformations. It shows there's this deep interconnectivity between Spacetime, quantum space and twistor space.
    I declare that the entire content and attachments of any and all of my posts are for the purposes of personal entertainment, and that I do not vouch for the veracity of the content. Neither do I care if you doubt my sources. That's your prerogative, but not my concern.

DO NOT POST COVID,VACCINE, or 5G BOLLOX IN MY THREADS. TAKE IT TO THE COVID FORUM. -----------------------------------------------------------
    REMEMBER: Xenophobia Can Save Lives!

Thanks
    Hm. Now you piqued my curiosity. I know a bit about fibre bundles. What is the "ordering" you speak of? Is it indexing or a direction of travel?

And a quickie question about Twistor theory, does it automatically separate the gauge fields? As near as I can tell right now, the gauge fields are required to preserve certain desirable symmetries. But I'm looking at QCD and the Standard Model right now, I count 12 gauge bosons (photon, 8 gluons, and three weaks). In Twistor theory, how many gauge fields are under consideration?

The model I'm working towards, is an exchange model at the Planck level. My intuition says the principle of least action is equivalent to stochastic optimization (and indeed, wouldn't work any other way).

Thanks
    Hm. This is interesting, 12 places where gravity gets weird.

12 Bewildering Hills Where Gravity Seems to Work in Reverse - Atlas Obscura Lists

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by UKSmartypants View Post
    Stings are good. M theory is better. But Twistors are the nuts and bolts

General functions in twistor space have been demonstrated to create wave functions for photons, neutrinos and gravitons.

The forces between particles - gauge fields - are in effect gauge transformations in spacetime . R S Ward added another structure to the twistor, the fibre bundle. Ward showed the gauge transformation in spacetime effectively mixes up the fibre bundle, but in a specific order. In effect , the encoding of the fibres in twistor space is the gauge field of spacetime. So any field, such as electromagnetism, which can be treated as a guage field, is simple a fibre bundle sequence that is preserved by twistor transformations. It shows there's this deep interconnectivity between Spacetime, quantum space and twistor space.
    Too many wards. RS Ward, not JC Ward.

Did you know there's a spinor neuron?

There's a quaternion neuron too

Basically any Clifford algebra can be mapped into a neural network. All these:

Thread Information