User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sigh, so long Fox News, good riddence

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 56.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by crcook84 View Post
    Depending on if the channel is a broadcast network or a broadcast syndicate, they may or may not have control over what ads are being broadcast. There are the ads that the network expects to be broadcast as part of a deal the main network has. Then, the local stations have obligations to whatever local company they made a deal with. So, it wouldn't be a surprise to me if you saw Democrat and Republican propaganda being broadcast on the same channel on FOX or left-leaning MSM.
    When the wife first went ballistic over this, I told her that they have to run political ads regardless of which party. But what I saw isn't a political ad per se. It doesn't promote any democrat that I saw it is just a misinformation hit piece.
    Bonum est Deus.

Alumni Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveSocialVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 11.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Freewill View Post
    Here's the problem, for me. I cut the cord and stream everything. All my streaming devices do not have an APP for OAN, at least that I have found. Same with Newsmax and rumble.

I guess maybe I could jail break the Amazon Fire and get OAN but I have not tried.

So, so if anyone knows how I can get OAN or Rumble using a fire stick, Peacock or PS4 let me know.
    I get OAN on DirecTV, but my main issue with them is they really only have an hour or two of news all day and keep repeating the same thing over and over. Their evening hosts are frankly pretty boring with the exception of Natalie Harp. My problem with her is she worked for Trump which is fine, but she keeps blowing the Trump horn which is yesterdays news.

With pro-vax Newsmax being Fox-lite, there just isn't much on the tube for conservatives.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kodiak For This Useful Post:

Big Bird (01-14-2022)

Thanks
    Thank you for the information. I am now going to show my ignorance. As I see it the links you gave are for over the internet. So, it is easy using my PC to open OAN, I do it every day. But my TV is attached to a streaming device. I guess I will spend some time and try and figure out how I can go on the Internet and make bookmarks to see OAN, Rumble and Newsmax.
    Bonum est Deus.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Freewill For This Useful Post:

Conservative Libertarian (01-13-2022)

Alumni Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:

Thanks
    @Freewill when we were living in our RV while our home was being built, I used this link to watch OAN streaming...

https://usnewson.com/watch/oann-live-stream

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kodiak For This Useful Post:

Freewill (01-13-2022)

*-->Ultra-MAGA<--* Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 10.0%

Thanks
    Thank you for the information. I am now going to show my ignorance. As I see it the links you gave are for over the internet. So, it is easy using my PC to open OAN, I do it every day. But my TV is attached to a streaming device. I guess I will spend some time and try and figure out how I can go on the Internet and make bookmarks to see OAN, Rumble and Newsmax.
    What I did was connect my TV as a monitor to a computer and then use the TV's remote to switch back and forth between sources.
    A flag worth dying for is a flag worth protecting.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Big Bird For This Useful Post:

Conservative Libertarian (01-13-2022),East of the Beast (01-13-2022),Freewill (01-13-2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    What I did was connect my TV as a monitor to a computer and then use the TV's remote to switch back and forth between sources.
    Now there's something I can do. Thanks
    Bonum est Deus.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Freewill For This Useful Post:

Brat (01-14-2022),Conservative Libertarian (01-13-2022)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 83.0%

Thanks
    Maybe Fox as a company has become woke and lean left but by watching the on-air personalities, I would say they are definitely right leaning.
    Fox promotes fair and balanced. If it rejects the left, it is fair but not balanced. MSNBC and the rest of the clown shows only accept the Democrats.
    When I die, please do not count my vote for Democrats.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Robert For This Useful Post:

Freewill (01-15-2022)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 83.0%

Thanks
    Now there's something I can do. Thanks
    I have a 65" flat screen that is both my TV plus the monitor. Works excellent.
    When I die, please do not count my vote for Democrats.

Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class3 months registered
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Thanks
    Many of the ads on Fox and other channels are for local businesses, so it is possible that some ads are beyond Fox's control.

I think Tucker, Hannity, Laura Ingraham and Gutfeld are right-leaning and worth watching. Only issue I have with Hannity is too much repetition, he talks over guests too much, and has some RINOs. So I end up watching only a small part of his program.

The major thing that Fox did to annoy those of us on the right was in 2020 to call AZ too soon and FL too late, many of us think for partisan reasons. But in their defense, they did fire the culprit in charge of that, the Grinning Jackass, aka Chris Stirewalt.

I'll watch those few Fox programs, but also OANN and Newsmax. The main issue I have with all three are the MyPillow commercials every 7.5 minutes. He's a good guy but all the commercials are like Chinese Water Torture - oops I mean Asian Water Torture hehe. That's why I always record and skip through all commercials and talking heads I want to skip.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to APatriot For This Useful Post:

Brat (01-14-2022),Freewill (01-13-2022),Kodiak (01-13-2022)

Alumni Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by APatriot View Post
    Many of the ads on Fox and other channels are for local businesses, so it is possible that some ads are beyond Fox's control.

I think Tucker, Hannity, Laura Ingraham and Gutfeld are right-leaning and worth watching. Only issue I have with Hannity is too much repetition, he talks over guests too much, and has some RINOs. So I end up watching only a small part of his program.

The major thing that Fox did to annoy those of us on the right was in 2020 to call AZ too soon and FL too late, many of us think for partisan reasons. But in their defense, they did fire the culprit in charge of that, the Grinning Jackass, aka Chris Stirewalt.

I'll watch those few Fox programs, but also OANN and Newsmax. The main issue I have with all three are the MyPillow commercials every 7.5 minutes. He's a good guy but all the commercials are like Chinese Water Torture - oops I mean Asian Water Torture hehe. That's why I always record and skip through all commercials and talking heads I want to skip.
    You sound like me with Fox and Hannity.

On Fox here in Arizona we get Balance of Nature ads relentessly every commercial break, only a few My Pillow ads. OAN obviously needs a lot of revenue, so I welcome any ads on that network.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kodiak For This Useful Post:

APatriot (01-13-2022),Brat (01-14-2022)

Thread Information