User Tag List

Thread: COPYRIGHTS AND FAIR USE LAW

ADMIN IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Overall activity: 92.0%

Thanks

COPYRIGHTS AND FAIR USE LAW

I have to remind people once again. Limit your OP's to 3 paragraphs of copied articles.

Unless it's in the public domain like legal documents or the Bible or Shakespeare (these are examples) - they're Copyrighted.

Also, you MUST have a proper link.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Trinnity For This Useful Post:

BooBoo (01-12-2022),Conservative Libertarian (01-12-2022),foggy (06-17-2022),Hairball (03-12-2022),Thom Paine (03-11-2022)

ADMIN IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran

Thanks
    We've been cautioning the members for literally months about FAIR USE LAW which governs copyright violations. It MUST be obeyed. It's a legal matter we have no say in. People can be sued and/or the site forced to close.

I've found instances of people cramming multiple paragraphs into "three" paragraphs. I've seen people post more of the article in their post #2. I'll accept that if it's (again) a very very small portion. Posting in a way that gets around the law is still violating the law.

The infractions will increase if people continue to waste mod staff's time fixing OPs and explaining over and over and over about Fair Use Law. We volunteer our time, and patience (mine) is out.

Repeat offenders will get site-wide bans that progress from short (one day) to permanent.
    Last edited by Trinnity; 03-08-2022 at 12:03 PM.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trinnity For This Useful Post:

BooBoo (03-08-2022),Hairball (03-12-2022),Jen (03-08-2022),Thom Paine (03-11-2022)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredRecommendation Second ClassTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Not a kidding matter here it is something all forum owners have to face is to make sure Copyright laws are being properly addressed even small errors can be disastrous.

Why is it so hard for anyone to understand what she is talking about?

THREE PARAGRAPHS is a reasonable rule why not post a comment over THAT instead of encroaching the writers' legal rights with additional paragraphs that will get you in big trouble?

I see a lot of times the "meat" of the article is in the middle out of reach of the legal excerpt range, but you can easily encourage readers to read the article itself with your initial comment you made to start the post that can whet their appetite for more information.

I will tell you this from PERSONAL experience as a blog Moderator since I was involved in it by saying a very large newspaper sent a BIG legal threat in an e-mail over an article that was a little vague on who wrote the section starting the blog entry which cause the blog owner to backtrack by removing the article from public view, he wasn't allowed to make a tiny correction at all.

The author who wrote the idiotic article was angered because she didn't like how her poorly written garbage was being savaged by numerous comments exposing truck wide holes in her story.

The point is even small very small errors on posting copyrighted article can still bring on a huge legal threat which is why Trinnity is rightfully unhappy with many here over it.

Please respect the rules.
    Last edited by Sunsettommy; 03-08-2022 at 05:25 PM.
    IPCC TAR Chapter 14 Page 773 Paragraph 14.2.2 Predictability in a Chaotic System

In climate research and modelling, we should recognise that we are dealing with a coupled non-linear chaotic system, and therefore that the long-term prediction of future climate states is not possible.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunsettommy For This Useful Post:

Hairball (03-12-2022)

ADMIN IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:

Thanks
    If the dems aren't rebuked bigly and lose a lot of seats this Fall, conservative leaning websites will probably all disappear as free speech is strangled.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trinnity For This Useful Post:

BooBoo (03-08-2022),Hairball (03-12-2022)

Dust Collector Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger Second ClassYour first GroupVeteran

Thanks
    I'll make sure anything I post from another source will be done properly.
    Don't make old people mad. The older we get, the less "life in prison" is a deterrent.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hairball For This Useful Post:

OldSchool (03-12-2022)

Free Bird Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 37.0%

Thanks
    I'm actually not worried about my free speech being impaired, but sometimes we have to play within the rules. As long as sites like this and the conservative news radio programs I listen too exist..... we'll be fine.

Also and BTW: If a person can't relate, or pose, a topic and create interest within the current rules..... nobody gives a shit, or you're doing something wrong.
    We're not in Kansas anymore

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OldSchool For This Useful Post:

Hairball (03-13-2022),Sunsettommy (03-13-2022)

Free Bird Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 37.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairball View Post
    I'll make sure anything I post from another source will be done properly.
    I'll believe you when you post more often.

I joke. Good to see you @Hairball
    We're not in Kansas anymore

14. The Following User Says Thank You to OldSchool For This Useful Post:

Hairball (03-13-2022)

Dust Collector Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger Second ClassYour first GroupVeteran

Thanks
    I'd love to post more. I wish I could, but my life isn't my own any more so it is what it is.
    Don't make old people mad. The older we get, the less "life in prison" is a deterrent.

Thread Information