User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Evidence for the Creator: This forum

  1. #1
    Really that dumb Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassOverdrive1 year registered
    Awards:
    King of Publishing
    Overall activity: 99.6%

    Authentic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    19,353
    Thanks
    8,720
    Thanked: 14,827
    Rep Power
    21474857

    Evidence for the Creator: This forum

    Q: Did this forum create itself?

    A: No.
    Free as f---

    Let em come, we are Millwall!

  2. #2
    Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialYour first Group1 year registeredRecommendation Second ClassTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 41.0%

    Physics Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    8,351
    Thanks
    5,264
    Thanked: 9,833
    Rep Power
    17451998
    A 277th dimensional manifold was waiving in the wind (don't ask what wind or where it came from) and touched a folded surface and this Forum merely popped into existence.

    However, it clearly evolved from other Forums where the rules/mods... were not fit for long term survival. Perhaps they had beaks that were too short?

    Scientist, Evangelical Christian - reformed, father, entrepreneur, hunter, outdoorsman, motorcyclist, Constitutional Conservative.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Physics Hunter For This Useful Post:

    Authentic (01-14-2022),Quark (01-13-2022)

  4. #3
    Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Overall activity: 44.0%

    patrickt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Posts
    38,130
    Thanks
    5,654
    Thanked: 30,793
    Rep Power
    21474884
    Quote Originally Posted by Authentic View Post
    Q: Did this forum create itself?

    A: No.
    That's typical of what nitwits consider evidence.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to patrickt For This Useful Post:

    Quark (01-14-2022)

  6. #4
    Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 8.0%

    SharetheHedge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    12,733
    Thanks
    3,515
    Thanked: 12,855
    Rep Power
    18445884
    Quote Originally Posted by Authentic View Post
    Q: Did this forum create itself?

    A: No.

    The conclusion of alien life forms,upon becoming aware of this forum, would be that it was created by ALIENS.

    ...and they would be RIGHT.
    "Two possibilities exist - either we are alone in the universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying. (Arthur C. Clarke)

    "I do not object to the concept of a deity but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance" (Amy Farrah Fowler)

    "Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society." ​(Anon.)

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to SharetheHedge For This Useful Post:

    Quark (01-14-2022)

  8. #5
    Really that dumb Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassOverdrive1 year registered
    Awards:
    King of Publishing
    Overall activity: 99.6%

    Authentic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    19,353
    Thanks
    8,720
    Thanked: 14,827
    Rep Power
    21474857
    Quote Originally Posted by SharetheHedge View Post
    The conclusion of alien life forms,upon becoming aware of this forum, would be that it was created by ALIENS.

    ...and they would be RIGHT.
    We are only aliens relative to their referent.
    Last edited by Authentic; 01-14-2022 at 11:59 AM.
    Free as f---

    Let em come, we are Millwall!

  9. #6
    Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 59.0%

    Quark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    39,408
    Thanks
    84,071
    Thanked: 41,660
    Rep Power
    21474882
    Quote Originally Posted by SharetheHedge View Post
    The conclusion of alien life forms,upon becoming aware of this forum, would be that it was created by ALIENS.

    ...and they would be RIGHT.
    Yup!

  10. #7
    Alumni Member & VIP Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 59.0%

    nonsqtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    38,863
    Thanks
    16,652
    Thanked: 42,652
    Rep Power
    21474882
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    That's typical of what nitwits consider evidence.
    Lack of evidence does not constitute evidence.
    Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind. - John Donne, Meditation XVII

    We must all hang together, or most assuredly, we shall all hang separately. - Ben Franklin, upon signing the Declaration of Independence

    For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be brought to light. Luke 8:17

  11. #8
    Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Overall activity: 44.0%

    patrickt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Posts
    38,130
    Thanks
    5,654
    Thanked: 30,793
    Rep Power
    21474884
    Quote Originally Posted by nonsqtr View Post
    Lack of evidence does not constitute evidence.
    True, but lack of evidence can negate a spurious claim.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to patrickt For This Useful Post:

    Quark (01-15-2022)

  13. #9
    Really that dumb Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassOverdrive1 year registered
    Awards:
    King of Publishing
    Overall activity: 99.6%

    Authentic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    19,353
    Thanks
    8,720
    Thanked: 14,827
    Rep Power
    21474857
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    True, but lack of evidence can negate a spurious claim.
    You claim that there is lack of evidence that this forum was created by an intelligent being?
    Free as f---

    Let em come, we are Millwall!

  14. #10
    Alumni Member & VIP Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 59.0%

    nonsqtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    38,863
    Thanks
    16,652
    Thanked: 42,652
    Rep Power
    21474882
    Quote Originally Posted by Authentic View Post
    You claim that there is lack of evidence that this forum was created by an intelligent being?
    There is a small but significant probability that this forum is actually in a distant galaxy somewhere.
    Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind. - John Donne, Meditation XVII

    We must all hang together, or most assuredly, we shall all hang separately. - Ben Franklin, upon signing the Declaration of Independence

    For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be brought to light. Luke 8:17

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to nonsqtr For This Useful Post:

    Quark (01-15-2022)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •