User Tag List

Thread: Andrew Weissmann, scum...

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Overall activity: 35.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks

Andrew Weissmann, scum...

"Nearly four months ago, Houston-based attorney Kevin Fulton filed, on my behalf, a motion to unseal records in a case headed by Andrew Weissmann, who is now a member of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s team. Late Thursday, a federal district court judge in Texas granted (with one exception), the motion to unseal, making some of those documents publicly available for the first time.

"The sealed records involved the Enron case Weissmann oversaw prior to his abrupt departure from the Enron Task Force in the middle of jury deliberations. Given Weissmann’s current role as Mueller’s “pit bull,” revisiting the allegations of misconduct leveled against the prosecutor—with the benefit of the entire unsealed record—promotes transparency and the public’s interest in trusting the integrity of the special counsel’s team.

"The now unsealed records expose efforts by Weissmann, and the Enron Task Force he led, to intimidate witnesses and to interfere in the attorney-client relationship of a cooperating witness. Several affidavits unsealed last week catalogued veiled threats made to witnesses the Enron defendants sought to interview. However, because many of the attorneys would speak only off the record to Enron’s attorneys, the courts refused to consider the affidavits sufficient to prove prosecutorial misconduct.

"Two attorneys, however, were willing to testify. In a just-unsealed affidavit, one lawyer stated that an FBI agent working for the Enron Task Force overseen by Weissmann warned his client against talking to the Enron defense team because “those are bad guys.” The second attorney stated that an FBI agent had made veiled threats against his client in a separate Enron trial."
    Explosive New Docs Reveal Weissmann’s Misconduct In Enron Case

Intimidating witnesses is not some rare, aberration. Most people learned about it with Mike Nifong but it's distressingly common. Lawyers refusing to testify against other lawyers is part of their ethical code.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patrickt For This Useful Post:

Camp (12-03-2021),ruthless terrier (12-03-2021)

Alumni Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First ClassSocial
    Overall activity: 41.0%

Thanks
    When the Mueller report came out, my first thought was that if Mr Weissmann didn't "find" it, it wasn't there. Not even a smidgen of evidence that could be exploited by the corrupt prosecutors.

How come we all know so many names of corrupt prosecutors, but not so many good prosecutors? Even in my podunk little county, the prosecutors seem to play favorites, or at least that is the impression people have. I have a friend they still try to harass, even tho he moved a hundred miles away, just to get away from the harassment. The only prosecutor I personally know and trust is in Tazewell County IL.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dinosaur For This Useful Post:

Sunsettommy (12-03-2021)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Overall activity: 35.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
    When the Mueller report came out, my first thought was that if Mr Weissmann didn't "find" it, it wasn't there. Not even a smidgen of evidence that could be exploited by the corrupt prosecutors.

How come we all know so many names of corrupt prosecutors, but not so many good prosecutors? Even in my podunk little county, the prosecutors seem to play favorites, or at least that is the impression people have. I have a friend they still try to harass, even tho he moved a hundred miles away, just to get away from the harassment. The only prosecutor I personally know and trust is in Tazewell County IL.
    In 29 years I knew two assistant district attorneys who were absolutely honest.

Thread Information