User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Northern Ireland, shit may hit fan, sensational

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocial
    Overall activity: 25.0%

Thanks

Northern Ireland, shit may hit fan, sensational

A group of Northern Irish politicians have mounted a legal challenge to the Northern Ireland Protocol

What makes this sensational is they have used a 20 year old ruling that was used to crush a bunch of market traders and force them to sell in metric measure. They refused and were jailed, and were known as the metric martyrs. At the time the ruling was nothing short of a pack of legal chicanery and sharp practice

Thoburn vs Sunderland City Council 2000 was a prosecution of some Leicester market traders who persisted in selling goods in Imperial measure. Their defence lay in the supposed principle that the Weights and Measures Act 1985 (which allowed imperial measure) implicitly repealed the requirement in the European Communities Act 1972 to only sell in Metric as it was a more recent act.

In summing up, Laws L J (Lord Justice Laws ) established an astounding principle, never heard before. He stated there were three levels of law, at the bottom Common law, in the middle ordinary statute law, and on the top, constitutional law. He ruled the Weights and Measures Act was an ordinary statute and the earlier act was a constitutional law, and therefore could not be repealed by an ordinary statute. It was a load of made up bollox, there had never been three layers of law up to that point, all laws had been equal. He basically made up a legal principle on the spot, to help the europhiles win the case.

Exactly the same principle is now being applied here. The Act of Union 1800 is by the same argument, a Constitutional act, and cannot be implicitly repealed by the later NIP, which is an Appendix in effect to the European Withdrawal Act 2019, an ordinary statute. The Act of Union trumps it. Its sensational. I cant see how they can fail, this is precisely the same position as Thoburn 2000

The Europhiles might have belatedly shot themselves in the foot with this one!
    I declare that the entire content and attachments of any and all of my posts are for the purposes of personal entertainment, and that I do not vouch for the veracity of the content. Neither do I care if you doubt my sources. That's your prerogative, but not my concern.

DO NOT POST COVID,VACCINE, or 5G BOLLOX IN MY THREADS. TAKE IT TO THE COVID FORUM. -----------------------------------------------------------
    REMEMBER: Xenophobia Can Save Lives!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UKSmartypants For This Useful Post:

Neo (12-04-2021),WarriorRob (12-03-2021)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 52.0%

Thanks
    Does that mean that Northern Ireland will break away from Great Britain and go it alone?

Or does it mean that Northern Ireland will break away from Great Britain and join the Republic of Ireland?

Us Americans know nothing of the politics up there.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    Does that mean that Northern Ireland will break away from Great Britain and go it alone?

Or does it mean that Northern Ireland will break away from Great Britain and join the Republic of Ireland?

Us Americans know nothing of the politics up there.
    No it means the Withdrawal Act is illegal and invalid!

Therfore the trade deal we signed with the Eu is also technically illegal.

Many people may cheer this . Leaving without a deal, known as a WTO Exit , or No Deal brexit, is what a lot of people wanted It would result in us dealing with the Eu on plain basic WTO rules. This may or may not be a good thing, because it means we arent having to placxate the Eu and its rotten protectionaist rules.

NI on the other hand, it means something different. The whole point of the NIP was to cause political strife and trouble in Northern Ireland, and basically hive NI off from the UK/ So with no NIP, the Eu would demand a hard border. We arent going to put up a hard border, and if the south (ie the EU)does, the IRA will rearm and start leaving car bombs in Cork and Dublin. And maybe even Brussells

We dont care about the Irish smuggling stuff across the border, its gone on years, its never been a massive problem, but the Eu tried to make it so, to make it a stick to beat the UK with. The amount that gets smuggled is a drop in the ocean compared to the 1B trade we did with the Eu.

The Eu knew Ni was a delicate subject, you have two diametrically opposed sides, any decision will upset one or the other. The Good Friday Agreement, which brought peace, was only achieved by making massive concessions to the IRA. The NIP was designed to stir up trouble and hopefully, the Eu thought, gain power for them, make a weapon to beat the UK with.

The Eu did not negotiate the NIP in a spirit of friendship. They set out to be malevolent and mendacious, and to cause as much trouble as they could, because we dared to leave.
    I declare that the entire content and attachments of any and all of my posts are for the purposes of personal entertainment, and that I do not vouch for the veracity of the content. Neither do I care if you doubt my sources. That's your prerogative, but not my concern.

DO NOT POST COVID,VACCINE, or 5G BOLLOX IN MY THREADS. TAKE IT TO THE COVID FORUM. -----------------------------------------------------------

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to UKSmartypants For This Useful Post:

Canadianeye (12-03-2021),Oceander (12-03-2021),Quark (12-03-2021)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 52.0%

Thanks
    I take it @UKsamrtypants you are Northern Irish?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Quark For This Useful Post:

JMWinPR (12-04-2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    I take it @UKsamrtypants you are Northern Irish?

If you had paid any attention to my last 6000 posts youd know I was from Eastern England.....
    Last edited by UKSmartypants; 12-03-2021 at 03:56 PM.

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    Overall activity: 37.0%

Thanks
    UFC Connor McGregor wants Ireland to leave UK. I think most Irish would love to do just that.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WarriorRob View Post
    UFC Connor McGregor wants Ireland to leave UK. I think most Irish would love to do just that.
    Nah far from it, mate, you need to stop listening to delusional IRA supporters in the USA.

Ireland (that is, Eire, southern Ireland) isnt part of the United Kingdom. Its a separate sovereign country. The United Kingdom consists on England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, and in Eire the vast majority of the people are Catholic In Northern Ireland the vast majority of them are Protestant.

And thats the problem.

The protestants in Northern ireland, aka as the Loyalists, are loyal to the UK and object to any move that might give them a lesser equality in the UK, which they say thats what ther NIP does.

The catholics in Northern Ireland, aka Republicans, would like to unify Northern Ireland with the South, but thats never going to happen in a million years. The Good Friday Agreement was a compromise, whereby NI rules itself but the Catholics and Protestants share power.

Movement between Eire and UK has never been a problem, weve had an agreement for centuries regarding free movement between all 4 nations on the British isles/ The problems are because the EU doesnt want goods from the Uk finding there way into the EU Single Market, across the border . This is an entirely made up, fabricated nonsense , and designed to cause political trouble in UK. Its a trivial issue and has been for centuries.. The amount of stuff that's smuggled across the border is literally peanuts compared to the value of the Eu single market. The Irish EU lapdog made it an issue to please his Eu masters, in hope he'd get a cushy Eu job out of it.

Some of the Catholics in Southern Ireland would like Unification. The Irish Government would touch unification with a barge pole because of the can of sectarian worms it would open. And make no mistake, any attempt to remove NI from the Uk and join it with Eire will cause instant Civil War, and reignite the Troubles. And that is the problem with the NIP, that's precisely what it in effect does, it treats NI as part of Eire and not the UK, and thus threatens the delicate compromise that the Good Friday agreement is, and thats why the Protestants are trying to thwart the NIP in court with this ingenious argument. And the Eu purposely created this situation to cause political trouble in the UK, and possibly, they hoped, hive NI off for themselves to run. That is an outrageous idea, because NI is Sovereign UK territory.

Imagine if the US signed a trade agreement with Mexico that effectively gave the Mexicans administrative and legislative control over Texas? Would the american Republicans put up with that? I dont think so, and neither will the NI Protestants - or most of the English. And the real insult is Biden keeps sticking his nose in backing the EU, claiming its the UK causing the issues!! He needs to eff off, he clearly doesnt understand whats going on!!!
    Last edited by UKSmartypants; 12-04-2021 at 05:07 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to UKSmartypants For This Useful Post:

Quark (12-04-2021)

Political nihilist Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassOverdrive1 year registered
    Awards:
    King of Publishing
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Thanks
    Free the Six Counties!
    Free as f---

Let em come, we are Millwall!

Thanks
    The Six Counties are mainly protestant and DGAF about being 'free', they are quite happy being British........

Political nihilist Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassOverdrive1 year registered
    Awards:
    King of Publishing
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by UKSmartypants View Post
    The Six Counties are mainly protestant and DGAF about being 'free', they are quite happy being British........
    Ah, but you called them "The Six Counties". You are becoming a little more republican. Soon you will be calling it "the North of Ireland!"
    Free as f---

Let em come, we are Millwall!

Thread Information