User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do I tag a thread after I post it?

Truth Seeker, Alumni Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entryOverdrive
    Overall activity: 18.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadianeye View Post
    I just type in keywords no matter the thread title. Some members thread titles are not the name of the video or link offered etc, because they want to catch the eye of a reader.

I will type in a number of key words to cover all the bases for search engines to pick up on.

I think @potlatch gave up one of her secrets/pro tips for finding her posts using tags in the search feature, IIRC.
    Thank you for the mention Canadianeye.
    @donttread, Canadianeye was remembering that I said I put "potlatch" in my keywords so I can more easily find my own threads. Sometimes I find some really old ones and enjoy reading through them again. I also bookmark threads that are special to me.

One time I posted a thread and within a short time I went to google and found it at the very top of Google's first search page! It wasn't my 'name' that did it but the use of descriptive keywords that caught the eye of Google's Bots.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to potlatch For This Useful Post:

BooBoo (12-04-2021),donttread (12-03-2021),Trinnity (12-04-2021)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registeredTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 12.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by potlatch View Post
    Thank you for the mention Canadianeye.
    @donttread, Canadianeye was remembering that I said I put "potlatch" in my keywords so I can more easily find my own threads. Sometimes I find some really old ones and enjoy reading through them again. I also bookmark threads that are special to me.

One time I posted a thread and within a short time I went to google and found it at the very top of Google's first search page! It wasn't my 'name' that did it but the use of descriptive keywords that caught the eye of Google's Bots.
    Damn. Top of Google search list. You must of done a good job to be able to Google your treads.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

BooBoo (12-04-2021),potlatch (12-03-2021)

V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entryOverdrive

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    Damn. Top of Google search list. You must of done a good job to be able to Google your treads.
    I used to be good at posting 'Breaking News' stories and they have more chance of being listed fast. Obviously it was something of importance or it wouldn't have happened and I caught it at just the right time before it went right down the page. I 'may' have it bookmarked but I have so much saved now that it's a chore to find things. It was fun seeing it though.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to potlatch For This Useful Post:

BooBoo (12-04-2021)

Thanks
    I used to be good at posting 'Breaking News' stories and they have more chance of being listed fast. Obviously it was something of importance or it wouldn't have happened and I caught it at just the right time before it went right down the page. I 'may' have it bookmarked but I have so much saved now that it's a chore to find things. It was fun seeing it though.
    Anyway, I went back and tagged the last thread I made. Baby steps.

I tried a blog once and got good response from the few who stumbled into it but it was hard if not impossible to find it in a search. If it happened at all it was word for word which no one was going to do
    Last edited by donttread; 12-04-2021 at 07:09 AM.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

BooBoo (12-04-2021),Canadianeye (12-04-2021),potlatch (12-04-2021)

V.I.P
    Achievements:

Thanks
    Anyway, I went back and tagged the last thread I made. Baby steps.

I tried a blog once and got good response from the few who stumbled into it but it was hard if not impossible to find it in a search. If it happened at all it was word for word which no one was going to do
    I saw that you had tagged your thread the other day. Did you discover that if you scroll down the 'Last 24 Hrs' page you can put your cursor over all the tags and it will show what's in them?

It's probably pretty hard to get a Blog started and you have to keep at it for some time to attract attention. You also have to be interesting and have a lot of humor. I wouldn't be good at blogging as I'm too serious.

Years ago I became adept at HTML and made a lot of webpages for my Profile there when I was on Free Republic. You also need a lot of "keywords" in Blogs to attract attention. Over time there have been changes in HTML [hyper text markup language] and the music has stopped working in my webpages.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to potlatch For This Useful Post:

BooBoo (12-04-2021),donttread (12-04-2021)

Thanks
    I saw that you had tagged your thread the other day. Did you discover that if you scroll down the 'Last 24 Hrs' page you can put your cursor over all the tags and it will show what's in them?

It's probably pretty hard to get a Blog started and you have to keep at it for some time to attract attention. You also have to be interesting and have a lot of humor. I wouldn't be good at blogging as I'm too serious.

Years ago I became adept at HTML and made a lot of webpages for my Profile there when I was on Free Republic. You also need a lot of "keywords" in Blogs to attract attention. Over time there have been changes in HTML [hyper text markup language] and the music has stopped working in my webpages.
    Thanks and no i haven't done that yet but I will try. I tend to think about the issue behind the issue which is why I started the blog. You do have to be pretty prolific which is hard to keep up when no one is reading.LOL

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

BooBoo (12-04-2021),potlatch (12-04-2021)

V.I.P
    Achievements:

Thanks
    Thanks and no i haven't done that yet but I will try. I tend to think about the issue behind the issue which is why I started the blog. You do have to be pretty prolific which is hard to keep up when no one is reading.LOL
    That's true. I think I could only do it if I treated it somewhat more like a daily diary of the happenings in the world and in my own life. BUT, I seldom even go to my Facebook page anymore where my real life friends and relatives are, so......I probably wouldn't last long.
    Last edited by potlatch; 12-04-2021 at 05:50 PM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to potlatch For This Useful Post:

BooBoo (12-04-2021),donttread (12-04-2021)

* --> MAGA! <-- * Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Thanks
    I thought @Trinnity said not to tag anymore. Maybe I misunderstood. Maybe @Trinnity will check in on this.
    A flag worth dying for is a flag worth protecting.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Big Bird For This Useful Post:

BooBoo (12-04-2021)

Out and About...! Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 51.0%

Thanks
    This is a Thread about Tagging and the Only Tags are : booboo is it, tag you're it...!!!

from 2 Days ago...!!!
    Last edited by BooBoo; 12-04-2021 at 05:46 PM.
    "‘We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We’re going to live on! We’re going to survive!".

"Freedom is Never More than One Generation from Extinction... It Must Be Fought For, Protected and Handed On...
    WWJD...?!?

ADMIN IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Overall activity: 71.0%

Thanks
    That was a while back when I took the forum private for a while. Please do tag.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trinnity For This Useful Post:

Big Bird (12-04-2021),BooBoo (12-06-2021),donttread (12-04-2021)

Thread Information