Members banned from this thread: Wildrose

Page 1 of 12 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: RUST shooting - a bit more emerges

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocial
    Overall activity: 27.0%

Thanks

RUST shooting - a bit more emerges

Ok so it turns out the bullet that killed the girl was a hand made round. The source of this round was possibly the New Mexico armourer who supplied the movie with the guns and the ammo, and who used hand made rounds at a firing range to train actors how to use guns. Its conceivable that one or more of these hand made live rounds found its way onto the RUST set by accident.

Baldwin says he did not pull the trigger. He says he was simply holding the gun and it went off spontaneously.

This is all perfectly feasible.

Alec Baldwin will sit down for 'intense' and 'revealing' prime time interview' on Rust shooting | Daily Mail Online
    I declare that the entire content and attachments of any and all of my posts are for the purposes of personal entertainment, and that I do not vouch for the veracity of the content. Neither do I care if you doubt my sources. That's your prerogative, but not my concern.

DO NOT POST COVID,VACCINE, or 5G BOLLOX IN MY THREADS. TAKE IT TO THE COVID FORUM. -----------------------------------------------------------
    REMEMBER: Xenophobia Can Save Lives!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to UKSmartypants For This Useful Post:

Rutabaga (12-01-2021)

Post Review / PM Disabled Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Overall activity: 99.4%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by UKSmartypants View Post
    Ok so it turns out the bullet that killed the girl was a hand made round. The source of this round was possibly the New Mexico armourer who supplied the movie with the guns and the ammo, and who used hand made rounds at a firing range to train actors how to use guns. Its conceivable that one or more of these hand made live rounds found its way onto the RUST set by accident.

Baldwin says he did not pull the trigger. He says he was simply holding the gun and it went off spontaneously.

Alec Baldwin will sit down for 'intense' and 'revealing' prime time interview' on Rust shooting | Daily Mail Online
    Sorry but no neither is feasible. Rounds don't "accidentally" end up anywhere and no properly operating firearm will ever just "go off" without someone pulling the trigger.

This just sounds like Baldwin is playing the public and in denial of his own culpability and responsibility.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wildrose For This Useful Post:

Captain Kirk! (12-01-2021),dinosaur (12-01-2021),Hillofbeans (12-01-2021),MisterVeritis (12-01-2021),Mr. Claws (12-02-2021),Old Ridge Runner (12-02-2021),Quark (12-01-2021)

Leftists are scum V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassSocial
    Overall activity: 37.0%

Thanks

It's total bullshit. Guns just don't go off by themselves. Reloaded ammo behaves the same way store bought does, you have to pull the trigger to make it fire. Sounds to me like that armorer knows as much about guns as you do.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Captain Kirk! For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (12-01-2021),Mr. Claws (12-02-2021),Old Ridge Runner (12-02-2021),Quark (12-01-2021),WhoKnows (12-02-2021),WVYankee (12-01-2021)

Leftists are scum V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassSocial
    Overall activity: 37.0%

Thanks
    Breaking news:

Baldwin shows the media the homemade bullet was made out of stone knives and bear skins!

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Captain Kirk! For This Useful Post:

Mainecoons (12-01-2021),MisterVeritis (12-01-2021),Mr. Claws (12-02-2021),Old Ridge Runner (12-02-2021),Quark (12-01-2021),WVYankee (12-01-2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildrose View Post
    Sorry but no neither is feasible. Rounds don't "accidentally" end up anywhere and no properly operating firearm will ever just "go off" without someone pulling the trigger.

This just sounds like Baldwin is playing the public and in denial of his own culpability and responsibility.

I disagree. its perfectly feasible that incompetence on behalf of someone at the NM armourers mixed up live and dummies, and its entirely within the realm that old revolvers with slack mechanisms can go off accidentally if waved about, dropped or knocked, especially if the trigger is too sensitive.

A Colt's Single-Action Army or Frontier revolver was the model being used in Rust. No double-action revolver designed after 1900 will accidentally discharge, but a Colt's M1911 single-action semi-auto (or its clone) could, if its safety lever were already in the "off" position. Indeed, many single-action-with-safety semi-autos could, particularly a Russian Tokarev (which has no safety), as long as the gun's hammer were already cocked.

Consider:
    1. any revolver that has the firing pin as part of the hammer can be subject to possible discharge
    2. its also possible where the hammer has a little play in it in the cocked position, where you could actually push on hammer and it falls causing a discharge - all it needs is the hammer to disconnect from the trigger's shear engagement surface
    3. in single action mode with hammer cocked, the perfect angle of impact could actually force the trigger back to actually fire the gun even with a safety transfer bar.

In 1992, there was a significant difference between revolvers and semi-autos when it comes to Accidental Discharges (AD). Revolvers ADs at 0.75 per 1000 verses semi-autos ADs at 14 per 1000.

This came to light in a NYPD discussion document about handguns for cops. https://www.ojp.gov/pdffiles1/Digiti...45560NCJRS.pdf
    Last edited by UKSmartypants; 12-01-2021 at 04:25 PM.
    I declare that the entire content and attachments of any and all of my posts are for the purposes of personal entertainment, and that I do not vouch for the veracity of the content. Neither do I care if you doubt my sources. That's your prerogative, but not my concern.

DO NOT POST COVID,VACCINE, or 5G BOLLOX IN MY THREADS. TAKE IT TO THE COVID FORUM. -----------------------------------------------------------

10. The Following User Says Thank You to UKSmartypants For This Useful Post:

Gator Monroe (12-01-2021)

Post Review / PM Disabled Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Overall activity: 99.4%

Thanks
    I disagree. its perfectly feasible that incompetence on behalf of someone at the NM armourers mixed up live and dummies, and its entirely within the realm that old revolvers with slack mechanisms can go off accidentally if waved about, dropped or knocked, especially if the trigger is too sensitive.

A Colt's Single-Action Army or Frontier revolver was the model being used in Rust. No double-action revolver designed after 1900 will accidentally discharge, but a Colt's M1911 single-action semi-auto (or its clone) could, if its safety lever were already in the "off" position. Indeed, many single-action-with-safety semi-autos could, particularly a Russian Tokarev (which has no safety), as long as the gun's hammer were already cocked.

Consider:
    1. any revolver that has the firing pin as part of the hammer can be subject to possible discharge
    2. its also possible where the hammer has a little play in it in the cocked position, where you could actually push on hammer and it falls causing a discharge - all it needs is the hammer to disconnect from the trigger's shear engagement surface
    3. in single action mode with hammer cocked, the perfect angle of impact could actually force the trigger back to actually fire the gun even with a safety transfer bar.
    No it simply is not possible, I don't know where you're getting your information but it's completely inaccurate.

Unless a gun is specifically modified to have a hair trigger that is so light it can be set off by jarring the weapon it simply cannot fire in such a manner.

Every new revolver made or sold in the US since the seventies is specifically designed so that they cannot be fired period without the trigger being pulled. They come with a sliding block that either completely prevents the trigger from engaging the firing pin or has a block that enables the transfer of energy to the block and then to the firing pin, the hammer itself never contacts either the round or firing pin directly.

Some antiques were indeed dangerous which is why they were modified over the years removing these accidental firings from being an issue.

You're a fifty years behind on your firearms tech.

Real firearms used on a movie set are also required to have a pin or other block on the barrel preventing a bullet from exiting the barrel if fired as well.

The series of happy accidents required for this to be an accidental shooting are simply not going to occur absent gross negligence or intent.

Baldwin is lying trying to pass on the responsibility to someone else.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wildrose For This Useful Post:

Captain Kirk! (12-01-2021),MisterVeritis (12-01-2021),Mr. Claws (12-02-2021),Old Ridge Runner (12-02-2021),Quark (12-01-2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildrose View Post
    No it simply is not possible, I don't know where you're getting your information but it's completely inaccurate.

Unless a gun is specifically modified to have a hair trigger that is so light it can be set off by jarring the weapon it simply cannot fire in such a manner.

Every new revolver made or sold in the US since the seventies is specifically designed so that they cannot be fired period without the trigger being pulled. They come with a sliding block that either completely prevents the trigger from engaging the firing pin or has a block that enables the transfer of energy to the block and then to the firing pin, the hammer itself never contacts either the round or firing pin directly.
    but thats the point. these were old revolvers
    Some antiques were indeed dangerous which is why they were modified over the years removing these accidental firings from being an issue.

You're a fifty years behind on your firearms tech.

Real firearms used on a movie set are also required to have a pin or other block on the barrel preventing a bullet from exiting the barrel if fired as well.
    clearly not in this case because its reported the guns were also used by the crew for target practice
    The series of happy accidents required for this to be an accidental shooting are simply not going to occur absent gross negligence or intent.

Baldwin is lying trying to pass on the responsibility to someone else.

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 53.0%

Thanks

No offense intended or implied but I do realize being English you know very little about firearms especially single action handguns.

The type of single action revolver that Baldwin is alleged to have used does not go off by itself without pulling the hammer back and then pulling the trigger. Now a Colt single action or Colt clone single action will fire if all six chambers in the cylinder are loaded with live ammo and the revolver is dropped on the ground and the hammer strikes the ground even with the hammer not cocked because the firing pin in the hammer is resting on a live round of ammo in the chamber. Hence, the reason for what's called the cowboy load in Colt and Colt clone single actions. In these types of single action revolvers you load only five rounds leaving the six chamber empty and rest the hammer on the empty chamber.

Baldwin is a rabid anti-gunner and an idiot to boot who should never ever be around any kind of firearm. He knows zilch about firearms and if anyone should ever be denied his constitutional rights to own or use a firearm he should be the poster child.

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Quark For This Useful Post:

covfefe saved us (12-01-2021),Hillofbeans (12-01-2021),MedicineBow (12-02-2021),Mr. Claws (12-02-2021),Old Ridge Runner (12-02-2021),Wildrose (12-01-2021)

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 53.0%

Thanks
    This makes me think does Baldwin have more answering to do?

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jitss617 For This Useful Post:

Captain Kirk! (12-01-2021),donttread (12-03-2021),Old Ridge Runner (12-02-2021),Quark (12-01-2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    No offense intended or implied but I do realize being English you know very little about firearms especially single action handguns.

The type of single action revolver that Baldwin is alleged to have used does not go off by itself without pulling the hammer back and then pulling the trigger. Now a Colt single action or Colt clone single action will fire if all six chambers in the cylinder are loaded with live ammo and the revolver is dropped on the ground and the hammer strikes the ground even with the hammer not cocked because the firing pin in the hammer is resting on a live round of ammo in the chamber. Hence, the reason for what's called the cowboy load in Colt and Colt clone single actions. In these types of single action revolvers you load only five rounds leaving the six chamber empty and rest the hammer on the empty chamber.

Baldwin is a rabid anti-gunner and an idiot to boot who should never ever be around any kind of firearm. He knows zilch about firearms and if anyone should ever be denied his constitutional rights to own or use a firearm he should be the poster child.
    not at all. i appreciate the input.

Clearly theres a chain of negligence gone on here, the question is how far back does it go?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to UKSmartypants For This Useful Post:

Quark (12-01-2021)

Thread Information