User Tag List

Members banned from this thread: Wildrose

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: RUST shooting - a bit more emerges

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 90.0%

Thanks
    THIS puts it ALL in perspective... a "diversity" hire if there ever was one. Rookie armorer on Baldwin set said she loves to show 'how safe' guns are (nypost.com)
    It is by the goodness of God that in our country we have those three unspeakably precious things: freedom of speech, freedom of conscience, and the prudence never to practice either of them. Mark ​Twain

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 51.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kirk! View Post
    Just more bullshit. The gun expert says, "It's not easy to check this kind of gun for blanks." JFC, open the goddamned gate and take it out and look!
    When I read that I didn't think he was making excuses. It seems to me that the ONLY way to know if the gun contains blanks is to put the blanks into the gun yourself or someone you REALLY trust. But in so doing you have to have a way of knowing that the shells are blank. I would presume that they all LOOK the same. So how does one tell? A marking on the shell? Weighing the shell? Removing the projectile checking for powder? the BB idea is the most logical.

Maybe we are getting blanks and dummy rounds mixed up. In my opinion for authenticity this type of gun would be loaded with dummy rounds that can't fire, if not then you could tell by looking at the gun. With today's CGI there is no reason to fire actual blanks and I am not sure you could get a blank that looks like a real loaded bullet.

I also think if the gun had blanks that could fire then it should have been treated as a gun loaded with real live bullets. We all know even blanks can kill.
    Last edited by Freewill; 12-02-2021 at 11:08 AM.
    Bonum est Deus.

Veteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 51.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Claws View Post
    THIS puts it ALL in perspective... a "diversity" hire if there ever was one. Rookie armorer on Baldwin set said she loves to show 'how safe' guns are (nypost.com)
    With only reading the headline, she is right, a gun never killed anyone just like a car didn't kill anyone in Wisconsin.
    Bonum est Deus.

50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 4.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildrose View Post
    "No gun is responsible for the idiot handling it".
    Said NO jury ever........
    If you can't beat them... You're NOT hitting hard enough.

"Wake early if you want another man's life or land. No land for the lazy wolf. No battle's won in bed' - A Viking saying (Edda of Saemund the Wise)

50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 92.0%

Thanks
    And you remain wrong. The manual specifically states the "safe position" is the safe position to carry the gun when fully loaded. It also states it is impossible to apply enough force to the trigger to release it from that position without breaking the trigger.

If it wore to the point it would no longer lock in that position then it's time to get it replaced. That's kinda the thing with firearms, if they have worn out or broken parts they need to be repaired and if you don't bad things can happen.
    I'm right and so isn't every single action shooter. Don't buy a Colt or Colt clone or you will be pulling a Baldwin and unlike him you won't stay out of prison.

Thanks
    The 1911 actually has 2 internal and 3 external safeties. The only way one is going to fire without you pulling the trigger is if at least a couple of them fail.

As for your stat's, cop's had been using revolvers for decades before they got their first SA's and a lack of training and familiarity with a firearm is the surest way to have ND's.
    Again, no, not on a properly functioning firearm this cannot happen. If the trigger is not pulled it would catch in the half cock position in a properly working 1911.
    Again you don't know what you are talking about you obviously do not own firearms or shoot.

The 1911 has only two safeties the thumb safety and the grip safety. The 1911A1 has the same two safeties. Before the 80's the Model 70 had those two safeties. Starting in the 80's Colt started putting in a firing pin block in as a safety as well. All Colt Model 80's have three safeties. Companies making look alike Colt 1911's usually make them with two safeties and without the firing pin block.

I have a Colt 1911 Model 80 and it has three safeties and a Wilson Combat Classic 1911 based on the Colt Model 70 and has only two safeties.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Quark For This Useful Post:

WhoKnows (12-02-2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Freewill View Post
    OK, here is my evaluation of what is going on.

Ask yourself why Baldwin would come out with an interview such as this, it makes him sound silly.

The reason I believe is he is tainting the jury pool. He is trying to raise doubt in everyone's mind fully knowing that most of America is following the story. He doesn't have to taint those that support him only those who want to see him hung. In that regard there should be some sort of legal action against what he is doing, in my opinion.

I think that the armorer reloaded the ammo used for target practice. She accidentally mixed in some shells that were previously marked as blanks but were never actually used as blanks. So, a cursory examination of the gun would indicate that it had blanks, just going by the marking on the shell. Someone went to get blanks for the gun, found shells and one live one was accidentally mixed in with the blanks.

That may be way off, I have no actual way of knowing but unless they prove that Baldwin had a reason to want the woman dead I would say manslaughter, not murder would be the correct charge.

Nevertheless, Baldwin should have been told to keep his trap shut. I am told he was told not to make comments and obviously did any way. Mostly anyone else who killed a person, accidentally or not, would be in jail in my opinion.

My conjecture also explains why we heard that they may have been playing Russian roulette. Since all the other rounds in the gun were blanks.

On another note, why is a 1911 being argued over?
    Good question on the 1911.

Thanks
    I've been thinking a lot on this. I wonder if the nut who loaded the Pietta Colt clone put six rounds in the cylinder and like Wildrose would have done relied on the so-called safety notch to make the single action "safe" and Baldwin somehow hit the hammer hard enough which doesn't really take that much effort and the hammer jumped the notch and fired a round. That would explain Baldwin's "spontaneous" gun going off all by itself. Even a blank at that close range would have killed someone if the wad hit a person.

Overall activity: 13.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WarriorRob View Post
    In Bizarre Interview With George Stephanopoulos, Alec Baldwin Denies Pulling the Trigger in Fatal Shooting - Media Right News

I would never point a gun at anyone and pull the trigger at them, never, Baldwin insisted in a clip that is the first preview of the interview.

In regards to how a live round got in the gun, Baldwin claimed, I have no idea. Someone put a live bullet in a gun. A bullet that wasnt even supposed to be on the property.

If this is already posted my bad, this is really bizarre

Mkay...

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WVYankee For This Useful Post:

Quark (12-02-2021),WhoKnows (12-02-2021)

Overall activity: 13.0%

Thanks
    And you remain wrong. The manual specifically states the "safe position" is the safe position to carry the gun when fully loaded. It also states it is impossible to apply enough force to the trigger to release it from that position without breaking the trigger.

If it wore to the point it would no longer lock in that position then it's time to get it replaced. That's kinda the thing with firearms, if they have worn out or broken parts they need to be repaired and if you don't bad things can happen.
    Mkay. Not that that's the most stupid statement I've ever heard (read), but it ranks pretty high.

Love "expert" opinions. Testify at congressional hearings much?
    Last edited by WVYankee; 12-02-2021 at 04:37 PM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WVYankee For This Useful Post:

Quark (12-02-2021),WhoKnows (12-02-2021)

Thread Information