Members banned from this thread: Wildrose

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: RUST shooting - a bit more emerges

Alumni Member Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Overall activity: 9.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    Okay I went and researched this to hopefully explain it better. The Colt has has four notches that spell C-O-l-T. The second notch is the half cock notch that allows the cylinder to rotate to load and unload the the firearm. The first notch will lock the hammer back but is certainly not a safe way to carry a single action Colt or clone. Now single action aficionados in their right mind would not trust the so-called safety first notch which why we have a hang up on safety. Yes Colt may call the first notch a safety notch but it really isn't any bump on the hammer will cause the hammer to jump the notch and hit a primer. If the notch is worn at all the the notch may not hold the hammer at all.

Here's a good explanation from RIA: https://www.rockislandauction.com/ri...ylinder%20stop This should help clear up any confusion. I've spent so much time on this because I don't want you or anyone else to harm someone from lack of knowledge of how a Colt single action works. I don't want anyone pulling a Baldwin.
    And you remain wrong. The manual specifically states the "safe position" is the safe position to carry the gun when fully loaded. It also states it is impossible to apply enough force to the trigger to release it from that position without breaking the trigger.

If it wore to the point it would no longer lock in that position then it's time to get it replaced. That's kinda the thing with firearms, if they have worn out or broken parts they need to be repaired and if you don't bad things can happen.
    Last edited by Wildrose; 12-02-2021 at 06:22 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Wildrose For This Useful Post:

WhoKnows (12-02-2021)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class3 months registered
    Overall activity: 30.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildrose View Post
    And you remain wrong. The manual specifically states the "safe position" is the safe position to carry the gun when fully loaded. It also states it is impossible to apply enough force to the trigger to release it from that position without breaking the trigger.

If it wore to the point it would no longer lock in that position then it's time to get it replaced. That's kinda the thing with firearms, if they have worn out or broken parts they need to be repaired and if you don't bad things can happen.
    This part is pointless to argue. You don’t know the condition of the gun or the ammo.

Secondly it’s still his fault. It was a loaded gun he pointed at someone else. So a function failure of the firearm still results in his fault. Just at what degree.

They had a armorer on set. So you would think (reasonable person) the gun was in satisfactory condiction. Even if it wasn’t in satisfactory condition it’s still his fault. It was a loaded gun and he’s responsible.

Speculation of a factory fresh firearm is wonderful… but it has no value unless you know the condition of the suspect gun to make comparisons.
    Last edited by Milt; 12-02-2021 at 06:33 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Milt For This Useful Post:

Freewill (12-02-2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Milt View Post
    This part is pointless to argue. You don’t know the condition of the gun or the ammo.

Secondly it’s still his fault. It was a loaded gun he pointed at someone else. So a function failure of the firearm still results in his fault. Just at what degree.

They had a armorer on set. So you would think (reasonable person) the gun was in satisfactory co diction. Even if it wasn’t in satisfactory condition it’s still his fault. It was a loaded gun and he’s responsible.

Speculation of a factory fresh firearm is wonderful… but it has no value unless you know the condition of the suspect gun to make comparisons.
    This veered off a page or so back when Quark proceeded to tell us he knew everything there was to know about CAA's and that I knew nothing.

Your opinion is pretty much inline with what I stated previously.

While others may bear some culpability here the ultimate responsibility belongs to the Guy who without properly inspecting and clearing the gun aimed and fired it resulting in the death of the gal on the camera.

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Overall activity: 33.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by UKSmartypants View Post
    Ok so it turns out the bullet that killed the girl was a hand made round. The source of this round was possibly the New Mexico armourer who supplied the movie with the guns and the ammo, and who used hand made rounds at a firing range to train actors how to use guns. Its conceivable that one or more of these hand made live rounds found its way onto the RUST set by accident.

Baldwin says he did not pull the trigger. He says he was simply holding the gun and it went off spontaneously.

This is all perfectly feasible.

Alec Baldwin will sit down for 'intense' and 'revealing' prime time interview' on Rust shooting | Daily Mail Online
    "I suspect even Alec Baldwin, before he killed Halyna Hutchins on the set of his movie Rust, would have agreed that a gun can’t shoot someone of its own accord. Be that as it may, Baldwin sat down for an interview with ABC News to insist that he did not pull the trigger on the gun that fired the bullet that killed Halyna."
    https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/12/has_alec_baldwin_had_a_psychological_break_or_is_t his_a_tryout_for_his_defense.html

"The salient point is that Alec Baldwin has found the perfect way to avoid any responsibility for causing Halyna’s death and to make himself into a victim of the tragedy that he caused. In his mind, guns do kill people, and the people who are holding the guns, pointing them at another human being, and pulling the trigger are just the innocent bystanders."

Hey, that's the meme for the media on the slaughter at the Christmas parade. "An SUV ran over people...." "A gun shot and killed an innocent woman...." "COVID demanded vaccines and mail-in ballots...." "Injustice demands we teach racism...."

Evil people such as Darrell Brooks, Gov. Andrew Cuomo, Alec Baldwin, Joe Biden, and George Soros are just innocent bystanders.

Making the inanimate, or even the non-existent, responsible is the way out of everything. Rather reminds me of "it's God's will".
    Last edited by patrickt; 12-02-2021 at 07:21 AM.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to patrickt For This Useful Post:

Canadianeye (12-02-2021),Lone Gunman (12-02-2021),Milt (12-02-2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by UKSmartypants View Post
    I disagree. its perfectly feasible that incompetence on behalf of someone at the NM armourers mixed up live and dummies, and its entirely within the realm that old revolvers with slack mechanisms can go off accidentally if waved about, dropped or knocked, especially if the trigger is too sensitive.

A Colt's Single-Action Army or Frontier revolver was the model being used in Rust. No double-action revolver designed after 1900 will accidentally discharge, but a Colt's M1911 single-action semi-auto (or its clone) could, if its safety lever were already in the "off" position. Indeed, many single-action-with-safety semi-autos could, particularly a Russian Tokarev (which has no safety), as long as the gun's hammer were already cocked.

Consider:
    1. any revolver that has the firing pin as part of the hammer can be subject to possible discharge
    2. its also possible where the hammer has a little play in it in the cocked position, where you could actually push on hammer and it falls causing a discharge - all it needs is the hammer to disconnect from the trigger's shear engagement surface
    3. in single action mode with hammer cocked, the perfect angle of impact could actually force the trigger back to actually fire the gun even with a safety transfer bar.

In 1992, there was a significant difference between revolvers and semi-autos when it comes to Accidental Discharges (AD). Revolvers ADs at 0.75 per 1000 verses semi-autos ADs at 14 per 1000.

This came to light in a NYPD discussion document about handguns for cops. https://www.ojp.gov/pdffiles1/Digiti...45560NCJRS.pdf
    The 1911 actually has 2 internal and 3 external safeties. The only way one is going to fire without you pulling the trigger is if at least a couple of them fail.

As for your stat's, cop's had been using revolvers for decades before they got their first SA's and a lack of training and familiarity with a firearm is the surest way to have ND's.
    3. in single action mode with hammer cocked, the perfect angle of impact could actually force the trigger back to actually fire the gun even with a safety transfer bar.
    Again, no, not on a properly functioning firearm this cannot happen. If the trigger is not pulled it would catch in the half cock position in a properly working 1911.

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 53.0%

Thanks
    So some super natural action pulled the trigger, as he pointed it at her.. so he has demons

Leftists are scum Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassSocial
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    I wonder were the gun expert ran off to?

Veteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 51.0%

Thanks
    OK, here is my evaluation of what is going on.

Ask yourself why Baldwin would come out with an interview such as this, it makes him sound silly.

The reason I believe is he is tainting the jury pool. He is trying to raise doubt in everyone's mind fully knowing that most of America is following the story. He doesn't have to taint those that support him only those who want to see him hung. In that regard there should be some sort of legal action against what he is doing, in my opinion.

I think that the armorer reloaded the ammo used for target practice. She accidentally mixed in some shells that were previously marked as blanks but were never actually used as blanks. So, a cursory examination of the gun would indicate that it had blanks, just going by the marking on the shell. Someone went to get blanks for the gun, found shells and one live one was accidentally mixed in with the blanks.

That may be way off, I have no actual way of knowing but unless they prove that Baldwin had a reason to want the woman dead I would say manslaughter, not murder would be the correct charge.

Nevertheless, Baldwin should have been told to keep his trap shut. I am told he was told not to make comments and obviously did any way. Mostly anyone else who killed a person, accidentally or not, would be in jail in my opinion.

My conjecture also explains why we heard that they may have been playing Russian roulette. Since all the other rounds in the gun were blanks.

On another note, why is a 1911 being argued over?
    Last edited by Freewill; 12-02-2021 at 10:27 AM.
    Bonum est Deus.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Freewill For This Useful Post:

Lone Gunman (12-02-2021),MikeTx (12-02-2021),nonsqtr (12-03-2021),Quark (12-02-2021)

Veteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 51.0%

Thanks
    An inside look at type of gun used in Alec Baldwin 'Rust' shooting incident (koat.com)

What I read on one web site is that blanks should have a BB loaded instead of powder. This way it is easy to tell what is or isn't a blank.
    Bonum est Deus.

Leftists are scum Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassSocial
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Freewill View Post
    An inside look at type of gun used in Alec Baldwin 'Rust' shooting incident (koat.com)

What I read on one web site is that blanks should have a BB loaded instead of powder. This way it is easy to tell what is or isn't a blank.
    Just more bullshit. The gun expert says, "It's not easy to check this kind of gun for blanks." JFC, open the goddamned gate and take it out and look!

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MikeTx For This Useful Post:

Freewill (12-02-2021),Lone Gunman (12-02-2021),Quark (12-02-2021)

Thread Information