User Tag List

Thread: Evidence for the Creator: Summary2

Cosmic Watcher Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranOverdrive
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Thanks

Evidence for the Creator: Summary2

I have a long running series here examining evidence for the Creator. I thought perhaps a list of those articles, to date, might be of interest.

I have heard for years.. decades:
    "There is no evidence for the Creator! "
    ..usually accompanied with,
    "There is no God! God is mean! I hate Him!"

But for those who wish to examine the evidence for the Creator, here are a few links to the threads in this forum. ..in no particular order.

Awe
    Sin
    Personal Experience
    Love
    The Poison of Sin
    Statistics
    Order
    Extinction
    Eternity Within
    Mutagens
    Equus
    Life
    Conscience
    Entropy
    Speciation
    Foxhole Atheists
    The Music of the Spheres
    The Grand Canyon
    The Dilemma of Origins
    Genetic Entropy
    Extinction, part 2
    Hysterical Hostility
    Universal Morality
    mtDNA

Whew! That was a lot of work, to copy all the links, and make this list. I did not realize it was so long.

Any comments or rebuttals are welcome, either here or in the topical thread.
    "God grant that by my persevering labours I may bring a little stone to the frail and ill-assured edifice of our knowledge of those deep mysteries of Life and Death where all our intellects have so lamentably failed." ~Louis Pasteur

Senior Member Forum Donor Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 11.0%

Thanks
    As made evident on this forum usafan, you are "hoeing a tough row" in a desolate land. Because IMO, if a person truly believes in God, no one in the flesh has taught nor convinced them to believe. As either the person believes in God due to their belief in the Word of the Scripture's, or they have received an "invitation" from the powers of the Holy Ghost.

And neither of the above will happen to the person that is hard of heart. Nor, for one that is using their materialistic intellect rationalizations, while trying to even grasp the concept of God.

As one needs to remember that unless a person was educated in a Christian based school or has obtained a degree in theology, that person was never taught about the "existence" of God, while obtaining their education.

Even in the church I attended as a youth, I NEVER heard anyone ask the pastor the "type" of following questions,

What does God look like?
    If God lives in heaven, why haven't the space astronaut's reported seeing heaven?
    If God wants us to live by His laws, then why doesn't He prove to us that He exists?
    If God has created ALL that exists, then how did God create Himself?

And needless to say, the above questions are really nonsensical for a person to ask of their clergy or to anyone else really, that claims to be a scholar of theology. Why? Because man being of carnal mind and that is not yet spiritually minded, analyzes the answers to their questions about God, all while utilizing their materialistic intellect.

As the type of questions like that I wrote above, will require a materialistic reply from a person. Simply because the human brain solves the answers to questions by using words. Words that define a likeness of those material things that we KNOW to exist, to help us to derive our answers about God.

IE: One snowy day I see tracks in the snow in my back yard. My materialistic mind being educated in material "things" allows me to recognize EXACTLY, what animal or being, made the tracks in the snow.

But how can one use this same materialistic intellect to "prove" to someone, that God exists? IMO, they cannot and they will never be able to do so. Because God's "tracks" will never be found in the snow by anyone. He will be found only by a "faith" that lives in one's heart and soul. A faith that knows, that God exists. All JMO

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Thanks
    Interesting post and questions.

The Bible provides explanations for all, even when church leaders fail to address them.

The Bible reveals what God looks like. The Bible reveals there are three heavens. God states in the Bible that the evidence is so abundant that there is no excuse whatsoever that allows anyone to reason that He does not exist. God's Laws are Spiritual just as He is. One can violate them by thought alone. And finally, God is eternal, He has always existed, therefore no need to create Himself. "I AM that I AM".

Why church pastors do not address questions like these must be due to not reading the Bible where the answers can plainly be found.

I do not make up answers to these. God's Word answers them.
    Last edited by CWF; 11-29-2021 at 08:18 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CWF For This Useful Post:

usfan (11-30-2021)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Overall activity: 26.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Right, there is no evidence of the existence of gods.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to patrickt For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (11-29-2021)

Senior Member Forum Donor Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 11.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    Right, there is no evidence of the existence of gods.
    You are absolutely correct Patrick, as there is no evidence of the existence of gods. Because if ALL that we humans know that exists today was created by more than one god, our world and the universe today would be mass confusion. How many gods would there have had to be, to create ALL that we know that exists on earth and in the universe today?

Let's see now, there would have had to been, a sun god, a moon god, a water god, a wind god, a dirt god, a tree god, a rock god, a cloud god, a oil god, a coal god, an animal god, a fish god, on and on. Can anyone just imagine what our world and universe would have been like today, if it had been created in UNISON, by so MANY gods ?

And to this, is why I believe there is only ONE God.

If one will just stop and think about all the magnificent creations both organic and inorganic that exist on planet earth, for a minute. And then take in to consideration, those creations that were NOT made by man.

If one does this, then where does this leave a person's sense of reason? Can a person then honestly say to themselves, " There is no creator, nor is there a God that created anything on earth, that man did not".

Where does this leave a person's thought process, about all of the non-manmade creations we KNOW of that exists on earth? Is one to assume that every magnificent creation on earth that was not created by man, just created it's self by chance?

What is chance? Chance has no intelligence and it is not a creation and nor, is chance capable of being a cause. Anything without a cause, has no effect. Therefore IMO, chance is nothing, as it has no redeeming qualities. No substance, no value, chance cannot create anything but wishes.

Therefore IMO, the word chance cannot honestly or seriously ever be used by anyone, to be the sole "creator" of anything. Where does this leave a person in their thinking, whenever debating how that ALL we know that exists, was created?

It leaves me at least, with the hard reality that no matter what I or anyone else believes how or WHO created ALL, there will remain one constant. And that is IMO, we human beings have not been bestowed with the intellectual abilities to even fathom, how ALL was created.

And that only after our soul/spirit within us that came from God, leaves our dead carcass and re-enters the spirit world, will that person's soul/spirit be able to fathom the unanswerable questions we humans have while still in the flesh.

As whenever I read or hear of someone stating they KNOW how ALL was created for a FACT, something comes to mind. And that is, to ask someone in the flesh how ALL was created is like asking someone that was born blind, to describe what the daylight looks like to them. All JMO
    Last edited by gregonejeep; 11-29-2021 at 03:19 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to gregonejeep For This Useful Post:

usfan (11-29-2021)

SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranOverdrive

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gregonejeep View Post
    As made evident on this forum usafan, you are "hoeing a tough row" in a desolate land. Because IMO, if a person truly believes in God, no one in the flesh has taught nor convinced them to believe. As either the person believes in God due to their belief in the Word of the Scripture's, or they have received an "invitation" from the powers of the Holy Ghost.

And neither of the above will happen to the person that is hard of heart. Nor, for one that is using their materialistic intellect rationalizations, while trying to even grasp the concept of God.

As one needs to remember that unless a person was educated in a Christian based school or has obtained a degree in theology, that person was never taught about the "existence" of God, while obtaining their education.

Even in the church I attended as a youth, I NEVER heard anyone ask the pastor the "type" of following questions,

What does God look like?
    If God lives in heaven, why haven't the space astronaut's reported seeing heaven?
    If God wants us to live by His laws, then why doesn't He prove to us that He exists?
    If God has created ALL that exists, then how did God create Himself?

And needless to say, the above questions are really nonsensical for a person to ask of their clergy or to anyone else really, that claims to be a scholar of theology. Why? Because man being of carnal mind and that is not yet spiritually minded, analyzes the answers to their questions about God, all while utilizing their materialistic intellect.

As the type of questions like that I wrote above, will require a materialistic reply from a person. Simply because the human brain solves the answers to questions by using words. Words that define a likeness of those material things that we KNOW to exist, to help us to derive our answers about God.

IE: One snowy day I see tracks in the snow in my back yard. My materialistic mind being educated in material "things" allows me to recognize EXACTLY, what animal or being, made the tracks in the snow.

But how can one use this same materialistic intellect to "prove" to someone, that God exists? IMO, they cannot and they will never be able to do so. Because God's "tracks" will never be found in the snow by anyone. He will be found only by a "faith" that lives in one's heart and soul. A faith that knows, that God exists. All JMO
    1. I never heard any lists of evidence FOR the Creator, until mine. All i ever heard was,
    'There is no evidence for God!! ..and He's mean! We should hate Him!'

2. I hoe the row that has the most weeds. I can only ..suggest.. where to find bread. I didn't bake it.

3. All I've got is a red guitar,
    Three chords, and the Truth.
    ..the rest is up to you.

4. Nobody can come to God, unless He draws them.

5. Everyone gotta do two things:
    • Their own believing,
    • Their own dying.

6. I offer this list, and the arguments therein, for the forum's amusement, entertainment, and information. I have no expectations, and receive no compensation.. except my wages of mocking and ridicule.

7. I cannot help it that these posts contain the most important, and profound truth in the universe. Someday everyone will see it, but for now it is a secret, it seems, for a few.

8. Long my imprisoned spirit lay,
    Fast bound in sin and nature’s night;
    Thine eye diffused a quick’ning ray—
    I woke, the dungeon flamed with light;
    My chains fell off, my heart was free,
    I rose, went forth, and followed Thee.
    Last edited by usfan; 11-30-2021 at 01:38 PM.
    "God grant that by my persevering labours I may bring a little stone to the frail and ill-assured edifice of our knowledge of those deep mysteries of Life and Death where all our intellects have so lamentably failed." ~Louis Pasteur

Thanks
    There are a few other threads that can be in this list.. this one was more about the 2020 election, but i included it in my series..

https://thepoliticsforums.com/thread...-2020-Election

Thread Information