User Tag List

Thread: How Labour has lost the Working Class

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocial
    Overall activity: 26.0%

Thanks

How Labour has lost the Working Class

Interesting graph that shows Labours fundamental problem - the working class have deserted them big time over a long time scale. This isnt a one off event of the last election.

avote.gif

Meanwhile, its share of the Middle class has gone up - ie the metropolitan london luvvies. The issue is that the working class are spread over 200 seat, but the metropolitan luvvies are only spread over maybe 50 seats. So its gaining votes in seats it's already won, but not in anywhere it needs to win.
    Last edited by UKSmartypants; 11-26-2021 at 04:26 PM.
    I declare that the entire content and attachments of any and all of my posts are for the purposes of personal entertainment, and that I do not vouch for the veracity of the content. Neither do I care if you doubt my sources. That's your prerogative, but not my concern.

DO NOT POST COVID,VACCINE, or 5G BOLLOX IN MY THREADS. TAKE IT TO THE COVID FORUM. -----------------------------------------------------------
    REMEMBER: Xenophobia Can Save Lives!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to UKSmartypants For This Useful Post:

pjohns (11-26-2021)

Tagger First Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 12.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by UKSmartypants View Post
    Interesting graph that shows Labours fundamental problem - the working class have deserted them big time ober a long time scale. This isnt a one off event of the last election.

avote.gif
    I am hoping that this will replicate itself in the US, as regarding the Democratic Party (which is, roughly, America's analogue to the UK's Labour Party).

In fact, Donald Trump took advantage of this in 2016--although he did not win the popular vote even then; but he did win over a majority of working-class voters.

And this was something new for the Republican Party.

50000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocial
    Overall activity: 26.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pjohns View Post
    I am hoping that this will replicate itself in the US, as regarding the Democratic Party (which is, roughly, America's analogue to the UK's Labour Party).

In fact, Donald Trump took advantage of this in 2016--although he did not win the popular vote even then; but he did win over a majority of working-class voters.

And this was something new for the Republican Party.

yes I think thats the strategy the Republicans needs to go for, the key to fighting the liberal elites will be the US equivalent of the patriotic working class vote, just as Farage realised with Brexit, and then Boris belatedly realised . I believe the same issue exists, in that the liberal elite are concentrated in a few locations but the working class are spread over many more seats. Unfortunately its a bit more complicated in the USA, because of the way your system works
    Last edited by UKSmartypants; 11-26-2021 at 04:32 PM.
    I declare that the entire content and attachments of any and all of my posts are for the purposes of personal entertainment, and that I do not vouch for the veracity of the content. Neither do I care if you doubt my sources. That's your prerogative, but not my concern.

DO NOT POST COVID,VACCINE, or 5G BOLLOX IN MY THREADS. TAKE IT TO THE COVID FORUM. -----------------------------------------------------------
    REMEMBER: Xenophobia Can Save Lives!

Tagger First Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 12.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by UKSmartypants View Post
    I believe the same issue exists, in that the liberal elite are concentrated in a few locations...
    Mostly, they can be found in the Northeast, and all along the West Coast. (Sometimes we refer to them as "the coastal elites.")

Thread Information