User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who has angry relatives who hate Trump?

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 27.0%

Thanks

Who has angry relatives who hate Trump?

My stepson, his former wife, and his sister and her husband , and me of course, went to enjoy a nice Italian dinner tonight.
    Rick is my stepdaughter's husband and we have known each other for many decades.
    In the past we have never at any point discussed politics.

He was commenting at dinner how we need illegal aliens and lauded the Mexicans and Asians he says he sees a lot.
    I asked him if he therefore likes the Biden open border policy. Right off he got pissed. Told me Biden has a closed border policy. All of you know for a fact that is not true. We know Biden in a short 10 months has spread all over America illegal aliens swept up by his administration. We know Governors are complaining.

Rick attacked Trump over the Border wall calling it worthless. Told me it is falling down. I am serious here. Supposedly a state of Art fence with all kinds of electronics on it is now falling down? In 10 short months?

Anyway, I could not get a word in edgewise with him ranting so I dropped the issue.

Do you guys catch hell from friends or relatives too?

I will see Rick tomorrow when he and my stepdaughter comes here for dinner. I will not speak to him on political issues partly out of not wanting our day to be ruined.
    Last edited by Robert; 11-24-2021 at 09:24 PM.
    “Appearances to the mind are of four kinds. Things either are what they appear to be; or they neither are, nor appear to be; or they are, and do not appear to be; or they are not, and yet appear to be. Rightly to aim in all these cases is the wise man's task.” Epictetus

Democrats in congress are like having the Fox construct the hen house then installing the security system.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Robert For This Useful Post:

Brat (11-24-2021),Captain Kirk! (11-25-2021),Rutabaga (11-24-2021)

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 40.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    My stepson, his former wife, and his sister and her husband , and me of course, went to enjoy a nice Italian dinner tonight.
    Rick is my stepdaughter's husband and we have known each other for many decades.
    In the past we have never at any point discussed politics.

He was commenting at dinner how we need illegal aliens and lauded the Mexicans and Asians he says he sees a lot.
    I asked him if he therefore likes the Biden open border policy. Right off he got pissed. Told me Biden has a closed border policy. All of you know for a fact that is not true. We know Biden in a short 10 months has spread all over America illegal aliens swept up by his administration. We know Governors are complaining.

Rick attacked Trump over the Border wall calling it worthless. Told me it is falling down. I am serious here. Supposedly a state of Art fence with all kinds of electronics on it is now falling down? In 10 short months?

Anyway, I could not get a word in edgewise with him ranting so I dropped the issue.

Do you guys catch hell from friends or relatives too?

I will see Rick tomorrow when he and my stepdaughter comes here for dinner. I will not speak to him on political issues partly out of not wanting our day to be ruined.
    There is no reasoning with the democrat left, they have totally lost it.

I was at the receptions for my friend's daughter's wedding a number of years ago, I think during Bush. At the end my friend's wife tears into me about Republicans and Bush and everything they had done wrong. I had never said a word to her about my politics, never. I didn't say anything that day either, I didn't think it was the place. I am not sure how she knew what party I belonged to other then I wasn't a raving lunatic.
    Let's Go Brandon!!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Freewill For This Useful Post:

Captain Kirk! (11-25-2021),Robert (11-24-2021),Rutabaga (11-24-2021)

Alumni Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 57.0%

Thanks
    mine all know to keep their mouths shut...i insist upon it...
    "The nose, knows"

"Negros were like animals and they turned the streets into jungles”
    joe biden.

Covid=$
    "The Emperor Wears No Clothes"

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rutabaga For This Useful Post:

Brat (11-24-2021),East of the Beast (11-25-2021),Freewill (11-24-2021),Northern Rivers (11-24-2021),OneDumbBlonde (11-25-2021),Robert (11-24-2021)

Alumni Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 34.0%

Thanks
    90% of Democraps will never change their minds, in fact CANNOT change their minds.

They are too ill-informed, too uneducated, and are ill-equipped to form a cogent argument to support their case.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to teeceetx For This Useful Post:

Brat (11-24-2021),Robert (11-24-2021),Rutabaga (11-24-2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutabaga View Post
    mine all know to keep their mouths shut...i insist upon it...
    I tend to doubt Rick will keep this up when he shows up tomorrow for dinner here.
    I told him I got his point that I had myself for decades been a loyal Democrat. He hardly knew how to handle me then. I get the anger by Democrats. I recall them being angry at Reagan, Angry at Bush I and later at Bush 11. Anger at Trump was not news to me.
    “Appearances to the mind are of four kinds. Things either are what they appear to be; or they neither are, nor appear to be; or they are, and do not appear to be; or they are not, and yet appear to be. Rightly to aim in all these cases is the wise man's task.” Epictetus

Democrats in congress are like having the Fox construct the hen house then installing the security system.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robert For This Useful Post:

Brat (11-24-2021),Rutabaga (11-24-2021)

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entrySocialVeteranRecommendation First Class
    Overall activity: 12.0%

Thanks
    YES.

My son married a wonderful young lady. She is a great wife to him and a wonderful mother. She loves my son very much, so I keep that in mind when I go to family functions there, and know I will be in conversations with her democrat parents and siblings.....

I have to totally keep my mouth shut out of love for my son. He is pretty conservative, has a top secret clearance and works on a naval base doing cybersecurity for Homeland Security. But he has learned to never talk politics to his inlaws so I follow his lead.

But all kinds of things go through my head that I want to say when they start bashing Trump, so I go and play with the grandkids, who have more sense than these adults.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Louise For This Useful Post:

East of the Beast (11-25-2021),Kris P Bacon (11-25-2021),Physics Hunter (11-25-2021),Rutabaga (11-24-2021),tlmjl (11-25-2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by teeceetx View Post
    90% of Democraps will never change their minds, in fact CANNOT change their minds.

They are too ill-informed, too uneducated, and are ill-equipped to form a cogent argument to support their case.
    Sadly that is very true.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise View Post
    YES.

My son married a wonderful young lady. She is a great wife to him and a wonderful mother. She loves my son very much, so I keep that in mind when I go to family functions there, and know I will be in conversations with her democrat parents and siblings.....

I have to totally keep my mouth shut out of love for my son. He is pretty conservative, has a top secret clearance and works on a naval base doing cybersecurity for Homeland Security. But he has learned to never talk politics to his inlaws so I follow his lead.

But all kinds of things go through my head that I want to say when they start bashing Trump, so I go and play with the grandkids, who have more sense than these adults.
    Well done and well explained. Thanks.

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 46.0%

Thanks
    Two brothers and a sister have pretty much disowned me because I voted for Donald Trump...twice.

Now?

They don't want to talk to me because they voted for Joe Biden.
    You're only as good as your last performance.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Northern Rivers For This Useful Post:

Brat (11-24-2021),Louise (11-25-2021),Rutabaga (11-24-2021)

Proud Boomer Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 21.0%

Thanks
    I don't allow anyone in my family to bash Trump in my presence. So, I don't see them or speak to them. They cannot control themselves.
    Unwavering loyalty for my President, Donald J Trump

~Shower the people you love with love~

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Brat For This Useful Post:

Camp (11-25-2021),OneDumbBlonde (11-25-2021),Physics Hunter (11-25-2021),Robert (11-25-2021),Rutabaga (11-24-2021)

Thread Information