User Tag List

Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2567891011121314151617181922 ... LastLast

Thread: Arbery trial: Guilty, guilty, guilty

Make Orwell Fiction Again V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 32.0%

Thanks
    This is one of those cases where there were no 'good guys'. Everybody loses.
    To think is easy. To act is difficult. To act as one thinks is the most difficult.

- Goethe

Make Orwell Fiction Again V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 32.0%

Thanks
    The malign stream media's attempts to stoke more social cancer went largely ignored. Except for the black panthers - who have proven to be more of a danger to each other than anybody else.
    To think is easy. To act is difficult. To act as one thinks is the most difficult.

- Goethe

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 13.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kazenatsu View Post
    Perhaps they should have received some punishment.

Even if they were wrong to chase Arbery, it was not like they had no reason whatsoever to chase him. It was not entirely unjustified, one might say (even if overall unjustified).

Arbery refused to stop and talk to them, and not only did he walk or even jog away, he ran trying to get away from them, which you could not blame them for finding very suspicious.

Arbery ran at one of them, unexpectedly from around the corner of the car, looking like he was going to head-butt or tackle him. He has the body of a football linebacker. What was that guy supposed to do at that point?

If this is seen as a murder, it is going to be a drastically excessive amount of punishment if they are punished as if it had been a normal murder.

And why should the other two be charged with murder? How does that make any sense? Only one of them shot him.

Also, in my view, at no point had they really "begun" trying to perform a citizen's arrest at that point. They were chasing him, which might be seen as justified because they were trying to keep an eye on his location until police could arrive. Police probably would have stopped him, maybe asked for identification or quickly talked to him, or maybe would have wanted to get a good look at his face on his body camera.

Using the truck to cut off his path in the middle of the road is where things start entering more of a grey zone, but that still isn't quite trying to perform a citizen's arrest. It could have been to try to slow him down.

They may have ultimately been wanting to perform a citizen's arrest (which they would not have had the legal right to do), but they had not begun it yet. That is an important legal distinction.

Trinnity, I highly respect your opinions, and you have a sane and reasonable voice on this forum, but I am going to have to question your logic on this one. Or you need to be more careful where you get your information.
    They were totally in the wrong. They are bullies who thought they were police officers. In fact it is this feeling of police not responding which creates vigilantism.
    Logic and reasonable deduction tells me that the guy with the rifle stopped Mr Arbery and said: "hey you stop still this is a citizens arrest so you better not move" - Mr Arbery would be shocked to his boots and reacted - with a rifle muzzle in his face - he grabbed the rifle to prevent himself being shot because once that guy issued his "CAUTION"??? it would have been all bets off and it was.
    I worked in the Crown Courts in UK (Court Clerk) and I know the actual trial is totally NOT the same as the media report. But my gut feeling and logical reasoning tells me the aforesaid is what happened.
    They certainly did not say, after an aggressive chase ... "Good morning sir, enjoying your run. I wonder if you wouldn't mind helping us with our inquiries? Oh don't worry about the firearms we just carry them for exercise"???

“The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal.” – Aristotle

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dubler9 For This Useful Post:

WhoKnows (11-25-2021)

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    Overall activity: 34.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nonsqtr View Post
    lol

I proudly state openly and publicly, anyone who messes with my family is getting shot.

I don't care if they're white, black, green, or little pink lesbians from Venus, they're still getting shot.

I don't even care if they're wearing a badge. So there.

If you mess with my kids, you die. Those are the rules. Test them at your own peril.

As far as the idiotic "law" goes, that body of work is corrupt and dangerous and it will NOT be a boundary when it comes to defending my family.

"Clean internet history" my foot. NO ONE has a clean internet history. Not even you.

If they want to find something on you, they will - and if they can't find anything, they'll make something up. That's how thoroughly corrupt our system of "justice" has become.
    I guess a lot would depend on your definition of "mess with"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

nonsqtr (11-25-2021)

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    Overall activity: 34.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermannsdenkmal View Post
    That's not at all what happened, and that's why the original district attorney cleared all 3 men and said they'd acted properly. These men became known on a national stage because the New York Times got involved all the way from New York City, and tried to get people angry over the racial element of the case. It worked because liberals are mindless people, and the state of Georgia reacted to the mob's anger. These men should not be going to prison period.
    Would you do this? Get a couple of buddies and chase down a guy you saw wander in to a garage with vehicles and guns? What's next handcuffs for jay walking? Citizen arrest has to come with citizen judgement and citizen responsibility.

Senior Member Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Overall activity: 28.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nonsqtr View Post
    I proudly state openly and publicly, anyone who messes with my family is getting shot.

I don't care if they're white, black, green, or little pink lesbians from Venus, they're still getting shot.

I don't even care if they're wearing a badge. So there.

If you mess with my kids, you die. Those are the rules. Test them at your own peril.

As far as the idiotic "law" goes, that body of work is corrupt and dangerous and it will NOT be a boundary when it comes to defending my family.

"Clean internet history" my foot. NO ONE has a clean internet history. Not even you.

If they want to find something on you, they will - and if they can't find anything, they'll make something up. That's how thoroughly corrupt our system of "justice" has become.
    That's my attitude too AND I include my dogs as family. Go to prison or protect my family? Fuck it, I'll take prison.

My view of the FBI is so low that if I were a witness to a terrorist incident or a bank robbery, I would not speak to them. Local cops, county sheriff OK but not the FBI. If I don't say what they want they might target me.
    "America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to old dog For This Useful Post:

Authentic (11-25-2021),nonsqtr (11-25-2021)

Alumni Member & VIP Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 94.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    I guess a lot would depend on your definition of "mess with"
    Attempt bodily harm or place in fear of life.

Both my kids are extraordinarily disciplined, they're not gonna reach into other peoples' spaces. Y'know... if anyone's after my girl it's not gonna be "her" fault.

Look, I'm not some anti-gubmint crazy or some hooligan that likes to break laws. I do my best to comply in EVERY area of regulations and the law. I own multiple businesses, and I want them to succeed, I "have to" be compliant.

But self defense, is serious stuff. That's not "rules and regulations", that's natural rights. Start messing with natural rights and there will be PROBLEMS. Big ones. Natural rights are on a whole different plane from "laws".

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nonsqtr For This Useful Post:

Authentic (11-25-2021),old dog (11-25-2021)

Alumni Member & VIP Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 94.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by old dog View Post
    That's my attitude too AND I include my dogs as family. Go to prison or protect my family? Fuck it, I'll take prison.

My view of the FBI is so low that if I were a witness to a terrorist incident or a bank robbery, I would not speak to them. Local cops, county sheriff OK but not the FBI. If I don't say what they want they might target me.
    Have you heard of Maslow's hierarchy of needs?

The idea is, guys walk around thinking about sex all the time, except when they starve, then they stop thinking about sex and start thinking about food. And cut off their air supply, and they stop thinking about food.

I propose, there is a similar heirarchy when it comes to the law. Most people obey the law until it becomes impossible. Violating natural rights is like cutting off the air supply, people will scratch and claw for whatever breath of oxygen they can get.

I'd rather walk alone Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassOverdrive1 year registered
    Awards:
    King of Publishing
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    Would you do this? Get a couple of buddies and chase down a guy you saw wander in to a garage with vehicles and guns? What's next handcuffs for jay walking? Citizen arrest has to come with citizen judgement and citizen responsibility.
    This is irrelevent. Arbery attacked McMichaels and tried to take his gun. He didn't have to do that.
    Free as f---

Let em come, we are Millwall!

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveTagger First ClassSocial1 year registered
    Overall activity: 35.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Authentic View Post
    This is irrelevent. Arbery attacked McMichaels and tried to take his gun. He didn't have to do that.
    After having been threatened with lethal force. Arbery's actions were in self-defense and were justified. Shooting him was not. The defendants/convicts had no right of self-defense.
    So let us stop talkin' falsely now
    The hour's getting late -- Jimi Hendrix

#RESISTBidet

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Oceander For This Useful Post:

WhoKnows (11-25-2021)

Thread Information