User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Greetings from the high desert

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialYour first Group1 year registeredRecommendation Second ClassTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 55.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by old dog View Post
    I am a retired engineer. Joined here a few years ago. Don't remember if I posted anything. I don't do social media, it's a sewer. Most "political forums" are echo chambers, this one looks different. Liberals and Conservatives will battle over issues 'till the cows come home. I'm beyond caring about most of them while our Republic itself is in jeopardy. Anyone who supports the Constitution is OK by me. Kurt Gödel was convinced that it had an internal fatal flaw, he might be right but thankfully we haven't found it yet. His reasoning was never published.

My daughter and I have recently gotten into prepping. We don't expect to need it but with prices and supply chain problems it's better than money in the bank. The rest of the family thinks we're crazy but we'll feed them too if it comes to that.

Welcome from a fellow engineer++
    Prepping is simply prudence. MrsPH frequently asks me to solve some impossible problem on no budget, and a few hours after I do, asks why I have all that crap in the basement.

Miracles come from preparation.
    Scientist, Evangelical Christian - reformed, father, entrepreneur, hunter, outdoorsman, motorcyclist, Constitutional Conservative.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Physics Hunter For This Useful Post:

old dog (10-27-2021)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialYour first Group1 year registeredRecommendation Second ClassTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 55.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Call_me_Ishmael View Post
    Retired engineer here too. Retired in January. Defense/Aerospace . Multidisciplinary but degrees are in electrical engineering, with a focus on electromagnetics... literally the proverbial DC to Daylight spectrum.

Pepper too... as of 2019 with 2020 being intensely productive in that endeavor. Aside from wood gasification equipment, I'm fairly well equipped for a year for 3 people. Maybe a little less but not by much.

Aside from divine intervention, it is my opinion that our constitution is the only thing that will set us apart from other societies that were destroyed from within.

That (bolded) is a cool description Ish.
    Scientist, Evangelical Christian - reformed, father, entrepreneur, hunter, outdoorsman, motorcyclist, Constitutional Conservative.

Pork Eating Infidel Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Overall activity: 69.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Physics Hunter View Post
    Welcome from a fellow engineer++
    Prepping is simply prudence. MrsPH frequently asks me to solve some impossible problem on no budget, and a few hours after I do, asks why I have all that crap in the basement.

Miracles come from preparation.
    No basements in New Mexico, I have to keep all my crap in the garage.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to old dog For This Useful Post:

Physics Hunter (10-27-2021)

Alumni Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranSocialTagger Second ClassOverdrive
    Overall activity: 37.0%

Thanks
    welcome

Thread Information