User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dems to ditch Filibuster to ram thru Fed Voting Laws and Spending

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 9.0%

Thanks

Dems to ditch Filibuster to ram thru Fed Voting Laws and Spending

McConnell screwed up by approving the recent short term Debt Ceiling increase.

Dems will be prepared next time

Oh......and those who are optimistic about midterms.........Dems got a plan for that also.

If only Repubs had half of the tenacity of Dems.

White House: Biden to Outline Filibuster Changes in 'Weeks'

The White House said Friday that President Joe Biden would speak in the coming weeks about moving to “fundamentally alter" the filibuster or even eliminate the legislative roadblock that empowers the Senate minority as he aims to pass sweeping voting laws and secure the nation's credit.

In a CNN town hall, Biden said that if Republicans refuse to provide the votes necessary to raise the debt limit — as they threatened last month before backing down on the eve of a potential government default — "I think you’ll see an awful lot of Democrats being ready to say: ‘Not me. I’m not doing that again. We’re going to end the filibuster.’”

“Voting rights is equally as consequential,” Biden added, suggesting he would be open to filibuster changes to pass the long-stalled Democratic legislation as well as “maybe more” on unspecified issues.

White House: Biden to Outline Filibuster Changes in 'Weeks' | Newsmax.com
    Last edited by What'sThat?; 10-23-2021 at 09:28 AM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to What'sThat? For This Useful Post:

Conservative Libertarian (10-23-2021),Foghorn (10-23-2021),Old Ridge Runner (10-23-2021),Quark (10-23-2021),WarriorRob (10-23-2021)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 40.0%

Thanks
    Once you balance the budget and pay off the national debt then we can talk. Otherwise talk to the hand.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Foghorn For This Useful Post:

Conservative Libertarian (10-23-2021),Hillofbeans (10-23-2021),MedicineBow (10-23-2021),Old Ridge Runner (10-23-2021)

50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 52.0%

Thanks
    If they
    do this then any poster here who poo poos voting or says that the Democrats & Republicans are the Same is unAmerican ...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gator Monroe For This Useful Post:

Old Ridge Runner (10-23-2021)

Thanks
    Repubs are sitting still......on their hands.......doing nothing.....thinking that Dems will sink themselves before midterms.

Little do they know Dems have a plan for elections.......and will ram through anything necessary to achieve their ultimate goals.

If Repubs just had half the tenacity and fight of Dems.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to What'sThat? For This Useful Post:

Common (10-23-2021),Conservative Libertarian (10-23-2021),FNguy (10-23-2021),teeceetx (10-23-2021)

Alumni Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 40.0%

Thanks
    I think I've said all I can on this subject.

My only thought, is just you wait.

The Democrap's are going to do ANYTHING to win in 2022 & 2024, and I mean ANYTHING.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to teeceetx For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (10-23-2021),Conservative Libertarian (10-23-2021),Hillofbeans (10-23-2021),Quark (10-23-2021)

50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 52.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by teeceetx View Post

The Democrap's are going to do ANYTHING to win in 2022 & 2024, and I mean ANYTHING.
    Running gunbattles and bussing in Their foot soldiers ?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gator Monroe For This Useful Post:

Conservative Libertarian (10-23-2021),teeceetx (10-24-2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by teeceetx View Post

Yea as I posted on above they are already planning to ditch the filibuster to ran through their Fed seizure of Elections annulling voter integrity laws recently passed by states.
    Last edited by What'sThat?; 10-23-2021 at 10:42 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to What'sThat? For This Useful Post:

teeceetx (10-24-2021)

50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Think it will be ruled unconstitutional.

10th amendment

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
    Last edited by flack; 10-23-2021 at 10:40 AM.

V.I.P. Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flack View Post
    Think it will be ruled unconstitutional.

10th amendment

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

They have been threatening to eliminate the Congressional filibuster for 50-some years, and it is never going to get out of committee.
    Would hand absolute and total power over to whatever party is holding the majority in Congress - and since the Democrats hold such a slim majority - they won't vote straight party lines sufficiently enough to push it through, if it ever does get out of committee.

Even with their big majority with Trump in office, they never even tried to do it. That or pack the Supreme Court. FDR tried that and got turned down huge.

The Democrats may be in charge now, but if they think 1-2 years in advance, most of them will understand their majority will probably disappear, and they will have zero power in Congress. The RHINO's are stupid - McConnell is just playing with them in suggesting they have a chance at eliminating the Congressional filibuster in the Senate. Pelosi will be out as speaker in November next year - AOC is the likely choice for the stupid Democrats to replace her., and 13-Democratic Congressmen are resigning next term. That is WAY more available seats for the GOP to grab off, that would swing the Congress to the Republicans.

It's a waiting game of who can scare which party the most. The Democrats hold razor thin majority in the House and are 50-50 in the Senate. Not enough votes there to eliminate the filibuster, or pass any illegal immigration bill giving them citizenship and the vote. But CNN will blather it as a distinct possibility - which it isn't, just to scare people off the real issues Biden is refusing to look at.

We have Hillary Clinton; Hunter Biden; James Comey; Peter Strucz and his concubine; Loretta Lynch; Eric Holder, et al, all who have committed major Federal criminal felonies, just waiting for some U.S. Attorney to bring the charges and put them in jail. Sessoms was bribed or afraid to do it; so was his do-nothing replacement. Merrick Garland certainly won't. That is something Donald Trump couldn't figure out - why he let the Democrats off the hook when they were so vulnerable. If he runs and wins in 2024 - hopefully he will have learned his lesson and fire ALL Obama-Biden appointees in positions in the U.S. Government - and lobby for a solid Speaker and Senate majority leader. He already hates McConnell.

Stan

17. The Following User Says Thank You to StanAtStanFan For This Useful Post:

teeceetx (10-24-2021)

Thanks
    Eliminating the filibuster for certain issues has been referred to in the recent past as the Nuke Option.

They did it before......... why in the world would any think as Dems grow more and more desperate they wouldn't do it again?

Think they will let election integrity laws by states to go unchecked and risk another 4 years of Trump?

I see them first doing this under the cover of raising the Debt ceiling in Dec ....... then for Fed Vote legislation cause they will frame it as SAVING THE DAY from Repubs
    Last edited by What'sThat?; 10-23-2021 at 01:34 PM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to What'sThat? For This Useful Post:

Gator Monroe (10-23-2021)

Thread Information