User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Why can't God just recreate this world but not rule directly over us?

Senior Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 14.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
    Heaven? A place without need for food, sleep, sex, exercise? Sounds really boring. Sounds really impossible.
    That's where I'm getting at when I say that Heaven sounds a little boring, on the other hand I know I will be reunited with family there. But God has designed us with these needs originally, yes, food and sex was originally what God called good, but Satan screwed it up and made it shameful and perverted it.
    [STRIKE]I am retired from this forum.[/STRIKE]
    I'm simply going to be here less often.

Games People Play Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 30.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Independent View Post
    That's where I'm getting at when I say that Heaven sounds a little boring, on the other hand I know I will be reunited with family there. But God has designed us with these needs originally, yes, food and sex was originally what God called good, but Satan screwed it up and made it shameful and perverted it.
    So just accept that there are things you don't understand.

There are plenty of things that you can, but apparently do not, yet. Like maybe, making a career of something.

Prepping for the next seven or so years of chaos.

I don't get the Christian dogma. I think, personally, few do - they just accept the words as faith. I understand what I can, which is, essentially, Natural Law. What I can't understand, I leave unanswered, and move on.

Life is that way. You can wonder, you can research, but some questions are never answered. Especially not ones that cannot be empirically proven.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JustPassinThru For This Useful Post:

Brat (10-16-2021),Quark (10-15-2021)

Social1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Thanks
    But the consequence of Hell is even worse of a fate than what man's worst wrath? Why is it considered just or humane that anyone who doesn't believe or accept in the God but is still a good person to go to Hell? Unless you want to go into some mind doublespeak or mental gymnastics. How would you feel about your neighbor if he annihilated his child as consequence for his bad actions? Even if it is all true, why do you think it is necessarily fair and just?

The whole thing seems akin to a game, where there are losers (those who are damned) and winners (those who go to Heaven) and there can only be two, eternal outcome for any individual person.
    It isn't my place to judge God, he makes the rules.

There are many different ideas of what hell is. The one that seems to have the most foundation biblically is the idea that hell is simply where souls go that don't measure up and that place is outside of God's grace.

I'd like to know that their is a special kind of hell where the worst of the worst suffer endless pain in payment for their sins but it won't affect me either way.

Social1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Thanks
    No, sex is still very much a good thing between married couples who are not living a life of perversion and decadence.

The bible actually tells us that it is the duty of each the husband and wife to "lay" with their spouse.

If sex were a bad thing overall there would be a huge contradiction since it's necessary to further the species.

Thread Information