User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For those who miss Logitech's trackball

Senior Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 57.0%

Thanks

For those who miss Logitech's trackball

Technically, those types have been continuing to be made by Logitech. However, their range of models narrowed in 2013 onward. As such, maybe around 2015, I did a hard search on if there were any other companies that made these types of mouse anymore. Kensington makes some. But, theirs are rather expensive. Instead, I found Elecom and Sanwa. Admittedly, they are Japanese manufacturers. But, at least they're not Chinese (as far as I can tell anyways). These would be their wired mice for around $30:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016QCPO0G/

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TYC445Q/

2. The Following User Says Thank You to crcook84 For This Useful Post:

Rutabaga (09-18-2021)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 26.0%

Thanks
    I found Elecom and Sanwa. Admittedly, they are Japanese manufacturers.

Honestly I think that I would rather buy Japanese & for that matter Korean stuff. And yes, I'd buy them over many American made products. It's sad to say but long ago people bought American made products because they were better made & lasted longer. Then American products started being made cheaper to compete with stuff made overseas & now the overseas stuff is made better & is either cheaper or the same price.

I've had a Toyota now for 6 or 7 months & it's already the best car that I've ever had. Plus they gave me the best price & DIDN'T LIE TO ME (like almost every other dealer in town).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Old Tex For This Useful Post:

Lone Gunman (09-18-2021)

Alumni Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 53.0%

Thanks
    I have used a trackball mouse for about 15 years. I had an original one that finally gave out. My new one is a little more skittish than the old one. I also have at least 2 cordless ones, but for some reason, they don't "see" what they are doing smoothly enough for me to use them for gaming so they sit in a drawer.

I found my new one on Amazon about a year ago when I got my (finally) Alienware computer.

I won't use any other mouse than a trackball.
    Last edited by Jen; 09-18-2021 at 07:01 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jen For This Useful Post:

Lone Gunman (09-18-2021)

V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Tex View Post
    I found Elecom and Sanwa. Admittedly, they are Japanese manufacturers.

Honestly I think that I would rather buy Japanese & for that matter Korean stuff. And yes, I'd buy them over many American made products. It's sad to say but long ago people bought American made products because they were better made & lasted longer. Then American products started being made cheaper to compete with stuff made overseas & now the overseas stuff is made better & is either cheaper or the same price.

I've had a Toyota now for 6 or 7 months & it's already the best car that I've ever had. Plus they gave me the best price & DIDN'T LIE TO ME (like almost every other dealer in town).
    Our Toyotas have lasted like no other cars we've had. I love them.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jen For This Useful Post:

Lone Gunman (09-18-2021)

V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 8.0%

Thanks
    i'm using one now...its the 2nd I've purchased in 15 years...

[i bought one of those cool looking sports car mouses, but it was shit...
    "The nose, knows"

"Negros were like animals and they turned the streets into jungles”
    joe biden.

Covid=$
    "The Emperor Wears No Clothes"

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rutabaga For This Useful Post:

Jen (09-18-2021),Lone Gunman (09-18-2021)

Senior Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 57.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post

I got a used 96 Toyota Corolla in 2009. I'd probably still be driving that now if the cylinder holding the spark plug hadn't popped out of it's socket. I got a 09 Toyota Camry in 2017. Roomier, that's for sure. Other than replacing the coolant system and the front bearings the first year, I haven't had anything else major than the tires and the oil.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to crcook84 For This Useful Post:

Lone Gunman (09-18-2021)

Venator Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 49.0%

Thanks
    next vehicle i buy, probably will be my last, is going to be japanese or korean, no doubt.

i've got a 21 year old ranger that runs like a clock, the only thing i've put in it are a couple batteries, but i'm kinda/sorta wanting a new suv with all the bells and whistles.
    Μολών λαβέ

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 26.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Jen I'll run down the list:

Ford didn't want to work on my truck for something minor.
    Chevy wanted to charge me $45 OVER the price that I could have ordered it on line for.
    Kia just didn't have the options that I wanted on a car less than $52,000.
    Hyundai added on $7,000 OVER sticker because they had a "hot" car.
    VW told me that they could order one with the color I wanted but it would cost me $2,500 more than the only one they had.
    Mazda just out & out lied to both my wife & I (2 different times).
    And GM was the winner because they told (2 different people) such a whopper lie that no reasonable person would have believed it. And then they lied again about it needing a brake job 2 years later.

So I wasn't expecting much from Toyota. I liked the car though. So I started with their internet price to see if I could get it down $2,000 from that but didn't expect much. In the end they called me up & asked me if I would consider it if it was $3,000 below their internet price & I said I would consider it (I didn't really need a car). Later that day they called me back with a price $4,300 lower than their internet price which was $9,000 below sticker price. I couldn't pass it up.

My only complaints are: Don't love the way they do their cruise control. I've got a seat that rattles (I'll get it fixed at the first oil change). And I don't like to have to mail a check to a different place than where I do my payments (I always pay extra & I don't want it to go in future payments) .

But the car is fricken awesome. I get about 19 mpg in town & probably 23 or more on the highway (I don't do highway trips). And it has lots of room & MOVES. My 1 trip out of town (it was brand new) I passed a 18 wheeler & a car & looked down & was doing 105 mph (& it wasn't to the floor). I love that sucker. But I do expect to pay some tickets sooner or later because I've got a heavy foot.

V.I.P
    Achievements:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by crcook84 View Post
    I got a used 96 Toyota Corolla in 2009. I'd probably still be driving that now if the cylinder holding the spark plug hadn't popped out of it's socket. I got a 09 Toyota Camry in 2017. Roomier, that's for sure. Other than replacing the coolant system and the front bearings the first year, I haven't had anything else major than the tires and the oil.
    We have a 2007 Sienna that still looks good inside and out, it has about almost 200,000 miles on it. The battery is dead from lack of use, but it's still a good car despite all the miles. The car we drive is a newer Highlander.

V.I.P
    Achievements:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Tex View Post
    Jen I'll run down the list:

Ford didn't want to work on my truck for something minor.
    Chevy wanted to charge me $45 OVER the price that I could have ordered it on line for.
    Kia just didn't have the options that I wanted on a car less than $52,000.
    Hyundai added on $7,000 OVER sticker because they had a "hot" car.
    VW told me that they could order one with the color I wanted but it would cost me $2,500 more than the only one they had.
    Mazda just out & out lied to both my wife & I (2 different times).
    And GM was the winner because they told (2 different people) such a whopper lie that no reasonable person would have believed it. And then they lied again about it needing a brake job 2 years later.

So I wasn't expecting much from Toyota. I liked the car though. So I started with their internet price to see if I could get it down $2,000 from that but didn't expect much. In the end they called me up & asked me if I would consider it if it was $3,000 below their internet price & I said I would consider it (I didn't really need a car). Later that day they called me back with a price $4,300 lower than their internet price which was $9,000 below sticker price. I couldn't pass it up.

My only complaints are: Don't love the way they do their cruise control. I've got a seat that rattles (I'll get it fixed at the first oil change). And I don't like to have to mail a check to a different place than where I do my payments (I always pay extra & I don't want it to go in future payments) .

But the car is fricken awesome. I get about 19 mpg in town & probably 23 or more on the highway (I don't do highway trips). And it has lots of room & MOVES. My 1 trip out of town (it was brand new) I passed a 18 wheeler & a car & looked down & was doing 105 mph (& it wasn't to the floor). I love that sucker. But I do expect to pay some tickets sooner or later because I've got a heavy foot.
    Our old Sienna has better ac vent placement than our Highlander does. Other than that...... I love the Highlander. We will be getting a new one here soon. We have had regular maintenance on our Toyotas, but everything else has worked fine. It's a good car.

Thread Information