User Tag List

Thread: Proof Positive That 5G & Dopes Can Work Together

Senior Member Forum Donor Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 15.0%

Thanks

Proof Positive That 5G & Dopes Can Work Together

Talk about a new way of getting high, climbing 230 feet to steal coax?

What a dummy.

Cell.Tower_.Coax_.Theft_.jpg

Tower Tech Douglas Lee read off chapter and verse of United States Law to a deputy investigating T-Mobile transmission line thefts at an SBA site in North Carolina. The deputy saw through his ‘smoke’screen and then read Lee his Miranda rights.

A well-known social media tower tech faces a half-dozen charges in Rowan County, NC after he allegedly removed transmission lines last Thursday from a 230-foot self-supporting tower to sell them for scrap, causing an outage for T-Mobile customers, according to the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office.

Douglas Corbett Lee, 43, of Fayetteville, NC was charged with two counts of felony larceny, injury to personal property, misdemeanor possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, first-degree trespassing, and impersonating a law enforcement officer.

A resident had alerted authorities that a suspicious person was at the site and a deputy responded to the cell site off of G Goodnight Road that was surrounded by trees.

Although sections of transmission lines were found in Lee’s truck, he presented reasons, although questionable, why he was at the site.

He reportedly said that he was working for the owner of the tower and then later said he owned the tower, but if the deputy looked at the signs on the gate it is likely that he would have noticed that the structure is owned by SBA Communications of Boca Raton, FL.

He also said that his company was Lee Tower, Inc. and since he was a tower tech by trade, oftentimes taking on 1099 work, he most likely impressed the deputy with his breadth of knowledge and industry vernacular.

But the ruse fell apart when a technician from T-Mobile arrived at the site to investigate a NOC outage report and he informed the deputy that Lee wasn’t authorized to work on their equipment on the multi-tenant tower.

If the deputy had any reservations about whether or not Lee was authorized to be on the site, they quickly evaporated after Lee started blathering about the tower falling under the control of maritime law and that he was also empowered to do the work under Article Two of the Declaration of Independence and the country’s founding fathers had authorized him to be postmaster general.

On Lee’s Facebook page, he states that in 1998 he started a new job as Postmaster of the U.S. House of Representatives.

Prior to being arrested, Lee went to his pickup truck and showed the deputy a binder that contained information about laws and the United States constitution.

In past years, he was a frequent poster in industry Facebook groups, oftentimes delving into lanes of bombastic political commentary that no one could understand or agree with. His bond was set at $15,000.

North Carolina tower techs caught red-handed with T-Mobile site coax | Wireless Estimator

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Well Bonded For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (09-17-2021),dinosaur (09-17-2021),Lone Gunman (09-17-2021)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocial
    Overall activity: 84.0%

Thanks
    There was a case in London a couple of years ago in which an area suffered intermittent power outages and surging. The investigation eventually took the Electric Boards guys to a manhole, and down the ladder at the bottom they found a Romanian immigrant with a pair of bolt cutters heat welded to a set of 11kv 3 phase bus bars. Interestingly, he must have been there several months because the current had boiled his body fluids away and mummified him
    Last edited by UKSmartypants; 09-17-2021 at 05:35 PM.
    I declare that the entire content and attachments of any and all of my posts are for the purposes of personal entertainment, and that I do not vouch for the veracity of the content. Neither do I care if you doubt my sources. That's your prerogative, but not my concern.

DO NOT POST COVID,VACCINE, or 5G BOLLOX IN MY THREADS. TAKE IT TO THE COVID FORUM. -----------------------------------------------------------
    REMEMBER: Xenophobia Can Save Lives!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to UKSmartypants For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (09-17-2021),Lone Gunman (09-17-2021),Well Bonded (09-17-2021)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 17.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Well Bonded View Post
    Talk about a new way of getting high, climbing 230 feet to steal coax?

What a dummy.

Cell.Tower_.Coax_.Theft_.jpg

Tower Tech Douglas Lee read off chapter and verse of United States Law to a deputy investigating T-Mobile transmission line thefts at an SBA site in North Carolina. The deputy saw through his ‘smoke’screen and then read Lee his Miranda rights.

A well-known social media tower tech faces a half-dozen charges in Rowan County, NC after he allegedly removed transmission lines last Thursday from a 230-foot self-supporting tower to sell them for scrap, causing an outage for T-Mobile customers, according to the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office.

Douglas Corbett Lee, 43, of Fayetteville, NC was charged with two counts of felony larceny, injury to personal property, misdemeanor possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, first-degree trespassing, and impersonating a law enforcement officer.

A resident had alerted authorities that a suspicious person was at the site and a deputy responded to the cell site off of G Goodnight Road that was surrounded by trees.

Although sections of transmission lines were found in Lee’s truck, he presented reasons, although questionable, why he was at the site.

He reportedly said that he was working for the owner of the tower and then later said he owned the tower, but if the deputy looked at the signs on the gate it is likely that he would have noticed that the structure is owned by SBA Communications of Boca Raton, FL.

He also said that his company was Lee Tower, Inc. and since he was a tower tech by trade, oftentimes taking on 1099 work, he most likely impressed the deputy with his breadth of knowledge and industry vernacular.

But the ruse fell apart when a technician from T-Mobile arrived at the site to investigate a NOC outage report and he informed the deputy that Lee wasn’t authorized to work on their equipment on the multi-tenant tower.

If the deputy had any reservations about whether or not Lee was authorized to be on the site, they quickly evaporated after Lee started blathering about the tower falling under the control of maritime law and that he was also empowered to do the work under Article Two of the Declaration of Independence and the country’s founding fathers had authorized him to be postmaster general.

On Lee’s Facebook page, he states that in 1998 he started a new job as Postmaster of the U.S. House of Representatives.

Prior to being arrested, Lee went to his pickup truck and showed the deputy a binder that contained information about laws and the United States constitution.

In past years, he was a frequent poster in industry Facebook groups, oftentimes delving into lanes of bombastic political commentary that no one could understand or agree with. His bond was set at $15,000.

North Carolina tower techs caught red-handed with T-Mobile site coax | Wireless Estimator
    1/2g techs in a 5G world.
    #BlackLIESMatter---Martin Luther King Jr. was a REPUBLICAN!

The Democratic Party. The party of the STUPIDS, for the STUPIDS, by the STUPIDS.

جعل أمريكا كبيره مره أخرى
    I VOTED FOR THE PRESIDENT!

Political Correctness is HATE SPEECH!

THE GREATEST DANGER TO THE USA IS THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dan40 For This Useful Post:

Lone Gunman (09-17-2021),Well Bonded (09-17-2021)

Venator Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 47.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by UKSmartypants View Post
    There was a case in London a couple of years ago in which an area suffered intermittent power outages and surging. The investigation eventually took the Electric Boards guys to a manhole, and down the ladder at the bottom they found a Romanian immigrant with a pair of bolt cutters heat welded to a set of 11kv 3 phase bus bars. Interestingly, he must have been there several months because the current had boiled his body fluids away and mummified him
    look up 'dallas copper bandits.'

similar situation, although they found these guys pretty much flash-fried.
    Μολών λαβέ

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocial
    Overall activity: 84.0%

Thanks
    at least the op's guy had the sense to take coaxial, which want carrying much power. Although the scrap value of coaxial is pretty low, its 99% air and plastic.
    I declare that the entire content and attachments of any and all of my posts are for the purposes of personal entertainment, and that I do not vouch for the veracity of the content. Neither do I care if you doubt my sources. That's your prerogative, but not my concern.

DO NOT POST COVID,VACCINE, or 5G BOLLOX IN MY THREADS. TAKE IT TO THE COVID FORUM. -----------------------------------------------------------
    REMEMBER: Xenophobia Can Save Lives!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by UKSmartypants View Post
    Electric cooking is a slothful process, which is best avoided if at all possible.

Alumni Member & VIP Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 31.0%

Thanks
    Science? This is science?

So the guy's a nutball, so what? They're common these days.

I have a question though. How do you get a 230 foot "self supporting" tower?

230 feet, that's 80 yards on a football field. That's a tall tower. So what does "self supporting" mean? They just stuck the thing in the ground and hoped for the best?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nonsqtr View Post
    That's a tall tower. So what does "self supporting" mean? They just stuck the thing in the ground and hoped for the best?
    It is a tower without guy wires and such towers are very common, because compared to guyed towers they don't require a lot of real estate to erect.
    Last edited by Well Bonded; 09-18-2021 at 07:42 AM.

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Thanks

Proof Positive That 5G & Dopes Can Work Together

What the hell was going on with VZ cell sites all over Georgia and parts of Alabama & SC Thursday night into Friday morning?

There was no service at all.
    Last edited by NuYawka; 09-18-2021 at 08:06 AM.

Thread Information