Thread: Banned on Nextdoor....Again

Shut up Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassOverdrive1 year registered
    Awards:
    King of Publishing
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by UKSmartypants View Post
    on the other hand, ive had Pm's from 8 other people here who agree with me regarding the takeover of this site by anti-vaxxers. So, swings and roundabouts, eh?
    LOL. Who is taking over?
    I'd rather walk alone.

Let em' come...we are Millwall!

Senior Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 52.0%

Thanks
    on the other hand, ive had Pm's from 8 other people here who agree with me regarding the takeover of this site by anti-vaxxers. So, swings and roundabouts, eh?
    Hm. I guess I missed those people. I mean I've seen comments about black people not taking the vaccine or state numbers in regards to which states are doing better or worse in regards to Covid. But, I haven't come across that much flaming as compared with Nextdoor. Although, even if the site is being taken over by anti-vaxxers, I haven't see too much in the way of posts getting deleted or users getting banned temporarily because someone didn't like a post. I mean I'm sure it happens. But, I would imagine it would be for something extreme, like using ethnic slurs or making posts encouraging violence.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to crcook84 For This Useful Post:

Brat (09-17-2021)

Proud Boomer Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 34.0%

Thanks
    Are you for the pro-vax crowd, then?
    Unwavering loyalty for my President, Donald J Trump

~Shower the people you love with love~

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    Overall activity: 67.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by crcook84 View Post
    I think I will take this as a badge of honor. I made a new post on Nextdoor in regards to censorship and comparing it with Nicki Minaj getting "accidentally" banned on Twitter for a vaccine comment:

I'm sure that this post will get taken down at some point because of who is posting it. However, I felt the need to post it. I am finding that any messages posted by people who don't agree with what the mainstream narrative is are getting blocked, deleted, and their accounts temporarily disabled. This happened to Nicki Minaj recently. She posted that she wasn't going to get vaccinated just to appear at the Met Gala. If she got vaccinated, it would be after she was able to do some research on which vaccines were safe enough for her. She even tweeted Tucker in one of her posts. Twitter promptly banned her over "vaccine disinformation". The MSM felt the need to attack her as well. An official spokesperson for Twitter claimed that the block was an accident. However, Nicki took to Instagram to call out the censorship and hypocrisy that was going on on social media and compared it with China.

Unless more people speak up, this situation WILL get worse.

I think I posted it, probably, September 15th. Today is the 17th and this is what I got when I went to Nextdoor:

Attachment 62659

Basically, you can talk about the garage sale next door. But, if you talk about the vaccine, it better be about taking it and not questioning whether or not you should. (Other people have posted on the main feed about the vaccine and the post would reach up to 50 comments over 3 to 5 days without getting deleted. So, the vaccine isn't necessarily a controversial topic that needs to be put in a specific group. I even posted on the main feed about people getting gun training before going out to buy a gun. That post reached 250 comments. Which is supposed to be a more controversial topic: guns or the vaccine?) Am I bothered? Not really. I got a message from another user thanking me for what I did before I got banned:

Brave and bold

I just want to say that I’ve seen you speak out about Covid, the vaccines and Biden’s efforts to forcibly vaccinate us. I appreciate your bravely and boldness. It is true that we walk a very fine line in the world right now. The level of venom so freely spewed at those of us who question the government and choose to maintain our right to choose what is put into our bodies is intense. People don’t see where this is headed. Anyway…. This is a long winded thanks for speaking up and being brave. You are willing to receive an onslaught of judgment and rancor I choose to avoid.

Thanks again.

I hope I can stay on Nextdoor so that I can help pet owners find their pets again. However, even more so, I hope I can help others find the courage to stand up and fight back against the authoritarianism that is slowly invading these social website.

I'm not familiar with the Nextdoor but I don't think youur post will be banned here. Although she actually shared a "cousin story" about a friend's testicles bursting into flames due to the vaccine or some lesser nonesense. Apparently the fear is that without the Social Media God's extending their condescending help to those they see as too dumb to sort these things out for themseles. No reason to take it down, in fact doing so just fuels the fire. Possibly on purpose?

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    Overall activity: 67.0%

Thanks

We all have our opinions that's what makes these forums so addictive. In general diversity of opinion is an endangered species mostly relugated to two groups of rabid political fans. In this case however we have at least three opinions and occasionally a 4th.
    1) Believe in vaccines AND in pressuring / forcing others to get them
    2) Think the vaccines themself are highly dangerous and believe they should warn/convert others
    3) Believe the vaccine is best for most, have taken it themselves and do not believe the vaccine to be highly dangerous. But also do not believe others should be forced to accept it.
    4) I suppose a few who do not want the vaccine but do not believe it to be highly dangerous. But either there are few of them or they aren't as vocal about it as the rest of us.

Thread Information